Teavana General Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2014
Updated Nov 29, 2014

2.0

General Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Teavana in July 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter. Then Area Manager and lastly the Regional Manager. I have multiple years of experience, and asked more questions than they did. They had all of the right answers of my questions about the job, training, what would be expected of me and even the expectations on scheduling. I was quickly hired. (About a week from start to finish.)

Interview Questions
  • Unexpected... I asked more questions than all of my interviewers. They all were very interested in telling me their background, none of which were relevent to the job. Every person from this company will ask the same questions, in the same order.   View Answer
No negotiating, they will make 1 offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Teavana

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Teavana in December 2013.

Interview with area manager, phone and in person. Phone interview with regional manager. Area manager was late for the interview by hours, and late by one day for the follow up phone interview. Regional manager was on time for interview. Stressful as I had to follow up weekly. Phone calls were not answered or returned till the end of the process.

Interview Questions
    I held out for 30% more money and I got it.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Teavana in January 2012.

One (very long) interview, hired two days later

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Teavana in August 2010.

As I conduct all of the interviews at my store, I can say that Teavana teaches us to use behavioral based interview questions. For example, I will ask you a time when you set a goal and achieved it (to determine your drive.) Conversely, I will ask you to tell me about a time when you set a goal and did not meet it. I am looking for contrary evidence during this part of the interview. Expect to be interviewed looking for your ability to be a salesperson - how competitive, outgoing, aggressive and driven you are as a candidate. Expect to be tested during the interview - sell me this cup of tea or tell me about that sample you tried. Some general managers will even send you to the sample cart during the interview to see how comfortable you are getting in front of a group of people.

Interview Questions
    • Any of the converse questions. As you prepare for jobs, always be prepared with a go-to list of things you've done really well in your prior work, academic or athletic experience. Know your passions and be prepared to offer the interviewer a glimpse into your personal life, without being detailed. Have an idea of some things in your past work that you could have done better and have learned from.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Teavana in September 2008.

Interviews are usually conducted in a two-stage process. The first interview is conducted by the assistant general manager. If they like you, you'll be scheduled with the general manager. Typically twenty to thirty minutes for team members, thirty minutes to an hour for keyholders. Expect to be asked to 'sell' something of yours to the interviewer, and to spend five to ten minutes working their sample cart.

Higher ranking managers are typically hired from within. If you applied, sit and wait. It's pretty arbitrary which candidates receive interviews and which don't, resumes and experience are rarely taken into account. Expect to be told you'll hear by a certain date and to have that date be pushed back as it comes closer, most likely this will happen several times.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you broke the rules to achieve results."   View Answer