Teavana Barista Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Christiana, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Teavana (Christiana, DE) in May 2015.

Interview

really simple. they called me back after about a week. It was a group interview in the food court. The manager was really nice and asked us interesting questions. It wasn't that hard, and lasted about 15 minutes. You get a free drink when you wait!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Teavana

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Teavana in April 2015.

Interview

Got a call to come in for an interview a few days after applying online. It was a group interview with the store manager where we all went around answering questions about our experience and interest in the company. It was professional, but piercings and tattoos do not need to be taken our or covered considering they fit the company's image.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frontenac, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Teavana (Frontenac, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

The process was very casual. We sat in a lounge area outside the store, and I was asked typical interview questions- what would I do in a certain situation, what are my weaknesses, etc. She also asked about me personally to get to know me a bit. It lasted about 45 minutes.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Teavana in October 2014.

Interview

I applied and a few days later I got a call to come in. The day after she called about my application I went in for a interview. Ended up waiting a half an hour because it ended up getting busy. Only the manager and one other were working. We went to a bench in the mall and she asked me about my past jobs, education etc because she failed to print out my application. The printer ended up not working. She asked me common sense questions and what I would do in certain situations. I was told I would be making $8.55 an hour if I got the job and the position Id be applying for was for nights and weekends.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me your cup of tea?   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Teavana in August 2014.

Interview

i applied online, got a call 2 days later. we went to the food court and talked there. The manager asked me basic questions like where did you work before, what were your duties etc

Interview Questions

• why teavana? what do you know about teavana?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Teavana (Nashville, TN) in March 2014.

Interview

Went in for interview. Questions were surprisingly challenging, something you wouldn't expect for retail.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Teavana (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online when I saw the now hiring on snagajob (i looove tea and Teavana, so I jumped at the chance), got a response asking to make an appt the next day, so I did. Came in for interview 10 min early, but interviewer was running late with a previous applicant. The barista working made me a tea that I knew I would later have to try and sell.. so I picked one of my favourite teas so as to be as knowledgeable about it as possible. Interview was rather casual, we sat in one of the courtyards at a table next to screaming children. so that was a bit distracting. Interviewer emphasized how Teavana is high-end goods, and not "look all the other little stores around here". She told me a lot about their sales tactics. I am very familiar with inventory and the first in first out rule so that was seen as a plus by her supposedly. All in all i felt very confident during the interview, however I was called about 4 days later and told that they were only hiring 2 out of the 5 they were looking for and asked to put my app on file and that she would call me in about a week-- which we all know what that means, "no".

Interview Questions

• Was asked to try and sell the tea they offered me. Interview playing the customer asked for something nice and light for summer, pref an iced tea.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Teavana.

Interview

I initially applied online after seeing openings online. I frequent the Teavana store in my area, so on one of my trips there I asked again if they were hiring. The associate told me to fill out a "mini application" that they keep in store near the entrance, and to attach my resume and bring it in. I brought the mini application and my resume in a few days later. I called about three days later, and the manager said that they were impressed by my resume and weren't specifically looking for help, but he was interested and wanted to find something for me. He said that I could expect a call when another manager came back from vacation in a few days. After not hearing anything for a week, I called again and was told that they had been meaning to call me to set an interview up and that I would hear by the next day. I received a phone call a few hours later and had an interview set up for the next day. During the first interview, I met with the assistant manager. It was a pretty basic interview, nothing too out of the ordinary. She told me she wanted to set up a second interview, which would be a week later. I then met with the manager who I had originally given my application and resume to, and after a short interview I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• There was really nothing too out of the ordinary for an interview... "What was a time where you felt that you went above and beyond at work?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Teavana (Bridgewater, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

I was asked the "normal" interview questions--describe myself, what are some of my hobbies, what are my strong/weak points, talk about a difficult situation I had to deal with, etc. I was also asked to pretend I was selling the interviewer something--she pulled a pen out of her pocket and asked me to sell it to her. It is a test to see how creatively you can sell it and be cheerful with the 'customer' etc.

Interview Questions

• "You're a sales person, I'm a customer. Sell me this pen."   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Teavana (Wellington, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Begin by submitting your application online, but also bring in your resume to meet the general manager. There is a two step interview process. First, you go in to a group interview with either the General Manager or Assistant General Manager and two other people. This is more of a table top discussion interview where the interviewer will ask more basic questions about your background. The next interview is where you'll get asked more in depth questions about how you would respond in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was when my interviewer asked me what my favorite color was and why. She wanted to know what type of personality I had and how well that would fit with the rest of my co-workers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation. Everyone starts at the same base pay, however there are frequent opportunities for moving up in the company.