Teach for America

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Teach for America in June 2013.

I was given a first round screening from someone in New York then a local screening for the Chicago position. I was not able to move on. They were very transparent and organized for their interview process and you could tell why they are successful. I would apply to them again in the future.

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Program Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Teach for America in October 2009.

Phone interview for me are always somewhat awkward--I prefer in person.

They asked me a few questions and a couple caught me off guard.

1. How do you stay organized? I answered it with a general answer but they kept asking details on how I do it. It was complicated to answer. Also they wanted to know how I prioritized everything.

2. Which core values to you relate to most?

3. Describe a time when you had to work with someone you didn't like.

4. Why are you interested in Teach for America?

Also, they had do an activity over how I would plan and budget an event.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Teach for America in August 2008.

I submitted my resume on the organization's website. Within four days, I received an email requesting a phone interview a couple of days later. I scheduled the 30-minute interview two weeks later based on a date range they provided. My interview confirmation email included two documents with details about the organization and its values. A week after my HR phone interview (about 20 days into the process), I received an email from the Program Director in the office that I had applied to. She wanted to schedule a second interview and provided two exercises to complete in preparation for the interview. The second interview was scheduled for the following week (26 days into the process). It went well, for the most part. I distinctly recall a portion where I stumbled, which is likely why I wasn't offered the position, despite having considerable relevant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to work with someone with whom you didn't get along.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how you resolved it.   Answer Question