Teach for America
Teach for America Interviewee Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Teacher (162)
- Corps Member (112)
- TFA Corps Member (41)
- Managing Director (6)
- Director (5)
- Coordinator (4)
- Teaching (3)
- Recruitment Associate (3)
- Operations Coordinator (3)
- Teach for America Corps Member (3)
- Program Coordinator (3)
- Corp Member (3)
- 2011 Corps Member (2)
- Manager, Teacher Leadership Development (2)
- 2013 Corps Member (2)
- Manager (2)
- Program Assistant (2)
- Development (2)
- Teacher/Corps Member (2)
- Assistant (2)
- Interviewee (2)
- IT Manager (1)
- Campus Campaign Coordinator (1)
- Middle School Math Teacher (1)
- Training (1)
- 2008 Corps. Member (1)
- Information Technology (1)
- Manager, Marketing Operations (1)
- Managing Multimedia Designer (Web) (1)
- Corps Member/Teacher (1)
Interviewee Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Teach for America in March 2014.
Interview Details – I will not elaborate on the actual process because we are sworn to confidentiality but I will most definitely give you words of advice that will directly correlate to the application process.
1. If you make it t the phone interview, make sure you are prepared and confident with everything from TFA's core values and mission statement to the volunteer hours you did a few years back that you decided to put on your resume.
2. It is normal to be nervous but know that the interviewers are very kind and helpful and only want to see you succeed.
3. Once you are done with the interview, ask questions! I cannot stress this enough. If you have a chance to speak to someone who is currently in the corp why not ask them one-on-one the question or questions (if you have time) that you have been most curious about.
Most importantly, confidence is key. Be sure that you are passionate and confident about this organization!
Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected, just know that they will focus on your resume. Answer Question
Interviewee Interview (Positive Experience; Difficult Interview)
I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Teach for America in February 2014.
Interview Details – There is a LONG online application. You either do not get a phone interview, get a phone interview, or get invited to a final interview. If you pass the phone interview, you make the final interview which is intense. Usually 12 people. You give your lesson plan, do a group activity, then have your individual interview. The individual interview is awkward because they are typing, but just be yourself. Focus on positive answers and highlight how you "never quit", are "passionate" and "relate" to the TFA cause (I would say DON'T do TFA if you're not passionate...).
Interview Question – I promised not to say. BUT learn everything about your resume, the website, and your application. Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at Teach for America