Team TAG Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.3

Account Representative Interview

Interview

Very simple, phone call then one on one interview with HR. Then if HR feels you're a good fit, then you'll shadow someone a full day, then 3rd round interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Team TAG (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by the team TAG HR and asked to come in for an interview. I arrived and had a very pleasant welcome and interview experience with the HR manager. At the end of the day, I was contacted and invited for a second interview the following week. This interview consisted of shadowing a current team TAG employee on her day, and seeing what a regular day at the firm looks like. This interview went, well and I was invited in for the final interview with the CEO Jamie Hepp. We discussed the possibilities of working at the firm, as well as the expectations required of account representatives. It was all very friendly, motivating and invigorating.

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Team TAG (Culver City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The first interview after you submit your resume will be with the HR manager. This interview is extremely brief and you only have to touch the surface of who you are, they hardly fill you in on what the company does. The second interview is with a "leader" who has been working with the company for about six months. You will go on a ride-along/ field day from 8:45am to 6:00pm to see if it is the right fit for both parties. At the end of the day, you interview with manager of the office and explain how your day went and why you feel that Team TAG is the right place for you.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Team TAG.

Interview

When I arrived at the office, the secretary handed me to forms to fill out. One was a standard contact form, the other was a pre-screener for the job. It asked a number of questions, like "With excellent training, how comfortable would you be with selling products door-to-door?" or "What two qualities that you have would benefit the company?"
    I marked that I wasn't comfortable selling items door-to-door on the form, and turned the form in.

It seemed like the were reviewing a lot of applicants very quickly. When I arrived there were two people waiting to see the interviewer ahead of me. When I went in, there were two people who arrived after me for the same interview. I waited about 20 minutes before I went in to see the interviewer.

The interview was very short, only lasting about 5 minutes. I introduced myself and the interviewer asked a little about where I lived - just general small talk. He asked a little about my previous work experience for about 2 minutes. The he asked if I was interested in administrative work or sales, and I stated administrative work. He told me a little about what the administrative assistants there do and then ended the interview after I had no more questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in in administrative work or sales?   Answer Question

Mar 24, 2015HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Our preliminary interviews are quite short as it's more of a get to know you before we get into the more in depth 2nd and 3rd interview. If you have any suggestions on ... More

Solar Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Team TAG.

Interview

First, you are going to be invited to a pre interview. They will give you a questionaire with a few questions like, what are your goals short and midterm, who is a great leader and why. Then there will be a 15 minute chat. Everything is professionally handled.
    If you make it through the first step, you will be invited for a day with the team. You will join them for the "morning meeting", which is actually in the afternoon. Before you join the actual meeting, they will assign a consultant to you, which will be your guardian for the day. In the morning meeting, there will be a lot of cheering and pep talk, ringing bells, running around, etc.
    After the meeting your guardian will take you out in the field, and will show you how to sell stuff.

Interview Questions

• Have you encountered difficulties as a leader and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

The motiviational talk will be every day and will go on for an hour without delivering any information. I consider that a waste of my time.

Mar 17, 2015President

We appreciate your review and spending the day with us. Thanks for commenting.

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Team TAG.

Interview

The interview process was awesome. Everyone was super welcoming and very down to earth. The second round interview was a really cool experience. I got to shadow someone for the day and get a feel of what the business entails. Their strong suits are definitely the work environment and growth opportunity.

Interview Questions

Team TAG Response

Mar 10, 2015HR Manager

We're glad that you enjoyed the 2nd round interview. We hope that you've seen even more about growth opportunities as we are expanding!

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Team TAG.

Interview

Everyone was super nice and friendly! However it didn't take much digging to realize that this company will hire just about anyone and there is no base salary. I just felt that I could do better than that with my engineering degree. But again everyone was super nice so it might be a fine place to work.

Interview Questions

• You are given interview questions on a paper before you even talk to anyone, and thats all they ask you. You have plenty of time to figure out what you want to say.   Answer Question

Feb 10, 2015President

Thank you for compliment about the team's friendliness. We do appreciate that. Of course, we don't agree with the comment that we'll hire just about anyone. We feel that we have the best and ... More

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Team TAG (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and quickly received an email to schedule an in-person interview. In-person interview consisted of a page of written questions and then a one on one interview. Whole process took about 30 minutes. After finishing the first interview they got back to me the same day to set up a follow up interview which would consist of shadowing a current rep for a day on the job. I declined my follow up interview.

Interview Questions

Team TAG Response

Mar 10, 2015HR Manager

We're sorry to hear the you declined the follow up 2nd interview. Please call or email our HR team if you have any specific feedback to improve the interview process. We wish you the best of luck ... More

Energy Consultant (Management Trainee) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Team TAG (Culver City, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied for the solar campaign (they also sell office supplies) The process took three interviews in three days:

Day 1: Met with the office HR Administrator. A very polite woman, asked pretty basic questions about why I felt I'd be a good fit, and if I'm willing to start from the bottom in a sales position, in order to work towards management (they said within a year, although that was likely a best case scenario). They asked about sales and leadership experiences, etc. It was pretty basic, they were seemed to be looking for friendly outgoing people who are willing to work long hours in outside sales type position. I let them know I was ready to work at a company in a long term position that I could grow with, and that the toughest part for me would not be sales, but the commute.

Day 2: Met with a "closer" on a day long "shadow" interview. He took me out to explain the details of the entry level position, which consisted of walking around predesignated territories in order to qualify suitable customers with suitable homes, to switch from their traditional electricity provider to the client solar company. You're not actually selling solar panels per se - you're selling solar power. The difference is that the customer does not own or lease the panels, they instead permit the client company to use their roof and, in exchange, the customer locks in a much lower price per KwH for 20 years. This seemed pretty ingenious to me - each "sale" should theoretically save a customer with the right type of roof money every month for at least twenty years, yet the commissions are big because each customer still pays a ton for electricity in the long run. It was a long day but they sold me on the business model. The closer who interviewed me that afternoon with some personality type questions and we chatted in a Starbucks; he told me he would be recommending me and to come back the next day for a third interview with some proof of insurance and other documents.

Day 3: Was supposed to meet with the office manager Mr. Hepp, but there was some sort of retreat for the parent company Cydcor (seem like technically it's a licensor and each office is it's own independent company, can't be sure). Instead I met with a Team Leader/ Assistant manager who was also extremely cordial. He asked me what I liked and what I was hesitant about. I mentioned that I was really excited to start and the only real obstacle I faced was my commute, I asked more about the relationship between all the independent offices. They offered me the job at the end of this interview.

After accepting the job, I filled out some new hire paperwork, releases, got a new hire manual, etc. The closer walked me out to my car and asked me more about my commute. When I mentioned I may be moving closer in the next 6 months to a year, he mentioned in passing that that was great news, because the office owner Mr. Hepp would possibly move the office location in the next several months. The tentative location was an extra hour further from me than the current location. Needless to say I was shocked and confused as to why this was only being mentioned after I had filled out all the paperwork. I was extremely disappointed and let down that this wasn't mentioned in any of the interviews, especially since I emphasized my desire to grow with the company and my hesitation regarding my commute. The entire process boiled down to 200 miles in wasted gas which I'll never be compensated for.

Interview Questions

• You're in a darkened room where you cannot see; what other sense will you rely on to find your way out?   Answer Question

I technically accepted, but I learned afterwards that the office manage was considering moving the office an extra hour further outside my commute range. I was already commuting close to an hour. Even though I never got to the bottom of whether the office was moving, the fact that none of the three interviewers were upfront about this during the interviews themselves left a bad taste in my mouth; I went in early on Monday choosing to rescind my acceptance of the position (despite wholeheartedly wanting to do the job), because I got an impression that they were trying to sell me on the job without full disclosure. I was not enthused about this (regardless of whether it was an intentional tactic, or mere innocent miscommunication) considering the job itself was an outside sales position, and I've had bad experiences before in sales when the office integrity was below par.

Dec 16, 2014President

It's too bad about the misunderstanding. You seem like you would have been a good match with our business.
    Our Culver City office will remain. Most of our top talent will be moving to Irvine
    ... More

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Team TAG (Culver City, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

*Important Note!!! - This job is a 100% commission based position. There is *No Base Pay*. The company is not upfront about this. You do not discover this until the middle of your shadowing day. (This is a bit underhanded and deceitful)

** This is a pyramid-like scheme company. They sell you on the idea that after 6-18 months you will become a sales/office manager, but you are required to first do an entry-level sales position which is cold calling door to door in your region trying to sell either solar, office supplies, or another product of their client.

If These 2 Things Are Not For You - Do Not Waste Your Time

If you decide you can live with these 2 things, this is what the interview is like...

Step 1: Contacted by Team Tag
    Step 2: Screening Call
    Step 3: Interview At Office with HR
    Step 4: Receive a call about next interview, which is actually an all day shadowing, for which you will not be compensated. All day event from about 8:00am to 5:30pm.
    Step 4: Interview at Office with Office Manager at the end of the Shadowing Day
    Step 6: Reply with a confirmation whether or not to accept offer

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult questions. They mainly ask questions to discern whether or not you've "drank the kooliad" or bought into their pyramid business model.   Answer Question

Felt that it was an underhanded, deceitful, sleazy-like company that brainwashes people and works them to the bone without fair compensation until they finally reach the next step of the pyramid scheme, at which point they will then turn around and do the same thing to new hopefuls.

Nov 26, 2014President

A slanderous review from a bold, anonymous writer.
    I would be anonymous too if I wrote such an insulting review about a business that I knew so little about. I wouldn't want to embarrass myself
    ... More