Teavana Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.5

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Teavana.

Interview

Before the interview begins the employer will make a cup of tea for you (and better yet, it's free!) The interview did not take place in the store due to customers and noise. The employer was personal which made it easier to talk to them. Questions consist of previous work experience and personal behavior if a situation, like a rude customer, were to happen. However, due to the fact that I'm under 18 I did not receive the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: What's an obstacle you had to overcome and how did it result?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Teavana

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Teavana.

Interview

There are no paper applications, so I applied for the location on the website. I was notified very quickly, only a few days later, for a phone interview with the area manager, who then after set up an in-person interview with the store manager a week later. I heard back from the store manager who offered me a position about two weeks after that. Both interviews felt very intimate, more like a conversation with friends than a question/answer feel.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you had a goal and what steps did you take to achieve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Teavana (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty seamless. The manager was very friendly and seemed like he wanted driven people on his team. The questions were relatively easy to someone who has experience in sales.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in a sales position?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Teavana.

Interview

Applied online a few months ago, and was called in for an interview once I returned to the city. The interview was relaxed, and I left feeling hopeful for the job. I wasn't chosen for the job, but it was still a good experience for the future.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were out of the ordinary. I almost expected the "sell me your cup of tea" question, but I didn't get it, which threw me off a bit.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Teavana (Chandler, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and waited about a week before I got a few call backs. They want you to have open availability most of the time. If they don't like what they hear they do not offer you an interview. Once you are offered one whoever is available to interview you will. If they like you then you got lucky, if they don't then too bad. After they might offer a second interview and finally after all the driving back an forth, they call you for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you have sales experience? How can you use that here at Teavana? Are you okay with part-time? Do you have open availability?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Teavana (Willow Grove, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

A walk through the store and some educating about the merchandise. Then the questions and a challenge to show your ability to sell something or engage someone in conversation about merchandise.

Interview Questions

• Can you sell this pen to me?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Teavana in June 2014.

Interview

I initially applied online in late May of 2014. I'd originally been kind of hesitant since I'd been told it was a commission based sales job (not necessarily true), but I'd been stuck on the job search so I figured why not? I was contacted within a few days by the assistant manager who invited me to a group interview a week from then. The group interview was with four other people (two other teenage girls and two older men). It went by very smoothly, it was more of an informational thing so the General Manager (who was very cool and laid back) just asked if we had questions after he gave a quick introduction of the company and his experience there. Come prepared with questions. After this interview I was very thrilled about the position (he was very good at selling the job). He told us we'd all likely be getting called in for second interviews. After a week of no contact, I called the store and the Assistant Manager picked up, then explained that they were still conducting large group interviews and weren't yet into the second stage. He said that they were looking to hire five people and took my name saying I'd be one of the first people they'd contact about a second interview. After another week and a half, the GM called and left a voicemail when I missed it. I made a mistake of not listening to it until much later. I called the store and the AM again answered saying they wanted to set up a second interview for the next morning. What the AM didn't mention, but the GM did was that it was a 'group' interview with a girl from the initial interview. This coupled with my excitement about the position made me really nervous during this interview with the AM. Ultimately, I knew the interview didn't go great. He asked us very simple questions like what's your favorite thing about tea, why do you want to work for Teavana, what do you think makes you good at talking to strangers (or something like that), etc. He also asked us to sell him a cup of tea immediately at the beginning which I wasn't expecting until the end. He told us they'd contact us by the end of the week. I happened to be at the mall on Saturday of that week and stopped in to buy a cup of tea. I talked to an associate for a bit before the GM noticed me and said that they'd call on Monday. By coincidence my sister forgot to return a pair of pants on Saturday so she made me go do it for her Monday morning. While I was walking by Teavana, the GM was on the sample cart and recognized me and invited me into the store to wait so he could ask the AM really quick what news they were going to give me. He told me to come in for a 'third interview'. He said it'd only be like fifteen minutes and we'd just go over what I told the AM in my second interview and what they had to offer. I was nervous, but somewhat confident that I'd gotten the job since he wanted to talk to me again. However, instead of an interview he sat me on a bench outside of the store and explained that he 'really wanted to hire me' but the AM was worried that I'd be 'scared of customers' since I was so nervous in the interview. He told me that they were going to hire three people right then instead of the original five. He told me that I was the 'fourth' and that he'd speak to his superior about hiring another person (me), but couldn't guarantee it. He said instead that he'd like to potentially call me in as a seasonal around mid-October, stating also that a lot of the people currently working for him were originally seasonal. He also insisted that if one of the three people backed out and decided they didn't want the job they'd call me. All in all it was a positive experience until the end.

Interview Questions

• What do you think makes you good at talking to strangers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Teavana (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I didn't get a call from them for about a month after I applied online. They called me asking if I was still interested on the job and when I was available for an interview. My interview was at a Teavana store that was 20 minutes away from the store I applied to. The interview was held outside outside since there are not any seats in the store. I was interviewed with another person and the store manager interviewed us.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Teavana.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. They asked me a bunch of questions about myself & why did I want to work there. They also made me a drink and told me to describe it in the best way possible.

Interview Questions

• Describe the tea I am currently drinking in the best way possible.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Teavana (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Assistant Manager for the Sales Team Member position. She started by telling me about myself. She asked me about my past experience, availability and told me a little about the job. As long as you show you have a great personality and that you're eager to work, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to overcome an experience at work that was difficult.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received an email with a salary offer from them.