Teach for America

422 candidate interviews

Recruitment Manager Interview

Recruitment Manager

Interviewed at Teach for America

Interview Details – Lots of activities and different rounds of interviews with different people.
This is a great chance to really get to know the nature of the work though and to get a thorough understanding of the organization's staff culture, especially since most candidates hired into this role come out of the Corps.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Operations Coordinator

Interviewed at Teach for America

Interview Details – The interview process for this position is conducted by one main interviewer, a director-level worker, and a few director-level others may stand by to listen in on the interview. The interview was not stressful but was longer than other interviews for jobs. They seem to like extremely busy people who have a lot to talk about.

Interview Question – They asked about previous leadership experience and difficulties. Most questions were straight-forward.   Answer Question

Operations Coordinator Interview

Operations Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview Details – After completing an activity demonstrating our ability to plan and organize a typical day at the Institute, we discussed the plan I had submitted and the reasoning behind my decisions. Pretty basic. The interviewer then asked about my interest in Teach For America and my reasons for applying for the position. She asked what was one of the most challenging experiences I have encountered. Also, she asked for a time when I disagreed with a supervisor.

Interview Question – None - all were pretty expected given the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was straight forward - no negotiation took place.

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Teach for America

Interview Details – This was a very thorough and thoughtful process. Most questions are relevant, thought provoking, and really get down to how well you will perform in the job. There are technical aspects depending upon the role, but this was a key indicator of success for me as a candidate as well as the hiring manager.

Interview Question – If outside the organization, knowledge of the nature of the work as a whole.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview Details – Interview was very thorough. They do not really do a good job of getting to know the new employer. It is clear there is a right answer and if you dont say the right answer, with respect to their corp values, they wont seek to understand why you disagree. Very difficult to get accepted but if you talk about you lack of priviledge...ie if you are of any minority than it is A LOT easier to get in.

Interview Question – How do you feel about profound additional impact within the classroom?   Answer Question

Corp Member Interview

Corp Member

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview Details – The phone interview was all of the basic behavioral questions. One thing that I have not seen anyone else mention is to make sure you really create a connection with your interview. I think this is a good determination if you move forward. My interview was very friendly and reacted to my answers like a normal conversation as opposed to one of my friends who interviewed and she said her interviewer just said ok to all of her answers. This could be different for everyone.

Interview Question – How do you stay organized?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Interviewed at Teach for America

Interview Details – online app with statement of interest, phone interview, online assignments, in person interview

Interview Question – lots of questions about leadership experience   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview Details – After submitting the online application, there is a phone interview that you may or may not have to complete. I skipped to the final interview which was in person. There was a 5 minute presentation that each interviewee had to deliver to display creativity and speaking skills. There was also a group conversation and a one-on-one interview.

Interview Question – The questions were not very difficult, however the role play was unexpected.   Answer Question

Interview Details – Resume, Letter of Intent, Online Application

Online Activity, Phone Interview

Letters of Recommendation, Full Day Interview

Interview Question – What would make you quit TFA?   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview Details – Online form and short essay questions, then invited for a short screening phone interview.

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected, but the phone interview is odd because it feels like you're talking to a machine.   Answer Question