Teachscape Interview Questions

Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Teachscape.

Interview

Contacted by a third party recruiter for a full time position. Interviewed with two people on the first day (hiring manager and another) then came in for a second interview. The group seemed professional and outgoing and relatively invested in the product they're selling. Pretty casual interview. I was showed around the office (this basically means to me that I won't get the job. Every hiring manager that has "shown me around the office" didn't end up hiring me).

Received an email from the third party recruiter that "the team really, really liked you." I checked in with the recruiter a week later and indicated that they're still interviewing other candidates. That pretty much means that I won't get the job. I never get the job when I hear those words. Never. There's always another candidate that is younger and less experienced that ends up getting the job. I've noticed the new hires on linkedin. They're all out of college. It's disgusting. Not saying that this isn't the case here, but with my shoddy luck, it probably will be.

Formula Configuration Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Teachscape in December 2013.

Interview

A staffing agency reached out to me about this 6-month contract opportunity. Within a week after they submitted my resume, I did a phone interview with HR. The phone interview lasted 30 minutes and asked questions focusing on the skills they are looking for (experience with dealing with large volume of numbers and level of Excel skills, etc.) A week after the phone interview, they told me that they decided to skip the onsite interview and give me an offer to start working immediately.

Interview Questions

• do you have any experience dealing with large volume of numbers   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked them to give me one or two days to think about whether to accept the offer or not, the staffing agency didn't allow me to and pushed me to make a rush decision by the end of the day and start working in two days.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Teachscape (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

There were many red flags from the getgo. The HR guy was disorganized and found him condescending. He sent the hiring manager my wrong resume and then would schedule an interview and not tell me! Got offered a 3 month contract with potential to go full time.

Interview Questions

• How did you define success for your marketing programs?   Answer Question

The job was posted as full-time but they offered me a 3 month contract with the potential to go full time. But they would continue to interview other candidates in the meantime so it wasn't a fair shot. Red flags abounded from the beginning. The HR guy was very disorganized, unapologetic and condescending. He would schedule an interview and not tell me. There seemed to be little communication between the hiring manager and HR. Disappointing as the organization has a wonderful mission.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Teachscape.

Interview

I was recommended this internship by a professor. The receptionist was very friendly. The interviewer was also friendly and made you less nervous. They interviewed around 10 people, invited around 3 for a second around of interview, and 1 is chosen. It''s 30-40 hours internship so be prepared.

Interview Questions

• why do you choose corporate accounting instead of public accounting?
      What is your favorite accounting course?
      general teamwork questions?

Answer Question

QA Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Teachscape in April 2012.

Interview

Had first phone interview than called for in person. First round went well then had one interview with qa director. He did not had time to take interview. Very arrogant and dominating. Attitude was bad. Too many internal problem.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Teachscape in August 2010.

Interview

Went to their offices twice. They just moved into 71 Stevenson St.

First time was 3 talks with different team members. They asked some general java and SQL questions.
    Second visit was more about design and QA with the VP of engineering and a QA engineer.

The atmosphere seemed to be good and the people enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• whats the difference between interfaces and abstract classes in java?   Answer Question