Teach for America

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Coordinator

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview Details – Interview was fair - lasted about one hour. Talked mostly about past experience and the job description. I was asked to email the interviewer if I was still interested and he would send me a mock project description. Received the mock project description the following Monday, was given 2 hours to work on it. Received an email about 10 days letter saying that I did not get the offer.

Interview Question – Mock project planning   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Teach for America in April 2013.

Interview Details – One initial phone interview followed by a skills exercise, where they ask you to create a project plan, and a final in-person interview. Really nice environment and people, interview wasn't hard as long as you show your passion for TFA and their mission. Lots of behavioral questions.

Interview Question – One of TFA's core values is Team, can you please tell us how you work in a team? What is one thing the time you work with likes about you and what is one thing that could be improved?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation allowed.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Teach for America in November 2009.

Interview Details – Because my interview was over the phone, I didn't get a sense for the work culture, but I'm a big fan of the organization. The position was with TFA's summer institute to train new corps members. The interviewer was cordial, but from the beginning, the position didn't seem to be a great fit.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview Details – I applied for the position via the online application process. Prior to that I was connected by a current employee to the hiring manager for the region (a difference between the actual person/team hiring). She gave her my resume and I applied after that. I received an email inviting me to an interview. I completed a phone interview and then was invited for a second in person interview. After accepting and setting up the interview I received a project I was to complete. I was very impressed with the building and felt like I was in a very professional setting. Having worked in non-profit my whole career, this was the nicest setting I had ever seen. The people were very nice but very strict throughout the interview. i could not get a read on whether I was performing well or not. I felt confident in my answers and ability to perform the job according to their vision.

Interview Question – Getting a good sense on how the interviewer felt I performed on the activity given to complete before the interview   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Teach for America

Worked for Teach for America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teach for America Coordinator interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Teach for America employees and interview candidates.