Team TAG Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Team TAG (Irvine, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

First you are contacted by a recruiter to come in for an interview. I asked about the salary but they told me they will only let me know on the second interview which consists of a full shadowing of someone who is using his/her own car, paying for his/her gas, and receiving no base pay while peddling standard office supply product/ solar panels. It's an outside sales job that uses silly morning team exercises to ease the depressing fact that you have to hustle menial items in order to cover your cost of living. If you remain hungry and hard working you can make good money but you won't have much of a life outside of work and most likely will be making slightly above the base pay of a reputable sales job for the first year. Not to mention the fact that in the second interview had to shadow a rep from 8:45AM to 5:00PM even though I knew i wasn't interested by 10:00AM.Huge waste of time. It is a pyramid scheme you don't have to buy into. If you have no prospects for a job and are willing to work really hard you might be able to make some good money. But the growth and advancement aspect they peddle is extremely similar to a pyramid scheme.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rejection?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Team TAG (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It takes 2 days to tell you this is a commission job..how shady...it's more of an internship than a real job .. With such a selective process they can pay better than your avg retail store .. In 2 years you can make 10 pct of what owner makes now ,,,funny how they say care about community, but this job is for someone who can afford it .. And they don't tell you until the end of the shadow interview ,, literarily my guy kept delaying lunch so he didn't have to tell me..if u have money go for it , they will teach you how to be more of a fiend ..

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Team TAG (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who had seen my resume (she claimed I had sent it in, but I have no record of that...not that I minded as I was still looking for a job). I was impressed that she had read my resume and knew I would still be in school for an additional two months. I had spoken to other recruiters from other companies who claimed to have read my resume and obviously did not pay any attention to it. When I graduated college, I was contacted again by another recruiter to set up an interview. My initial interview lasted about 15-20 minutes. It was very pleasant and the woman interviewing me made me feel extremely comfortable. My only complaint was that they were running late so my interview didn't start until 45 minutes after my scheduled time. I was contacted a little over an hour after my initial interview and asked to come back the next morning to shadow an Account Representative. I accepted and showed up the next morning. During my shadow day, I was not impressed with the sales approach that the reps were taught. I was told that reps should assume customers know the company they represent, when that was obviously not always the case. Whenever a customer would ask what it was the rep was selling, the rep I was shadowing would give a drawn out and confusing answer when he could have just said "office supplies." Furthermore, he did not seem to know the products all that well, and he has been working there for well over a year. When we stopped for lunch and had our information session, you learn that they do offer full benefits after 30 days of employment. You can also work your way up to become a branch manager in 3-5 years and make six figures. This is a perfect opportunity for those who want to manage their own office in that short amount of time. I, however, did not wish to get into office management. I also found that I liked my past sales experience in retail, so if I would pursue a fast track to management, I would rather do it through retail. Of the two other potential employees that were shadowing with me, only one of them seemed to be considering accepting the job. It appeared to us that we would have been offered the job on the spot, since the reps we were assigned to all seemed to like us.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Team TAG (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy interview. The second interview you shadow the company. It's a door to door marketing job. They dont tell you that in the interview. The company wasnt what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my qualifications. If I ever had sales experience before. What type of environment would I like to work in. Does the LA area appeal to me. Why did I choose LA.   Answer Question

Wasnt for me. Door to door marketing and commission based job. They dont tell you that till the final day.

Account Representative Interview

Interview

Very simple, phone call then one on one interview with HR. Then if HR feels you're a good fit, then you'll shadow someone a full day, then 3rd round interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Team TAG (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by the team TAG HR and asked to come in for an interview. I arrived and had a very pleasant welcome and interview experience with the HR manager. At the end of the day, I was contacted and invited for a second interview the following week. This interview consisted of shadowing a current team TAG employee on her day, and seeing what a regular day at the firm looks like. This interview went, well and I was invited in for the final interview with the CEO Jamie Hepp. We discussed the possibilities of working at the firm, as well as the expectations required of account representatives. It was all very friendly, motivating and invigorating.

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Team TAG (Culver City, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The first interview after you submit your resume will be with the HR manager. This interview is extremely brief and you only have to touch the surface of who you are, they hardly fill you in on what the company does. The second interview is with a "leader" who has been working with the company for about six months. You will go on a ride-along/ field day from 8:45am to 6:00pm to see if it is the right fit for both parties. At the end of the day, you interview with manager of the office and explain how your day went and why you feel that Team TAG is the right place for you.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Team TAG.

Interview

When I arrived at the office, the secretary handed me to forms to fill out. One was a standard contact form, the other was a pre-screener for the job. It asked a number of questions, like "With excellent training, how comfortable would you be with selling products door-to-door?" or "What two qualities that you have would benefit the company?" I marked that I wasn't comfortable selling items door-to-door on the form, and turned the form in. It seemed like the were reviewing a lot of applicants very quickly. When I arrived there were two people waiting to see the interviewer ahead of me. When I went in, there were two people who arrived after me for the same interview. I waited about 20 minutes before I went in to see the interviewer. The interview was very short, only lasting about 5 minutes. I introduced myself and the interviewer asked a little about where I lived - just general small talk. He asked a little about my previous work experience for about 2 minutes. The he asked if I was interested in administrative work or sales, and I stated administrative work. He told me a little about what the administrative assistants there do and then ended the interview after I had no more questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in in administrative work or sales?   Answer Question

Team TAG Response

Mar 24, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Our preliminary interviews are quite short as it's more of a get to know you before we get into the more in depth 2nd and 3rd interview. If you have any suggestions on ... More

Solar Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Team TAG.

Interview

First, you are going to be invited to a pre interview. They will give you a questionaire with a few questions like, what are your goals short and midterm, who is a great leader and why. Then there will be a 15 minute chat. Everything is professionally handled. If you make it through the first step, you will be invited for a day with the team. You will join them for the "morning meeting", which is actually in the afternoon. Before you join the actual meeting, they will assign a consultant to you, which will be your guardian for the day. In the morning meeting, there will be a lot of cheering and pep talk, ringing bells, running around, etc. After the meeting your guardian will take you out in the field, and will show you how to sell stuff.

Interview Questions

• Have you encountered difficulties as a leader and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

The motiviational talk will be every day and will go on for an hour without delivering any information. I consider that a waste of my time.

Team TAG Response

Mar 17, 2015 – President

We appreciate your review and spending the day with us. Thanks for commenting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Team TAG (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

a very basic interview that did not take more that half an hour. just basically getting to know more about u and ur experience. described a little bit about the job but never mentioned in full detail that it is a pure door-to-door sales. I was asked if i wanted corporate sales or consumer/home sales and i said corporate and it turned out to be 100% door-to-door but to businesses like grocery stores, pharmacies..etc

Interview Questions

• Are you a leader? and give an example of being a leader   Answer Question