Teach for America

Teach for America Director Interview Questions

3.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Teach for America.

Process began with a 30 minute phone interview to assess whether there was a culture fit.

Then was given a round of exercises, followed by a call to discuss the exercises, and a couple behavioral questions.

Couple more rounds of phone interviews, followed by another round of exercises. I don't think this is common, but it can happen.

Interview Questions
  • Scenario role play: A colleague is opposed to a project that you have been assigned to. You need her help to successfully complete the project. How would you address this.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Teach for America in January 2013.

3 interviews, phone, 2 in person. Very straight forward- Know your role and work and the interview will be easy. 1 take home project submitted relating to the role was assigned and submitted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Teach for America in February 2010.

I received am email for a phone interview and I selected the first date available.

Interview Questions
    • Which TFA core values do you align with?   View Answer
    Yes, I was able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Teach for America in January 2010.

There was a role play involved in which I was asked to pretend I was in the position for which I was applying. It definitely was not too difficult at all, and mostly you needed common sense in order to get through it. Overall, I think that the interviewers were quite professional and made a strong effort to make me feel comfortable. Also, once I received the offer, I was called by a few people from the org to discuss the job. In sum, I had a pretty positive interview experience with Teach For America.

Interview Questions
    • Pretend you are [person in the job for which I was applying]. How would you react to Situation X?   Answer Question

Director Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Teach for America in December 2010.

Applied online, contacted by human assets for a 30 interview on core values. Followed by in person meeting with direct manager. Written assignment included a major project plan and then a phone interview with 2 other team members. Final interview was with an executive director of another regional office.

Interview Questions
    Was offered a salary above posted starting rate.

Have seen other applicants negotiations fall through and offers be withdrawn because we are a nonprofit, I have not yet seen them negotiate.