Teach for America Administrative Support Staff Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Administrative Support Staff Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Teach for America in May 2013.

I applied for this position online and was contacted within a few weeks of submitting my application. All initial correspondence was done via email and everything was very well organized. I scheduled a phone interview online and an associate called me at the specified time and date for an hour long interview. The person I spoke with was very cordial and asked very meaningful questions.

This was followed by a second phone interview which was also a very positive experience. The hiring process seems to be a long one but I think it's for worth it for such a great organization.

I hear there is a project that selected candidates are asked to complete in a week's period. I'm not sure what this project entails but I would think it directly related to the job in some way.

Interview Questions
  • (Be familiar with the core values and try to identify which one you most closely align with and why)

Describe a time when you dropped the ball and how you handled it.

Describe a time when you did not agree with a superior and you managed to accomplish your end goal in spite of this disagreement.

How do you stay organized?

Describe an accomplishment that you are proud of and why.

Side Note: There were almost always sub-questions that followed each main question pertaining directly to the original question. I would say this was done for clarification purposes.
      Answer Question

Worked for Teach for America? Contribute to the Community!