Teavana Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.3

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Teavana.

Interview

The interview was sooooo serious for a phone interview. All they wanted to ask about was sales, sales, sales. I could tell it was a very sales driven job which is not for me.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out more than the other candidates?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Teavana (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty seamless. The manager was very friendly and seemed like he wanted driven people on his team. The questions were relatively easy to someone who has experience in sales.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in a sales position?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Teavana.

Interview

It was very creepy. I was interviewed by a manager from another store who told me that they keep their healthcare costs down by never hiring anyone over forty. Reading the reviews here on the company puts forth their problem with hiring inexperienced people in that they have no people skills and say things they shouldn't. I'm surprised they haven't been sued for discrimination!

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Teavana.

Interview

Got a call after about 2 weeks from my online application. Asked me to come in for an interview. Very casual interview, very conversational. They wanted to know a lot about me rather than just my experience. Maybe 25 minutes in total.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Teavana (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Took about a week or two to get an interview. Interview was smooth, but after saying they would call back I never got a call. I thought a did well anyways, but whatever to them!

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you had to change your beliefs in order to help others?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Teavana.

Interview

Applied online a few months ago, and was called in for an interview once I returned to the city. The interview was relaxed, and I left feeling hopeful for the job. I wasn't chosen for the job, but it was still a good experience for the future.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were out of the ordinary. I almost expected the "sell me your cup of tea" question, but I didn't get it, which threw me off a bit.   Answer Question

Teavana - Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Teavana.

Interview

Asking questions about your motives in working there, why you chose to work there, how much do you know about the different types of tea, do you personally like to drink tea as you are encouraged to try every flavor.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Are you comfortable with face to face selling?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Teaologist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Teavana.

Interview

After submitting a resume online, the manager called me, and we set up a time for an interview. The interview was chill -- asked me about my experience. And I had to "sell" something to the manager.

Interview Questions

• I guess the most difficult would be the whole selling thing, but it's what they liked the most for me.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Teavana in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online then handed a hard copy of my cover letter and resume in to the store. It took so long for them to contact me that I was surprised by the call. The manager said they'd pulled my information off of the database and would like an interview.

I showed up ten minutes early and got to talking to the employees while I waited for the manager. I asked them about products and promotions and had them show me different teas. They offered me a cup and I declined. I later found out that they usually use what tea you choose as an ice breaker for the interview.

During my interview, the manager and I talked about sales tactics and how many sales per hour would be expected. She explained that it was a competitive environment. She also mentioned that there was a management position open and that they only promote from within, so I would have a chance to work towards it. The Starbucks partnership was also reviewed.

At the end of my interview, I asked about what seasonal promotions and teas were coming out. I had done my research before hand and asked about the smores tea that had just been released. She took me back to the store and had me try it and we had easy conversation while she brewed my tea.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your previous company   1 Answer

Negotiation

Opportunity to move up in the company very soon

Barista Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Teavana in October 2014.

Interview

I applied and a few days later I got a call to come in. The day after she called about my application I went in for a interview. Ended up waiting a half an hour because it ended up getting busy. Only the manager and one other were working.

We went to a bench in the mall and she asked me about my past jobs, education etc because she failed to print out my application. The printer ended up not working. She asked me common sense questions and what I would do in certain situations.

I was told I would be making $8.55 an hour if I got the job and the position Id be applying for was for nights and weekends.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me your cup of tea?   1 Answer