Teach for America

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Teach for America in November 2011.

Interview Details – Very long interview process. Questions specifically targeting organization/prioritization/project management skills. Interview probes for as specific of answers as possible that reveal a true thought process and detailed steps within your answer.

Interview Question – Many questions regarding a challenge you faced and how you prioritized, asked in many different ways - be prepared with multiple examples of how you have faced challenging workloads, communication issues, relationship issues, organizational challenges, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations b/c it is a non profit. You accept or decline.

Interviewed at Teach for America

Interview Details – The interview process for this position is conducted by one main interviewer, a director-level worker, and a few director-level others may stand by to listen in on the interview. The interview was not stressful but was longer than other interviews for jobs. They seem to like extremely busy people who have a lot to talk about.

Interview Question – They asked about previous leadership experience and difficulties. Most questions were straight-forward.   Answer Question

Operations Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview Details – After completing an activity demonstrating our ability to plan and organize a typical day at the Institute, we discussed the plan I had submitted and the reasoning behind my decisions. Pretty basic. The interviewer then asked about my interest in Teach For America and my reasons for applying for the position. She asked what was one of the most challenging experiences I have encountered. Also, she asked for a time when I disagreed with a supervisor.

Interview Question – None - all were pretty expected given the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was straight forward - no negotiation took place.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Teach for America

Worked for Teach for America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teach for America Operations Coordinator interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Teach for America employees and interview candidates.