Teach for America Program Coordinator Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Teach for America (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

I submitted my resume on the organization's website. Within four days, I received an email requesting a phone interview a couple of days later. I scheduled the 30-minute interview two weeks later based on a date range they provided. My interview confirmation email included two documents with details about the organization and its values. A week after my HR phone interview (about 20 days into the process), I received an email from the Program Director in the office that I had applied to. She wanted to schedule a second interview and provided two exercises to complete in preparation for the interview. The second interview was scheduled for the following week (26 days into the process). It went well, for the most part. I distinctly recall a portion where I stumbled, which is likely why I wasn't offered the position, despite having considerable relevant experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with someone with whom you didn't get along.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Teach for America (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

I was given a first round screening from someone in New York then a local screening for the Chicago position. I was not able to move on. They were very transparent and organized for their interview process and you could tell why they are successful. I would apply to them again in the future.

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Teach for America in October 2009.

Interview

Phone interview for me are always somewhat awkward--I prefer in person. They asked me a few questions and a couple caught me off guard. 1. How do you stay organized? I answered it with a general answer but they kept asking details on how I do it. It was complicated to answer. Also they wanted to know how I prioritized everything. 2. Which core values to you relate to most? 3. Describe a time when you had to work with someone you didn't like. 4. Why are you interested in Teach for America? Also, they had do an activity over how I would plan and budget an event.