Teavana Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Teavana (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Took about a week or two to get an interview. Interview was smooth, but after saying they would call back I never got a call. I thought a did well anyways, but whatever to them!

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you had to change your beliefs in order to help others?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Teavana

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Teavana in January 2015.

Interview

Interview was not too challenging for the most part. Many expected, from-the book interview questions. They do ask why you want to work at Teavana and test your knowledge about the company, so read up. At the end of the interview, they may ask you to sell them a cup of tea. Be prepared! I was called back on the day of my interview and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience in which you had to take the lead. How did you accomplish your goal?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Teavana in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online then handed a hard copy of my cover letter and resume in to the store. It took so long for them to contact me that I was surprised by the call. The manager said they'd pulled my information off of the database and would like an interview.

I showed up ten minutes early and got to talking to the employees while I waited for the manager. I asked them about products and promotions and had them show me different teas. They offered me a cup and I declined. I later found out that they usually use what tea you choose as an ice breaker for the interview.

During my interview, the manager and I talked about sales tactics and how many sales per hour would be expected. She explained that it was a competitive environment. She also mentioned that there was a management position open and that they only promote from within, so I would have a chance to work towards it. The Starbucks partnership was also reviewed.

At the end of my interview, I asked about what seasonal promotions and teas were coming out. I had done my research before hand and asked about the smores tea that had just been released. She took me back to the store and had me try it and we had easy conversation while she brewed my tea.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your previous company   1 Answer

Negotiation

Opportunity to move up in the company very soon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Teavana (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I received an email to confirm a date to do an interview. They asked basic questions and went off of my resume. Since this was my first job, they asked more personal questions rather than work experience. They then called me the next day to offer me the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Teavana.

Interview

Very easy they hire anyone . The questions were simple and open ended , it was also a group interview just try to answer all the questions first as correctly as possible. They give a call back the next day if hired

Interview Questions

• What do you do when your in an argument with a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Teavana (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

It was easy, laid back. Definitely doable as someone's first job. They're understanding of the large learning curve associated with tea. They do realize most people don't know what it is or have ever experienced loose Lief so they want to make sure you're able to memorize a very large amount of information i so you can sound knowledgeable about it. Even the 3 hours they spend just teaching you to brew teas is a lot of learning. But its a fun job once you know the stuff. Way easier than Starbucks for the same benefits.

Interview Questions

• A lot of situational questions:/name a time when you were angry, name a time you were working with multiple people, if you had all of these different things going on which one would you do first. What do you do if the supervisor or a customer irritates you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It didn't take much cause they wanted me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Teavana (Anchorage, AK) in February 2014.

Interview

I received an initial phone call about three weeks after submitting my application. I received an interview with the General Manager and everything went smoothly. I did not spend a bunch of time dressing up formally and went in a business casual ensemble. I arrived at the interview a few minutes early and I was really nervous. She asked me what kind of tea I wanted and I ordered a cup of Golden Dragon hot and unsweetened before we headed out to sit at some tables. She started by introducing the comany and telling me about how teavana got started. After telling me about the company she asked me a few questions like why I want to work there, what I like most about the company, about a time that communication had succeeded in my life and the result, a time that communication had failed and the result, a time when I set a goal for myself, didn't meet it, and how that effected me, if I had to set a percentage for how much time I would allot to working sales/customer service and restocking/organizing, what would that be and why, and a time when I set a goal for myself, did meet it, and how that effected me. It was a bunch of straightforward questions. The interview stayed completely on track. After the initial questioning she asked about my availability and introduced the duties of being a sales associate. She explained that Teavana operates top down, showing the customer the most expensive item in the store first and then working their way down. Benefits sounded nice. Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), 30% off store merchandise at Teavana and Starbucks, and free drinks during your shift. The only downside seemed to be that they only hired part time. At the end of the interview, she asked me to sell her the cup of tea I was holding and I was at a loss for words. I did not know anything about selling anything to anyone, but I gave it my best shot and failed miserably. I had wished I knew more about Golden Dragon tea so that I could spout out a bunch of awesome facts.

After the interview I never received a phone call offering a job. I did, however, receive a phone call offering another interview. I took it and the following week attended another interview with Teavana. The second interview experience was a lot friendlier. I was introduced to everyone in the shop, offered a cup of tea (did some research this time and chose a variety with a rich background), and then we headed off for the interview. This interview wondered a bit and we ended up talking about World War II, oceanography, and school. I was not asked to sell a cup of tea this time around, but I was prepared either way. I received a phone call the following day offering me a job as a sales associate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was sent an email with the job offer and was given the option to accept or decline.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Teavana.

Interview

The whole interview process was a little lengthy because it was a few weeks before I got a call back after submitting my resume and job application online. There was a short phone interview and after that I was scheduled for an in person interview, which lasted about 35 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Teavana (Carmel, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

I stopped in the store to buy myself some tea, and I had gotten a job offer by an employee who I had found out later was someone higher up than the GM. I filled out a paper application, and the online application. A week and a half later they called me to schedule an interview. I didnt know it was going to be a group interview until I showed up. It was only one other person so I didnt mind as much. The interview had basic questions that you would hear from any other retail store. Just be yourself and answer the questions truthfully.

The GM who interviewed us made us both a cup of tea, but did not ask us to try to sell it to her during the interview. If offered a cup of tea before the interview, it looks more impressive to order a pure tea or a higher quality tea as opposed to getting one that was in the samples. This shows that you have some knowledge of tea already.

After the interview (scheduled earlier in the week) she told us if we did not hear anything back from her during that week then they have decided to choose someone else. I got a call Friday evening, and started training a week after that.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you have dealt with a time someone has questioned your integrity, and how did you change their mind.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Teavana.

Interview

Submitted an online application and got called in for my first interview about a month later. I was made a cup of tea and the other interviewee and I sat down with the manager and took turns answering questions about sales experience, sales philosophy, our personal goals, and tea. I got called in for another (solo) interview a week later, same procedure as before. I hadn't had much sales experience at that point and that was her main concern.

Interview Questions

• Basic, standard questions generally speaking. The sales questions tripped me up a little (I think in hindsight she was looking for an aggressive boutique salesperson not a friendly tea expert).   Answer Question