Teach For China

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Teach For China

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Teach For China in November 2011.

I applied online and was granted a skype interview. Despite the fact that I am a good student and a leader on the college campus, the interviewer did not ask me any questions beyond the most basic that were quite clearly listed as mandatory questions by TFC. He didn't really listen to my answers (never responded to what I said), but if he disagreed, would cut me off and ask me to "stay on topic." The interviewer went to a top liberal arts college and this was evident as day as his tone was condescending. Ultimately, I did not go on to the next round (which surprised the recruiter who recruited me. She sent me a personalized e-mail telling me she was upset I was not accepted to the next round) because I did not see the attachment reading - make sure you do this as you are pretty much disqualified if you don't read the article. I've had many interviews since, and some before, and have to say it was one of the most unpleasant interview experiences I've ever had.

Interview Questions
  • How do you manage your time?   Answer Question
  • From the reading and your experience, what evidence is there that there is an education gap in China?   Answer Question