Teach for America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Interview

Assistant
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Teach for America in June 2010.

Interview Details – First, I had a phone interview with a member of their Human Assets team, who asked me basic questions I would expect in any interview process. Then, I interviewed in person with members of the sub-team I applied to join. Finally, I interviewed with other members of the larger team to which that sub-team belongs. I got the impression that the key interview was the second one - the first was more of a screen, and the final was more to make sure I could get along with the people I would be working with on the periphery.

Interview Question – They asked me to explain what their team did. In theory, it sounds like an easy question to answer, but looking someone in the eye and telling them what exactly it is that they do was surprisingly difficult.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Assistant

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Teach for America in October 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called within 4 days to do a phone interview. I did another phone interview after that and was given a mock assignment to do. The next phone interview was an opportunity to discuss the project and my decision making process. Next I was flown in for in person interviews with the team. Followup was prompt up until the final stage. Perhaps they were having difficulty making a decision. Enthusiasm for ed reform goes a long way, but ultimately, I wasn't confident in my ability to do the job, and it showed.

Interview Question – How do you keep organized? I was asked this several times, and I never felt I got this right.   Answer Question

Worked for Teach for America? Contribute to the Community!