Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Teach for America
- Teacher (186)
- Corps Member (152)
- TFA Corps Member (63)
- Teach for America Corps Member (13)
- Managing Director (8)
- Director (7)
- Recruitment Associate (5)
- Coordinator (4)
- Operations Coordinator (3)
- Assistant (3)
- Teaching (3)
- Corp Member (3)
- Manager, Teacher Leadership Development (3)
- Program Coordinator (3)
- Manager (2)
- 2013 Corps Member (2)
- Program Assistant (2)
- Development Coordinator (2)
- 2011 Corps Member (2)
- Interviewee (2)
- Campus Campaign Coordinator (2)
- Director of Development (2)
- Development (2)
- Recruitment Manager (2)
- Teacher/Corps Member (2)
- Human Resources Coordinator (1)
- Curriculum Specialist (1)
- Portal Developer (1)
- Executive Assistant (1)
- Development Associate (1)
Operations Coordinator Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Teach for America.
After completing an activity demonstrating our ability to plan and organize a typical day at the Institute, we discussed the plan I had submitted and the reasoning behind my decisions. Pretty basic. The interviewer then asked about my interest in Teach For America and my reasons for applying for the position. She asked what was one of the most challenging experiences I have encountered. Also, she asked for a time when I disagreed with a supervisor.
- None - all were pretty expected given the position. Answer Question
The offer was straight forward - no negotiation took place.
Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America
Operations Coordinator InterviewDeclined Offer
The interview process for this position is conducted by one main interviewer, a director-level worker, and a few director-level others may stand by to listen in on the interview. The interview was not stressful but was longer than other interviews for jobs. They seem to like extremely busy people who have a lot to talk about.
- They asked about previous leadership experience and difficulties. Most questions were straight-forward. Answer Question
Operations Coordinator InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ months – interviewed at Teach for America (New York, NY) in November 2011.
Very long interview process. Questions specifically targeting organization/prioritization/project management skills. Interview probes for as specific of answers as possible that reveal a true thought process and detailed steps within your answer.
- Many questions regarding a challenge you faced and how you prioritized, asked in many different ways - be prepared with multiple examples of how you have faced challenging workloads, communication issues, relationship issues, organizational challenges, etc. Answer Question
No negotiations b/c it is a non profit. You accept or decline.