Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Teach For All
- Associate (1)
- Director (1)
- Director, Growth Strategy & Development Written Communications/Grant Writer (1)
I was contacted by a recruiter via Linkedin, and we had a very productive informational interview! Then, it was the same person with whom I spoke for my official interview. It was very straightforward - questions about my experience, my interest in the job, and the opportunity for me to learn more about the position. I did not move forward, and I would have felt comfortable asking for feedback if I'd wanted
- The position was a step up in title but turned out to be very similar to what I'm doing now. I was asked about why I would want to make a lateral move, and I didn't have a very good answer. Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Teach For All in August 2014.
Applied in April. In June, received a request for further written information in support of my app. Was on a contract at the time, so I didn't respond. Even still, a month later, received a request for a Skype interview with the UK-based recruiter. Conducted it Skype interview that week. 45 minutes. A preliminary screening call. Very broad questions.
- "What about your prior experience do you feel makes you well suited for this position?" 1 Answer
Helpful (3)No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Teach For All (New York, NY) in February 2014.
There is an initial HR Screening process followed by a lengthy assignment and then is followed by interviews with at least three other people, all of whom you would be working with on your team.
- Describe a project that you led and drove all the way through? Answer Question
- What techniques did you use to communicate effectively across cultures? How do you overcome some basic value differences, such as attitudes towards women, to collaborate on projects and programs. Answer Question
- Describe your process for coming up with your answers for your assignment. 1 Answer
- Where do you see yourself in 18 months? in five years? 1 Answer
- What core value of the organization most resonates with you? 1 Answer