TaylorMade-adidas Golf Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2015
Updated Feb 20, 2015

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TaylorMade-adidas Golf.

Interview with IT manager and VP was straightforward with questions on my background, problem-solving, and collaboration with others. They made an offer within a day and I did the drug test the same day as the offer.

Interview Questions
    I negotiated a higher annual bonus percentage and a few thousand more in annual salary.

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TaylorMade-adidas Golf.

Applied through their corporate recruiter, with a recommendation/referral from someone I know that works there.

Had a phone interview with TaylorMade corporate recruiter, asked how I stacked up against the job description. I had everything except for one or two things (I later learned that most of their candidates lacked the same things). Otherwise went well and call lasted longer than scheduled.

Contacted a few days later by the recruiter and she asked me to come on site for interview with herself, followed by the Director of Middleware and Development, to whom this role would report.

Came on site (early) on that day for my 10am interview. Recruiter was unavailable because she was stuck in another meeting, so some random person took me to a conference room where I met with the Director. I thought this just went ok. He was a generally nice, intelligent person, but VERY difficult to read so it was unclear as to what he really thought of me during the interview. We talked about my skills and experience. All of my experience/skills meet or exceed the MYRIAD of things listed in the job description, except that I don't have A LOT of experience working with off shore resource (I have some), and I don't have Oracle EBS experience (but I was told they haven't been able to find anyone with Oracle EBS).

Corporate recruiter joined us for the tail end, then the Director left. Then I spent 30-45 min. talking with recruiter. Had what I thought was a GREAT conversation. She shared a ton about the company, allowed me a lot of time to talk about my views on leadership and management (this position would have direct reports), and while I don't know that I was the best candidate they say, I was and still am very confident that I was up there near the top.

Before I left, recruiter asked me if I was available for 2nd interview with more people some time the following week. I said yes, told her any time was fine. She said she would be in touch and told me, "Wait until you see our campus! It is awesome!". I left the place feeling unsure, but good.

As soon as I got back to my computer after the interview, I sent both the Director and the corporate recruiter a personalized thank you message (one letter directly to each).

The following week (the week I was supposed to be called in for second interview), I sat on the edge of my seat Monday through Friday awaiting a phone call or e-mail from the corporate recruiter. Silence. Thursday, I saw that the job was reposted on public job board. That was a confusing, but I tried not to read too much into that. Friday I called the recruiter to follow up directly, but there was no answer so I left a friendly voice message.

The NEXT Monday, I received an email from the recruiter very late in the day, apologizing for not calling me back and promising to call me the next day (Tuesday) before lunch. I replied in agreement, then cleared my extremely busy calendar for that morning to be available for the call that would come at any given point.

Guess what? Silence that day, and for the rest of the week. Wednesday, the job was posted on yet another public job board.

What started as a pleasant experience, and a good perception of this recruiter, turned sour real fast. I am a professional- I understand that I may not be selected for the position. I would have LOVED a generic, copy-paste, cold rejection e-mail right away so I could just move on, but instead I was given the run around, and almost zero communication and transparency.

You can judge the character of a person by how they treat the person who can do nothing for them. And in this case, I was treated with nothing but blatant disrespect. I don't think there is an excuse. "Recruiter doesn't know how to give bad news", "recruiter was too swamped", whatever. This is yet another recruiter who doesn't really have any people or professional skills sufficient enough to do the right thing for people just on principle. Sad. Not just for me, but for everyone else who has to suffer through that until this person gains some professional experience and is treated that way by someone else one day.

If this recruiter is a representation of the people that work there, especially what my peers would be like, perhaps...just perhaps... I don't want to work there anyway.

Interview Questions
    • When can you come back for a follow up interview?   View Answer

Manufacturing Engineering Position (Metalwoods) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TaylorMade-adidas Golf in May 2014.

Applied through their website, unbelievably recieved a call from HR a few weeks later. The woman was very nice and we spoke for about 20 minutes. She asked a few questions about my resume/experience and at the end of the call told me she would set up a phone interview with the Director of Engineering. The interview came around and it was a VERY long 30minute call. At one point he apologized and said "sorry for grilling you so hard". Director ended our call with the advice "I understand you love for the game of golf and I tell everyone looking to get their foot in the door to stay in contact with HR. They can be your best friend". unfortunately I was not offered the job but the experience of the call was very helpful. Hoping to continue my relationship with HR and apply to jobs here regularly

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer ~25 very similar questions along the lines of...
      Give me an example of a team setting you were in when everyone had ideas they were working on for countless hours and you had to explain to a teammate why their idea could not be used.
      Give me an example of a team setting where your ideas were not used, how did you handle this?
      etc...

Answer Question

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TaylorMade-adidas Golf in September 2013.

I had a 30 minute call with recruitor about my past experiences and how I may fit the role. I then spoke with the line manager before being flown for a panel interview with selected people within the department. After this I was offered a role.

Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TaylorMade-adidas Golf.

quick 15 min phone call with the hiring manager, in person 30 minute interview with the VP/hiring manager. Pretty basic easy interview

Interview Questions
    • It was all your basic questions, Why you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at TaylorMade-adidas Golf in April 2012.

I interviewed for a recruitment position. At the end of the interview I asked what the next steps were. The recruitment manager told me the next steps were to interview further with the panel. I let a week go past the expected to hear date, I called to follow up, and never received a return call. I received a call a few weeks later telling me that they filled the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my long term career goals. The answer included advancing through HR - I feel that this honest answer for desired career growth hindered my interview.   View Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TaylorMade-adidas Golf in January 2009.

Seemed like a good, young culture of hard working and hard playing staff. Basketball hoop outside with people playing at lunch, driving range on campus as well. Interviewed first with HR then with the hiring manager. Seemed to go semi well but in the end I don't think i had the necessary skills. Now looking into working at Callaway or Titlelist, or possibly outside the golf world. We'll see where I end up!

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TaylorMade-adidas Golf in February 2007.

Pretty basic interview process. I did about a 30 minute phone inteveriew the first time and then saw them the next day. Pretty basic interview questions, however, one was "when you die what do you want on your tombstone?". Threw me off a little bit. Overall, a great organization to work for.

Interview Questions
    • When you die, what do you want written on your gravestone?   View Answer

Golf Pro Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TaylorMade-adidas Golf in June 2010.

Interview process is very technical i had to tell them everything about golf different specification about the golf club like shaft specifications, club angle, distance etc.

No negotiation

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TaylorMade-adidas Golf in January 2008.

Phone call with recruiter, phone call with manager, in-person interviews with manager, HR, coworker, and VP.

Interview Questions
    Yes, was able to get $5k signing bonus, $5k salary increase, and increase my annual bonus from 15% to 20%.