Teavana

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Sales Associate/Teaologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Teavana in August 2012.

Prior to my interview, I had submitted an application online, turned in a resume in person, and talked to the manager of the store I was applying for. Within a week, I had gotten and interview call and met with the assistant manager for a first interview.

We sat down at a coffee shop and she asked me the standard battery of questions, such as "why do you want to work here" or "what was your prior work experience and how do you think it will help you in this job." The interview was for a sales position, so I highlighted my people skills and customer service experience in my answers. I only had one interview and was offered the job the next day, although there are usually two interviews before they give you an offer.

As an employee, I know that a standard part of the interview process is where the interviewer makes applicants stand at the front of the store by the tea cart and has the applicant attempt to bring customers into the store to try the teas. This is to test your ability to approach strangers and demonstrate professional competence. Applicants are also made to sample the two teas at the front of the store and asked to describe the flavors. You are also required to remember the teas and some factoids about them. The more you remember the better.

Interview Questions
    • "What is your favorite candy, and how would you sell it to me?"   View Answer