Teavana

Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Detroit, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Teavana in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a manager from another store who told me that the way they keep their insurance costs down was to never hire anyone over forty. I was so appalled by that response that I never followed up with the second interview.

Interview Question – How do you handle a difficult customer?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I feel that the company has too many problems( over-priced tea) and the staff is too inexperienced to know better.

Sales Associate/Teaologist Interview

Sales Associate/Teaologist

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Teavana in October 2013.

Interview Details – You go to the store and usually they will think you are person selling tea and try to sell to you After you inform them you are there for the interview they will take you outside, in my case , and sit down with you. They will have your application and begin asking you questions of sale goals, what you do in your days, etc. Just be yourself.

Interview Question – They will let you have a tea to go with your interview. You will have to try and sell this tea to the person. Do you tea research and learn the flavors and so forth to sell the tea to your interviewer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Teavana in November 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was laid back and casual. Fairly easy. Dress is business casual and I interviewed with one manager and another candidate. I followed up with that manager in person, which could have been helpful. Not sure, but maybe. During the interview, I believe that we had a cup of tea. So in case you get that opportunity, be prepared to know what type of tea you would like, how you want it prepared and even have a knowledge of the latest teas and marketing content. I suggest being in tune with the email marketing. .Teavana sends out emails pretty often. That would impress your interviewer.

Interview Question – Pretty typical questions. I would advise having a basic knowledge of Teavana. I'm a long time fan and that helped. In terms of appearance, the company is pretty laid back. I noticed lots of employees have tattoos and visible piercings.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't attempt to negotiate because it was meant to be seasonal and I honestly selected the company to learn more about the sales tactics, the art of tea and utilize the discount.

General Manager Interview

General Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Teavana in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interview with area manager, phone and in person. Phone interview with regional manager. Area manager was late for the interview by hours, and late by one day for the follow up phone interview. Regional manager was on time for interview. Stressful as I had to follow up weekly. Phone calls were not answered or returned till the end of the process.

Interview Question – Have you fired someone?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I held out for 30% more money and I got it.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Teavana in August 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted a resume including key words related to my past sales, retail, and customer service experience, as well as a cover letter mentioning my passion for tea, which definitely positioned me as a good candidate. I received a phone call from the manager several days later to set up an interview. I arrived probably about 5-10 minutes before, and was offered a cup of tea, which I accepted. The manager and I then sat in the food court to being my interview.

Prior to the interview I did a lot of research about the products they sold, Yelp reviews for the particular store I was applying to, and also past interviewee/employee review here on glassdoor.

I was asked general interview questions and answered them well. I think what made me an attractive candidate was the fact that I asked A LOT of questions. About the manager's own experiences, about the concerns I had for a quota-based sales position, etc.

Overall I could tell that she was a passionate sales person and loved her job. She seemed like a really awesome professional to work for, but in the end I did not want to be in a sales/retail position, especially one that was quota-based, so I declined their offer for a position.

Interview Question – They asked for specific sales figures of a department I oversaw at a previous retail position, as well as daily revenues of the store.   View Answer

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and interviewed at Teavana.

Interview Details – I didn't get a call from them for about a month after I applied online. They called me asking if I was still interested on the job and when I was available for an interview. My interview was at a Teavana store that was 20 minutes away from the store I applied to. The interview was held outside outside since there are not any seats in the store. I was interviewed with another person and the store manager interviewed us.

Interview Question – The questions were mostly Tell me about a time...   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Teavana in October 2012.

Interview Details – It was great. Group interview. then they call back for a one on one

Barista Interview

Barista
Nashville, TN

I applied online - interviewed at Teavana in March 2014.

Interview Details – Went in for interview. Questions were surprisingly challenging, something you wouldn't expect for retail.

Interview Question – Biggest weakness   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Team Member

I applied online and interviewed at Teavana.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty simple. They asked me a bunch of questions about myself & why did I want to work there. They also made me a drink and told me to describe it in the best way possible.

Interview Question – Describe the tea I am currently drinking in the best way possible.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Team Interview

Sales Team
San Mateo, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Teavana in October 2010.

Interview Details – Handed in my written application that I got from Teavana. Two days later I received a call to set up an interview. The area manager was the one who conducted the interview. He was polite. Interviewed on a Friday he called on Monday and offered me the job.

Interview Question – This was my first job. I don't think any question they ask you is out of the norm. Just be polite and upbeat. I started this job as just a regular employee and by the time I decided to move onto another job I was General Manager!   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Teavana

Worked for Teavana? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teavana interview questions and advice. All 98 interview reviews posted anonymously by Teavana employees and interview candidates.