Teavana Team Lead Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014

1.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Team Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Teavana in April 2013.

I had initially applied for the Manager-in-Training position, but the location for which I was applying needed a Team Lead and because I didn't have any experience in management, I needed to get it before pursuing anything higher up. I had some retail experience as a sales associate, so that helped. Throughout the interview, it was consistently emphasized that I was applying for the Team Lead role.

Interview Questions
There was little negotiation, but I was offered a noticeably higher hourly rate than the existing team leads.

Other Interview Reviews for Teavana

Team Lead Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Teavana in July 2014.

I walked in and asked if they were hiring, and was offered a Team Lead interview on the spot after discussing my experience (sales and customer service). I came back a few days later for a face to face interview, and later that week I was offered the position via phone call.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, just come prepared to discuss your relevant experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Teavana in October 2012.

It was great. Group interview. then they call back for a one on one

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Teavana in October 2012.

You first begin by filling out an application that you can get from the store. If qualified you will have a phone interview first then be called in for a 1:1 interview. If/when hired you will attend a PAID training period with other newly hired team members of about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. They want to hear about your job experiences and hobbies that you like. The one good thing about Teavana is that hire people of all backgrounds and aren't afraid to hire people that express themselves...so if you've got tattoos, piercings, or pink hair but can still look and act professional you'll most likely be hired. So don't be afraid to be yourself   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Teavana.

Applied online and was invited for an interview with the General and Assistant Managers

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview question with emphasis on reasoning and sales abilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Teavana in July 2011.

There was no communication with the store at first. It took over two weeks for the area manager to get back to me on my application. My original application was for Barista and was changed to Team Leader during the interview. They see skill sets and make quick decisions on positions during the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    • If a customer walked up to you and asked for a specific product, how would you handle that situation?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, they told you what they offered and you either accepted that or rejected it.

Team Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Teavana in July 2010.

It was fairly easy. A lot of customer service type questions. Have I worked in a cafe type environment? Have I ever had a sales job? I can't remember much because it was a few years ago.

Worked for Teavana? Contribute to the Community!