Teach for America

Updated Jan 29, 2015

3.5

132 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Corps Member Interview

There are three steps to the application process. 1.) An Application 2.) A phone Interview 3.) A day long final interview. They are very selective in their practices and they do not give you feedback so I am still unaware of what I did wrong during the final interview

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Teach for America in May 2013.

I participated in the pilot program of the junior-year early deadline. The application was made available in February of my junior year and the in-person interview took place in early May. I found out that I was accepted in mid-May and learned my region but am still waiting to hear my grade/subject placement until the Fall. I liked being able to apply early and entering senior year with a job option. I was told if I was not selected through the Junior deadline I would have the option of applying again as a senior.

Interview Questions

Haven't been asked to accept or decline yet.

Corps Member Interview

Lengthy initial online application, phone interview, then full-day interview. Make sure that you know their core values and what they are about as an organization. They are very data-driven and want to know specific examples of your leadership showcased through particular situations.

Corps Member Interview

Applied online for the first interview process. Got an email saying I could skip the phone interview and go directly to the in-person interview. The in-person interview took about 3 or 4 hours with a group section and then a personal 1-on-1 interview. I was contacted about a month later and was told I was accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you set a goal and didn't reach it. How did you recover?   Answer Question

Corps Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Teach for America.

The application is lengthy and requires a lot of jumping through hoops. If they like what they see on paper, you get a phone interview. If you pass that, you advance to a final interview day where you complete an activity in a small group, delivery a demo lesson to that group, and do a one-on-one interview.

Corps Member Interview

written application, Phone interview and then final interview

Corps Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Teach for America in March 2013.

Applied online and received an email to be invited for a phone interview which lasted less than 20 minutes and had generic questions about TFA and mission. I think I did fine on the interview but I guess I’ll just wait and see till the 20th if I’ve been invited for the final interview. My interviewer was very polite and friendly and overall the process has been pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to teach rather than some other medium to help children?   Answer Question

Corps Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Teach for America in March 2013.

I completed the application, online activity and phone interview

Corp Member Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Teach for America.

The phone interview was all of the basic behavioral questions. One thing that I have not seen anyone else mention is to make sure you really create a connection with your interview. I think this is a good determination if you move forward. My interview was very friendly and reacted to my answers like a normal conversation as opposed to one of my friends who interviewed and she said her interviewer just said ok to all of her answers. This could be different for everyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Teach for America.

A rather extensive interview process, with online application followed by phone interviews, multiple short online tasks and in person final interview involving the teaching of a 5 minute lesson.