Teavana

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Teavana in November 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was laid back and casual. Fairly easy. Dress is business casual and I interviewed with one manager and another candidate. I followed up with that manager in person, which could have been helpful. Not sure, but maybe. During the interview, I believe that we had a cup of tea. So in case you get that opportunity, be prepared to know what type of tea you would like, how you want it prepared and even have a knowledge of the latest teas and marketing content. I suggest being in tune with the email marketing. .Teavana sends out emails pretty often. That would impress your interviewer.

Interview Question – Pretty typical questions. I would advise having a basic knowledge of Teavana. I'm a long time fan and that helped. In terms of appearance, the company is pretty laid back. I noticed lots of employees have tattoos and visible piercings.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't attempt to negotiate because it was meant to be seasonal and I honestly selected the company to learn more about the sales tactics, the art of tea and utilize the discount.

Barista Interview Interview

Barista Interview
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Teavana in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on October 11th. I received an interview on October 19. I was about 5 minutes early. The sales associate asked for me to stand outside of the story with about six other people who were waiting. It took them a good 20 minutes to get to us. They separated us by twos and had us sit down with the assistant manager. The process was very unprofessional and unorganized since it took them too long to figure out who was going to interview who. The woman asked simple questions such as do you have any selling experience. I remember I chose to be a barista since I didn't have much sales experience. Obviously, that didn't matter in the interview. The woman said she would call at the end of the day to tell you whether or not if you got the job or not. The woman did not call. I called the following day, was told that it was too busy to talk and I would be called later. I didn't receive a call back. I called again and was told that they had moved on to better candidates and that they were glad I gave them a call. I would not recommend anyone to apply to them. I found the whole interview process unprofessional and quite rude.

Interview Question – There wasn't a difficult question.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Teavana in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was mad e to feel extremely comfortable in the interview process. Everyone was very personable. I was given a short tour of the offices and introduced to people I would be potentially be working closely with. I had tons of questions and they were happy to take the time to answer every question I asked. They were very genuine and honest in their answers. The recruiter I was working with kept in close touch and always let me know what the next step was going to be. While I was not made an offer, they were prompt in notifying me in their decision as well. I would be happy to interview with this company again in the future.

Interview Question – I don't think there were any unexpected questions, although I would have to say the most unique thing about the interview process was, upon my arrival to the interview in the high-rise where the offices are found, there is no "front desk" or receptionist. You enter their space, go into a very small room and dial an extension to let the interviewer know you have arrived.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Teavana? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teavana interview questions and advice in Atlanta, GA. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Teavana employees and interview candidates.