Teavana

2.3

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Teavana in December 2013.

Interview with area manager, phone and in person. Phone interview with regional manager. Area manager was late for the interview by hours, and late by one day for the follow up phone interview. Regional manager was on time for interview. Stressful as I had to follow up weekly. Phone calls were not answered or returned till the end of the process.

Interview Questions
    I held out for 30% more money and I got it.

Sales Associate/Teaologist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Teavana in December 2013.

Being a team member is super important part of the interview. If you want to impress the manager you need to express how you are willing to learn. Even though I knew nothing about tea, I let the manager know that I am a team player and willing to learn more.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in a situation when there is shattered glass on the floor and you are with a customer?   View Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Teavana.

I applied online and got a phone call to interview about 3 days later. My interview was for the following morning after the call. I walked in and was greeted by another interviewee, an employee, and the general manager who would be interviewing. They were all very pleasant, and I was asked if I wanted a cup of tea which was made before the interview. The interview itself wasn't difficult at all, and I wouldn't really consider just one a other person a "group". It lasted about 30 minutes because we were all very talkative. She asked a bunch of "describe a time" questions...just be honest and clear. Smile a lot, they don't want cranky sales people. The last portion of our interview was role play, where I was asked to sell the other interviewee my cup of tea, which actually wasn't as bad or nerve wrecking as I thought it would be. This is without a doubt just about the most fun interview I've ever been on. We were told that we would be contacted in the next to days with the news of whether we had gotten the job or not. I received a call that night and was told that I got the job as not a seasonal employee (which is what I applied for) but that she wanted to have me as a core team member. So just go in with a positive attitude, be honest, have fun & you should do fine!

Teaologist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Teavana in November 2013.

fill out app, take it in to store, talk to manager directly and bring resume. interview questions based on customer service

Teaologist Interview

Went in my mith my resume and a letter of Rec. Was offered an iterview on the spot and started work 3 days later.

Cake Walk.

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Teavana.

You come in, they offer you a cup of tea. Your tea decision is a first impression. They take you to a bench or a table at the mall. They'll ask you to tell them about yourself, how competitive you are on a scale of 1-10, how motivated you are, what you know about tea, sales experience, etc. They tend to go quickly. Dress casually but in a nice way. It's a big "hipster" company.

Interview Questions
    • Most important question: tell me a time when you had to overcome an objection.   View Answer

Teavana Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Teavana in October 2013.

They ask how you would sell something...like a shirt you're wearing. Then they look at your experience and your energy. And they hire by looks. If you're pretty or good looking you will more than likely be hired.

Interview Questions
    • how you would deal in certain situations.... like dealing with a busy store during holidays.   View Answer

Barista Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Teavana in October 2013.

I applied on October 11th. I received an interview on October 19. I was about 5 minutes early. The sales associate asked for me to stand outside of the story with about six other people who were waiting. It took them a good 20 minutes to get to us. They separated us by twos and had us sit down with the assistant manager. The process was very unprofessional and unorganized since it took them too long to figure out who was going to interview who. The woman asked simple questions such as do you have any selling experience. I remember I chose to be a barista since I didn't have much sales experience. Obviously, that didn't matter in the interview. The woman said she would call at the end of the day to tell you whether or not if you got the job or not. The woman did not call. I called the following day, was told that it was too busy to talk and I would be called later. I didn't receive a call back. I called again and was told that they had moved on to better candidates and that they were glad I gave them a call. I would not recommend anyone to apply to them. I found the whole interview process unprofessional and quite rude.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

I applied in-person – interviewed at Teavana in October 2013.

I stopped in the store to buy myself some tea, and I had gotten a job offer by an employee who I had found out later was someone higher up than the GM. I filled out a paper application, and the online application. A week and a half later they called me to schedule an interview. I didnt know it was going to be a group interview until I showed up. It was only one other person so I didnt mind as much. The interview had basic questions that you would hear from any other retail store. Just be yourself and answer the questions truthfully.

The GM who interviewed us made us both a cup of tea, but did not ask us to try to sell it to her during the interview. If offered a cup of tea before the interview, it looks more impressive to order a pure tea or a higher quality tea as opposed to getting one that was in the samples. This shows that you have some knowledge of tea already.

After the interview (scheduled earlier in the week) she told us if we did not hear anything back from her during that week then they have decided to choose someone else. I got a call Friday evening, and started training a week after that.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you have dealt with a time someone has questioned your integrity, and how did you change their mind.   Answer Question

Teavana - Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Teavana in October 2013.

Everybody was interviewed differently. For me I was lucky and got my interview with the late manager and the current district manager. They are both very interesting people. I got asked the normal questions. Why did you choice Teavana? Why should we hire you?. All the normal questions. Before I left the late manager offered me the job on the spot and I took it. I was very pleased with myself.

Interview Questions
    • I had a unexpected question. I can't say the question because then my anonymity would be busted.   Answer Question