Teach for America Teacher Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014

3.5

166 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teacher Interview

Insanely long interview process only to be assigned a subject level that I stated I did not want. It was thus very frustrating. They need to be more upfront about the fact that some one requesting older students can go through the long process, get accepted, only to get assigned to pre-k.

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Teacher Interview

I first filled out the online application and met with a recruiter from my school. Then I had a phone interview, which was very nice. I did some online tests and then was offered a final in-person interview, which lasted all day.

Interview Questions
    • The sample teaching lesson was the most difficult for me because the outlines were very vague.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

30 min phone interview intially - fairly standard questions, next step was half day in person interview where you had to present a practice 5 minute lesson plan, and participate in a group discussion observed by interviewers, and then a one on one interview with a teach for america staff member

Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Teach for America.

Online application, followed by phone interview. They just asked about items that were on my resume, as well as some behavioral questions. Finally did a group assessment, followed by a one one with role play.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any surprise question, plus you were given a lot of time to prepare for the role play.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Teach for America in April 2014.

One phone interview, and in called into final interview. Process included 5 minute lesson plan, group activity, and personal interview.

Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Teach for America.

The online application is very thorough. I recommend meting with a recruiter to help answer any questions you amy have. Some applicants are required to do a phone interview; others are advanced to the final interview day. Before the final interview day, there are many forms to complete and files to upload. This takes time! You also need to secure two recommenders and one reference. The final interview day includes a sample lesson, group activity, and individual interview.

none

Teacher Interview

interviewed at Teach for America in March 2014.

I received a call promptly at my designated time and the interview began. The interview solid me a few times to write down some of my answers.I think that preparing yourself with one of the many teacher interview question on the internet will give your an overall idea of the type of questions that the tfa person will ask you.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths?
      Tell be about a goal/task that you accomplished.
      Festive a conflict you get had with a coworker and how was it resolved
        View Answer

Teacher Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Teach for America in March 2014.

The hiring process is very extensive because there are 3 aspects when applying for TFA. You should dedicate time (enough time) to finish the application efficiently. The application consist of extended response questions, demographic questions and etc. If accepted to the next step you will be invited to a phone interview, which is like a typical interview. Asking follow up questions and getting to know who you are. The last step is the in-person interview which consist of a teaching portion, group activity and a one on one interview with one of the interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Teach for America.

The interview process was tedious but not too difficult. They pretend like any and everyone is eligible and actually has a shot at getting accepted. They accept around 12% of applicants, so beware. The interviewers are very friendly and make you feel at ease. Just be yourself.

Teacher Interview

phone interview was about resume

Interview Questions
    • have you ever been in a conflict with someone you worked with and what did you do about it   Answer Question