Team TAG

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.3

Account Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Team TAG.

Received a call back shortly after sending in my resume to schedule an interview. The interviewer, Manilynn, is professional yet friendly and easy-going; the interview went well and I was invited back for round 2. I do feel that the contents of the job are somewhat concealed: it entails shadowing one of the current reps for the day in door-to-door sales. Prior to that, there is a daily(?) meeting at the office. Here they call out how much everybody made the last week, ring bells and gongs, give high-fives, and try to motivate everybody for the day. The hours are essentially 12-8 pm. It seems silly at first but it's almost necessary; considering nobody wants to do door-to-door sales, you're painted a vivid picture of future potential. Assuming you survive the day and your rep likes you, you're invited back for rd 3, in which they prepare you to start the job the following week.

Not for me.

Sep 30, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review! We hope the 2nd interview shadow day provided more clarity for the position. It is our goal to give every candidate a clear picture of what it's like to be a part of Team ... More

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Team TAG.

In my experience, I was contacted through a resume I posted online. They called to schedule an in-person interview, which took roughly 15-30 minutes. You go in, fill out a paper about basic information and a questionnaire about your motivation, ambition, background skills, etc. The lady at the front desk (where you wait) is very friendly and makes you feel very comfortable. Her name is Ellesse. You're called in for an interview in another room with Manilynn. She is relatable and easy to talk to. She asks you to expand on your answers to your questionnaire and tells you what the company expects from you. There are some additional questions that aren't difficult to answer. They tell you they will contact you if they are interested in you moving to the second interview. I got a call back the same day, saying I got the second interview. When I came in, there was a small meeting with everyone, where they go over the principles, tips on how to do the pitch, and watch a video about teamwork. Next is the "shadowing" where they pair you up with a lead representative. You basically go out to the "field", different locations, and you get a feel of the day-to-day atmosphere and what you will be doing. The person you're shadowing is the person you want to impress and be relatable to. I really liked the person I was shadowing. He made me feel very at ease and was relatable. Advice: wear something presentable and professional, but makes sure you have comfortable shoes and clothes for all the walking you'll be doing. You get lunch with the person you are shadowing and that's when they go over the structure of the company, show you your potential growth, depending on your performance, and answer any questions you have. You'll also be asked some questions too. When you go back to the office, the person you shadowed has a meeting with another head leader. They then call you in to discuss your performance and if they want you to move on to the 10-day training (paid by performance). You have to contact your shadow by a certain time for your final decision.

The company has a great group of employees with high ambitions, positive attitudes, energy, and very welcoming personalities. There is potential for position growth and it seems like you would gain a lot of experience.

Advice: Show you have leadership qualities, interpersonal skills and ambition to succeed.

Interview Questions

Unfortunately, I decided to decline. However, I recommend you try going to the interview and see if it's the right fit for you. Some people can really gain and grow a lot from the company.

Sep 9, 2014HR Manager

Thank you so much for the review. We're glad you had a positive experience with the HR staff and the account representative you were shadowing. We're sorry that it didn't work out at this time but ... More

Account Representatitve Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Team TAG.

First round interview: very straightforward. They give you a question list before the interview starts and you need to fill it out.
    Second round interview: shadowing an experienced sales for 8 hours

Sep 16, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your response. We hope you had a great experience with our HR team and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Account Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Team TAG in August 2014.

I had an interview with them on August 7th 2014. The interview process was very simple.
    The first round is a 20 minute interview with one of the staff members. Before the interview they give you a questionnaire to fill out, so you have time to prepare for the questions they are going to ask.
    The second round takes an entire day. Its a good opportunity to see what a regular day in the company looks like.

Interview Questions

It's a sales position and involves walking around random businesses trying to sell office supplies/solar equipment etc. Not exactly what I want to do with my college degree. Even a middle school student is capable of doing that. Plus, its commission based, and most people don't make more than 2k/mo.

Sep 24, 2014President

As we talk to other companies about recruiting, we find ourselves defending the Millennial generation. We say that today's young work force is the most creative and hard working generation to every ... More

Account Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Team TAG.

The interview process was very standard and did not stand out in any way. The process was quite disorganized and as much as they invited me back for a second interview, I had to decline because the office culture was very unprofessional. The people were very nice, but didn't quite seem qualified.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over the other candidates? (not a difficult question, but this was the most in depth)   Answer Question

Not the right fit for me.

Aug 5, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you felt the process was disorganized. We will definitely discuss as an HR team on ways to streamline and improve our interview experience. We wish you ... More

Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Team TAG.

1st interview: General questions about you, specifically highlighted that they need leaders and asked if you can become a leader.
    2nd interview: Shadowing a closer, who will become your supervisor, all day. At this point, you'll finally realize that it is door to door sales.
    Final interview: If you like what you have seen in 2nd interview, you'll be meeting with the company owner.

Jun 24, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your response. We hope to help you in becoming a leader in our business! Welcome to the team!

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Team TAG.

the intervew takes 15mins. people are nice here, but company, no

Jun 17, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review. We're sorry that it didn't work out but we wish you the best of luck on your job hunt!

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Team TAG.

3 rounds of interviewing, first, one on one, second, follow around an employee for a day, third, final one on one interview

Jun 17, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review. We're sorry that it didn't work out but we wish you the best of luck on your future endeavors!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Team TAG in April 2014.

I went to the first interview and had a great experience. Everyone was extremely friendly and the interview was more of a conversation than anything. It was slightly delayed (1:00 meeting happened closer to 1:45), but both receptionists kept up conversation and made the time pass quickly. The interview itself last around half an hour.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were general questions about what you were looking for in a job, do you consider yourself a leader an the like.   Answer Question

I was offered an invitation to the second interview but declined because I didn't feel like Team TAG was the right fit for me.

Jun 17, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the wait but glad you enjoyed the lobby and the conversation with the staff. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Account Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Team TAG in April 2014.

Just general questions. Casual interview. Ask you about your interests, where you see yourself in a few years etc . don't talk about compensation in the first interview, if you get selected they call you for round 2 which lasts a whole day and round 3 with a panel. People taking the interview are pretty cool so are the other employees in the office.

Jun 17, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for your review. We're glad that you had a positive experience with our staff. We wish you the best of luck!