Team Detroit

Updated Oct 31, 2014
Updated Oct 31, 2014

2.7

Graphic Design Interview

interviewed at Team Detroit in August 2014.

The review process lasted about a month. I first sent an email to HR expressing my interest and they replied asking to see my portfolio. The next step was an onsite interview.

Assistant Digital Media Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Team Detroit in August 2014.

I emailed the day after applying, had my phone interview (20 minutes) 4 days later. Very basic information was given to them. He asked why I applied and what interests me about the job, then went into all the details about the job. Very informative. Got a call 4 days later for an in person interview which took place 6 days after that. I met with 4 people, 15 minutes each and stayed in one room while they switched. They all asked me norm,al interview questions and then asked if I had any. I got the job two days later. Very efficient.

Interview Questions
    • State an example of when you were given a difficult task with a time constraint and how you handled it.   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Team Detroit in July 2014.

Applied online, received email from HR intern to schedule a phone screen with recruiter. Phone screen with recruiter and scheduled for onsite interview within 2 weeks. told I would receive update within a week. After 3 weeks, emailed manager I interviewed with told recruiter would follow up within a week. Never heard from them.

Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Team Detroit.

Applied on LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter about 2 weeks later. I had an interview with a group of 4 individuals in that department a few days later. One of them said they would definitely be getting a hold of me and it felt like they were very interested. It was about 2 weeks after that that the recruiter contacted me again to see what my salary requirement was, and since then (3 weeks ago) I've heard nothing. Based on reviews and my experience, it seems like hiring is a lengthy process.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. The interview itself was pretty relaxed.   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Team Detroit in May 2014.

I applied online for the job and was contacted within about two months. My recruiter was very helpful and we had great conversations. I was brought in for an interview within a week. The recruiter and hiring manager were both on time and were very friendly with me. I heard back about the job within the week that I didn't get the job. The recruiter then offered me another job interview in a different department. I interviewed the following week and received my offer the following Monday. My recruiter was very easy to contact and answered any questions I had.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unexpected or out of the ordinary. Both interviews felt more like conversations with friends.   Answer Question

Global Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Team Detroit in April 2014.

I was referred to Team Detroit from an existing employee, who had encouraged me to apply online. An HR Representative requested that I take part in a telephone screening, which I agreed to. Oddly, the Rep. first asked me if I knew the current employee, who had referred me for the job availability. Then, I was asked to go over my résumé and answer any questions about my skills.

A week later, I was requested, by the same HR Rep., to take part in a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager on the following day. This is where things went south: The Rep. promised to send me a logistical e-mail with an employment application on the same day, which was never sent to me even though I had left a voicemail on HR’s general mailbox, stating that I didn't get the message! Therefore, I had to use the Internet to find the interview site and was unable to fill out the employment application in anticipation of the event.

On the day of the interview, I arrived on time; however, the very same HR Rep. was quite inattentive and had difficulty locating the interviewer/hiring manager.

After the interview concluded with the hiring manager, I asked the HR Rep., to resend me the e-mail that I had never received, so that I could fill out the employment application, straight away, and send the completed form back to Team Detroit. Despite her promise, the message with attachment never came. I even left a voicemail on that Rep.’s direct mailbox informing her of this development!

When I reached out to her, the following morning, by e-mail, reminding her that I needed a PDF version of the employment application, the HR Rep. responded by sending me a rejection e-mail, notifying me that I wasn't being considered for the position that I had applied for, online. Unbelievable!

I was very disappointed with the runaround treatment that Team Detroit subjected me to.

Team Detroit Response

Jun 11, 2014SVP, Director Talent Acquisition

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience interviewing at Team Detroit. This is not a typical situation however it sounds like it was a very frustrating experience for you. Please feel free ... More

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Team Detroit.

In person interview with Sr. Recruiter, H.R. Manager and V.P. of H.R.

Interview Questions
    Negotiations were discussed up front.

Junior Art Director Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Team Detroit.

Met with Team Detroit recruiter, she was extremely nice to talk with and seemed passionate about the company and the city. I haven't heard back yet but it has only been a few days.

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Team Detroit in December 2013.

Know the company history (can be found on the company website). Generally, starts with a phone interview and then a face-to-face interview

Interview Questions
    • What are the five original companies that came together to form Team Detroit?   View Answer
    None

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Team Detroit in May 2013.

The interview process went smoothly and quickly, I found out I got the internship later that day. The woman who interviewed me was very enthusiastic about her position, and she had been an intern a few years previous. She made me feel very comfortable and eager to learn.