Teavana Interview Questions

2.3

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Teavana in December 2013.

Interview with area manager, phone and in person. Phone interview with regional manager. Area manager was late for the interview by hours, and late by one day for the follow up phone interview. Regional manager was on time for interview. Stressful as I had to follow up weekly. Phone calls were not answered or returned till the end of the process.

Interview Questions
    I held out for 30% more money and I got it.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Teavana in August 2013.

I submitted a resume including key words related to my past sales, retail, and customer service experience, as well as a cover letter mentioning my passion for tea, which definitely positioned me as a good candidate. I received a phone call from the manager several days later to set up an interview. I arrived probably about 5-10 minutes before, and was offered a cup of tea, which I accepted. The manager and I then sat in the food court to being my interview.

Prior to the interview I did a lot of research about the products they sold, Yelp reviews for the particular store I was applying to, and also past interviewee/employee review here on glassdoor.

I was asked general interview questions and answered them well. I think what made me an attractive candidate was the fact that I asked A LOT of questions. About the manager's own experiences, about the concerns I had for a quota-based sales position, etc.

Overall I could tell that she was a passionate sales person and loved her job. She seemed like a really awesome professional to work for, but in the end I did not want to be in a sales/retail position, especially one that was quota-based, so I declined their offer for a position.

Interview Questions
    • They asked for specific sales figures of a department I oversaw at a previous retail position, as well as daily revenues of the store.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Teavana.

I didn't get a call from them for about a month after I applied online. They called me asking if I was still interested on the job and when I was available for an interview. My interview was at a Teavana store that was 20 minutes away from the store I applied to. The interview was held outside outside since there are not any seats in the store. I was interviewed with another person and the store manager interviewed us.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Teavana in October 2012.

It was great. Group interview. then they call back for a one on one

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online - interviewed at Teavana in March 2014.

Went in for interview. Questions were surprisingly challenging, something you wouldn't expect for retail.

Team Member Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Teavana.

The interview process was pretty simple. They asked me a bunch of questions about myself & why did I want to work there. They also made me a drink and told me to describe it in the best way possible.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the tea I am currently drinking in the best way possible.   Answer Question

Sales Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Teavana in October 2010.

Handed in my written application that I got from Teavana. Two days later I received a call to set up an interview. The area manager was the one who conducted the interview. He was polite. Interviewed on a Friday he called on Monday and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • This was my first job. I don't think any question they ask you is out of the norm. Just be polite and upbeat. I started this job as just a regular employee and by the time I decided to move onto another job I was General Manager!   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Teavana in February 2012.

When I first interviewed for Assistant General Manager, I had my AM and RM their. My AM did all the interviewing while the RM was on her phone or yawning the whole time. When I tried to tell my story, the RM would say I know I saw your resume. She was very cold and not willing to let me talk. The second time I did the interview it was just like the first time. I got the job with the promise of getting to General Manager after the first of the year. I didn't get it so I left.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your worse Manager that you worked for.   View Answer

Team Member Interview

Area Manager whom I interviewed with was, and still is quite a wonderful person. Interview and hiring process went very smoothly.

Team Member (Sales) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Teavana in February 2014.

I put in an application online after speaking briefly with the manager and received a call for an interview about 3 days later. When I arrived they let me pick a tea and made me a cup of tea. Pay attention to the description of the tea because you will be asked to sell the cup of tea during the interview. The interview itself was quite relaxed. We left the store and sat together outside. He started with a pitch about Teavana (benefits, opportunities for advancements, etc) and explained that they are unabashedly sales oriented. I stated that I was a little intimidated by that since I have no sales experience and he said that the training is very good and didn't seem like it was a deal breaker that I didn't have experience.

The questions were fairly straight forward. Mostly they want to know about your motivation and reliability. It defiantly helped that I drink tea and am enthusiastic about good tea. I put my 'sell this tea' answer below since he said it was a really good one.