Teach for America Development Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2014

3.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Development Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Teach for America in August 2014.

Applied online and was contacted the next day. Scheduled a phone interview which lasted about 25 minutes. The interview was pretty bland and didn't leave me with a good opinion of the company or a desire for the position. I lost interest as the interview went on, which I'm sure the interviewer picked up on.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Development Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Teach for America in July 2013.

In July 2013, I interviewed for the Development Coordinator position at the Houston office of Teach for America (TFA). The initial interview was an hour in length, included two people, and occurred via telephone. (First interviews are ALWAYS via phone - unless there are special circumstances.) The interviewers were a manager within the department for which I was interviewing and another individual. They were friendly, "human," and seemed interested in me. They wanted to know about my basic qualifications, but also about me as a person (number of siblings, hobbies, entire school history, favorite subjects, etc.). When it comes to qualifications and experiences, the first interview only grazes the surface. Prior to the first interview, it is highly likely that they will ask you to complete a series of tasks in order to gauge more honestly and accurately your preparedness for the position. There is a deadline, so get ready. The TFA interview process usually requires at least four interviews; however, my process included only two. (I say this because in all of the email correspondence, my last interview was called my "final interview," and when it began, the interviewer congratulated me on making it to the final round.) The final interview is WAY more in-depth. It is either in-person or via webcam; mine was via webcam. Depending on the position, you will have to DISSECT various work experiences in order to paint a clear picture of how well you can perform the tasks required by the position. I distinctly remember having to dissect my ENTIRE process - from planning to execution - for a community forum that I planned. She asked about my planning process (i.e., do I color-code?), how I divided tasks (i.e., are you comfortable delegating tasks? can you lead others? how do you keep your team members on task?), how I ensured thorough execution of the conference/ forum (i.e., how did you setup? how did you delegate tasks on the day of the event?), etc. I was very comfortable throughout the interviewing process, and event though I didn't get the position, it is an interview process that I will forever remember as a positive one.