Teach for America Operations Coordinator Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Teach for America in November 2011.

Very long interview process. Questions specifically targeting organization/prioritization/project management skills. Interview probes for as specific of answers as possible that reveal a true thought process and detailed steps within your answer.

Interview Questions
  • Many questions regarding a challenge you faced and how you prioritized, asked in many different ways - be prepared with multiple examples of how you have faced challenging workloads, communication issues, relationship issues, organizational challenges, etc.   Answer Question
No negotiations b/c it is a non profit. You accept or decline.

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Operations Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Teach for America.

After completing an activity demonstrating our ability to plan and organize a typical day at the Institute, we discussed the plan I had submitted and the reasoning behind my decisions. Pretty basic. The interviewer then asked about my interest in Teach For America and my reasons for applying for the position. She asked what was one of the most challenging experiences I have encountered. Also, she asked for a time when I disagreed with a supervisor.

Interview Questions
    The offer was straight forward - no negotiation took place.

Operations Coordinator Interview

The interview process for this position is conducted by one main interviewer, a director-level worker, and a few director-level others may stand by to listen in on the interview. The interview was not stressful but was longer than other interviews for jobs. They seem to like extremely busy people who have a lot to talk about.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about previous leadership experience and difficulties. Most questions were straight-forward.   Answer Question

Worked for Teach for America? Contribute to the Community!