Taycor Financial Marketing Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Taycor Financial in February 2012.

I discovered the open Corporate Inside Sales position at Taycor Financial through my school's Career Development Services online job directory. I uploaded my resume and cover letter Thursday afternoon and received a call to schedule an interview the following Friday morning, and went in for the interview Monday. Needless to say, the process leading up to the interview was quick, yet efficient. I spoke with the Director of Business Development and Marketing. From the beginning he was accommodating, providing his direct phone number in the case I needed anything.

I met with the same gentleman I spoke with over the phone. As the interview was underway, aside from usual nervousness, I felt comfortable. The interviewer started off asking about my standing in school and major to break the ice a bit. This lead more into my experience within marketing, brand management and social media. Then as I began to ask questions about specific duties and roles of the position, the interviewer and I realized a discrepancy in the position to which I was applying. I had only seen an opening for the sales position, while he rightfully presumed, according to my major and experience, that I was applying for the Marketing Associate position. I was excited there was a marketing position that seemed to be a better fit, but I also thought I should have highlighted or expanded on previous experience to demonstrate my compatibility with the marketing position as opposed to the sales position. The interviewer did not make a big deal regarding the mix up, so that helped to alleviate the embarrassment and regret. Overall, I think the interview went well and was not as intimidating as I had anticipated.

One thing that stood out, and that I appreciated was that he took the time to provide constructive criticism regarding my resume. While many employers may have disqualified me for the faults, he called them to my attention and suggested that I corrected them and send the corrected resume back. This gesture showed how the organization is willing to provide insight, and opportunities for growth among its professionals which is something I am looking for early in my career.

Interview Questions
  • What are the types of things you have done in your class projects? How comfortable are you with the brand management aspect?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Taycor Financial

Anonymous Employee  in  Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Taycor Financial in January 2012.

I came to known about the position through the company's website. I emailed them my resume and received a prompt response, to which I was very pleased. Scheduled an interview for the next day, went in and all went smoothly. Was interviewed by the head of marketing, not too stressful.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about marketing the business of equipment leasing using social media?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Taycor Financial in October 2011.

I came to know about the position opening through an university job directory site. I received a phone response the same day I contacted the firm regarding my interest in the position. I was asked to go in for an in-person interview the following day. The interview process was positive and stress-free. The interviewer was clear in his questions and gave a good background of the firm, as well as answered any questions I had regarding the position. He went in-depth as to what the position would entail. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience; Taycor Financial offered prompt response to my interest and a positive interview environment.

Interview Questions

Worked for Taycor Financial? Contribute to the Community!