Teach for America Teacher Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2014

3.5

163 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teacher Interview

interviewed at Teach for America in March 2014.

I received a call promptly at my designated time and the interview began. The interview solid me a few times to write down some of my answers.I think that preparing yourself with one of the many teacher interview question on the internet will give your an overall idea of the type of questions that the tfa person will ask you.

Interview Questions
  • What are your strengths?
    Tell be about a goal/task that you accomplished.
    Festive a conflict you get had with a coworker and how was it resolved
      View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Teach for America.

The online application is very thorough. I recommend meting with a recruiter to help answer any questions you amy have. Some applicants are required to do a phone interview; others are advanced to the final interview day. Before the final interview day, there are many forms to complete and files to upload. This takes time! You also need to secure two recommenders and one reference. The final interview day includes a sample lesson, group activity, and individual interview.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Teach for America in February 2014.

Rigorous process. Includes online application with essay questions, phone interview, online activity, and comprehensive in-person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Teach for America.

The interview process was tedious but not too difficult. They pretend like any and everyone is eligible and actually has a shot at getting accepted. They accept around 12% of applicants, so beware. The interviewers are very friendly and make you feel at ease. Just be yourself.

Teacher Interview

phone interview was about resume

Interview Questions
    • have you ever been in a conflict with someone you worked with and what did you do about it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clemson, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clemson, SC

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Teach for America.

The interview process starts by you applying online. After applying online they let you know if you have been invited to a phone interview. Someone that previously taught in the corps will be your interviewer. They ask you about your leadership experience and about things on your resume. Be prepared to speak a lot about what you have on your resume, I wouldn't fudge anything if I were you because they will ask you about it. Next they let you know within a week or two if you have gotten invited to the final interview. In the final interview you have to give a 5 minute lesson and watch the other people in your group do so. In my interview there were 2 interviewers that asked stupid questions (on purpose) to see how you handled them. For the final interview there is also a one-on-one interview where they ask basically the same questions about your resume that the phone interviewer did so be prepared to talk about your resume again. Before the final interview readings are provided to you... DONT FORGET TO READ THEM! They asked me a few questions about them. After your final interview you hear back within a month or so depending on which date you applied for.

Interview Questions

I believe in and am passionate about their cause but am not sure the direction they are taking is right for me.

Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Teach for America in October 2013.

Applied online before the 3rd deadline. Was invited to a phone interview and an online test. Phone interview was very structured and scripted. Hard to connect on a personal level with the interviewer. Phone interview lasted around 30-45 minutes and consisted of 6-7 questions about resume. Did not get invited to final interview.

Teacher Interview

Practice, practice, practice. The teaching portion of the interview is a big deal. Five minutes is not a long time and if you have a larger group, you want to make sure you are using your time and your students (fellow interviewees) wisely. Also, try to prep as much as you can before hand so that you don't go over your set up time.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult and unexpected question was how you could improve a routine that already works for you.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

The process was relaxed, friendly. The interviewers were very kind and at no time did I feel uncomfortable or unprepared for what would come next. The interviewers did a good job of letting us know from the second we arrived how the schedule for the day would play out. The personal interview was long but enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult; the group-teaching activity was tough though. Practicing with a group of people beforehand vs. individually is a good tactic for not going over time the day of.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Teach for America in October 2013.

There's an initial application with 300-word responses and other basic information. They will contact you to let you know if you are or aren't invited to the phone interview. The phone interview is half an hour with questions about your past work experiences and questions targeted at understanding how you deal with conflict. After the phone interview, you'll find out if you're invited to the final full-day interview which consists of a group interview as well as a one-on-one interview. Questions are very standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Under what circumstances would you leave TFA?   View Answer