Taycor Financial Vendor Relations Assistant Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Vendor Relations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Taycor Financial in April 2012.

I learned of the job opportunity through a friend at my school. I then sent over an email, with my resume attached, to the contact she had referred me to. I promptly received a return email asking if I would like to come in for an interview. We established a time, and the interviewer told me their exact office location and where I should park, which was very helpful.

The interview went very well. The interviewer was extremely friendly, and easy-going. He began by giving me a background and insight into the company. Describing the company as a whole, and the type of work that they do in the office. I had previously researched the company before the interview to get some background information, but I was able to better understand the company through the interview. He discussed the process of business that happens in the office, and how they we're looking for someone to help them with gathering information for their vendor database, whether it be gathering vendor contact information, or simply collecting logos from a vendor's website.

We then discussed my resume. We went over some of the past jobs I have worked at, what I liked about them, etc. He complimented me on the format of my resume, and kindly gave me some tips to help improve it slightly, which I very much appreciated.

The interviewer then went on to discuss the expectations of the job and what I would be doing. I had been given a brief idea of what the job would entail from my friend, and that it was not going to be a very "glamorous" job, as it consists mainly of repetitive computer tasks. However, the interviewer was very clear and honest in managing my expectations, letting me know that if I was not interested in performing the same tasks day to day, that this wouldn't be the right job for me. I really appreciated his straightforwardness and honesty in this situation, not giving me a false impression of what I would be doing.

He discussed the hours and pay of the job, and spoke of how it is a very flexible job in that if you have a lot going on and simply need an extra day off that it would be no problem. As a busy college student knowing I would be taking a summer course simultaneously, this was very appealing to me.

Overall, the interview was very professional and easy-going, and the interviewer was very kind and straightforward. I would highly recommend interested candidates to pursue a job with Taycor Financial.

Interview Questions
  • What do you see yourself doing with your Finance major?   View Answer