Teavana Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Teavana.

The interview process was pretty seamless. The manager was very friendly and seemed like he wanted driven people on his team. The questions were relatively easy to someone who has experience in sales.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have any experience in a sales position?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Teavana

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Teavana.

Applied online a few months ago, and was called in for an interview once I returned to the city. The interview was relaxed, and I left feeling hopeful for the job. I wasn't chosen for the job, but it was still a good experience for the future.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were out of the ordinary. I almost expected the "sell me your cup of tea" question, but I didn't get it, which threw me off a bit.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Teavana in June 2014.

I initially applied online in late May of 2014. I'd originally been kind of hesitant since I'd been told it was a commission based sales job (not necessarily true), but I'd been stuck on the job search so I figured why not? I was contacted within a few days by the assistant manager who invited me to a group interview a week from then. The group interview was with four other people (two other teenage girls and two older men). It went by very smoothly, it was more of an informational thing so the General Manager (who was very cool and laid back) just asked if we had questions after he gave a quick introduction of the company and his experience there. Come prepared with questions. After this interview I was very thrilled about the position (he was very good at selling the job). He told us we'd all likely be getting called in for second interviews.

After a week of no contact, I called the store and the Assistant Manager picked up, then explained that they were still conducting large group interviews and weren't yet into the second stage. He said that they were looking to hire five people and took my name saying I'd be one of the first people they'd contact about a second interview. After another week and a half, the GM called and left a voicemail when I missed it. I made a mistake of not listening to it until much later. I called the store and the AM again answered saying they wanted to set up a second interview for the next morning. What the AM didn't mention, but the GM did was that it was a 'group' interview with a girl from the initial interview. This coupled with my excitement about the position made me really nervous during this interview with the AM. Ultimately, I knew the interview didn't go great. He asked us very simple questions like what's your favorite thing about tea, why do you want to work for Teavana, what do you think makes you good at talking to strangers (or something like that), etc. He also asked us to sell him a cup of tea immediately at the beginning which I wasn't expecting until the end. He told us they'd contact us by the end of the week.

I happened to be at the mall on Saturday of that week and stopped in to buy a cup of tea. I talked to an associate for a bit before the GM noticed me and said that they'd call on Monday. By coincidence my sister forgot to return a pair of pants on Saturday so she made me go do it for her Monday morning. While I was walking by Teavana, the GM was on the sample cart and recognized me and invited me into the store to wait so he could ask the AM really quick what news they were going to give me. He told me to come in for a 'third interview'. He said it'd only be like fifteen minutes and we'd just go over what I told the AM in my second interview and what they had to offer.

I was nervous, but somewhat confident that I'd gotten the job since he wanted to talk to me again. However, instead of an interview he sat me on a bench outside of the store and explained that he 'really wanted to hire me' but the AM was worried that I'd be 'scared of customers' since I was so nervous in the interview. He told me that they were going to hire three people right then instead of the original five. He told me that I was the 'fourth' and that he'd speak to his superior about hiring another person (me), but couldn't guarantee it. He said instead that he'd like to potentially call me in as a seasonal around mid-October, stating also that a lot of the people currently working for him were originally seasonal. He also insisted that if one of the three people backed out and decided they didn't want the job they'd call me.

All in all it was a positive experience until the end.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think makes you good at talking to strangers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Teavana.

I didn't get a call from them for about a month after I applied online. They called me asking if I was still interested on the job and when I was available for an interview. My interview was at a Teavana store that was 20 minutes away from the store I applied to. The interview was held outside outside since there are not any seats in the store. I was interviewed with another person and the store manager interviewed us.

Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Teavana.

The interview process was pretty simple. They asked me a bunch of questions about myself & why did I want to work there. They also made me a drink and told me to describe it in the best way possible.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the tea I am currently drinking in the best way possible.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Teavana in April 2014.

I was interviewed by the Assistant Manager for the Sales Team Member position. She started by telling me about myself. She asked me about my past experience, availability and told me a little about the job. As long as you show you have a great personality and that you're eager to work, you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to overcome an experience at work that was difficult.   View Answer
    I received an email with a salary offer from them.

Team Member Interview

Area Manager whom I interviewed with was, and still is quite a wonderful person. Interview and hiring process went very smoothly.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Teavana.

I applied online and was contacted in 1 week. I had a short phone interview and was asked for an in person interview. We met at Teavana but held the interview in the food court. I was given a cup of tea before we started. I wasn't asked anything difficult just things he pulled from my resume. After the interview he said he would be in contact within the week. I interviewed on a Tuesday and got a call back Sunday.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were hard. What I enjoy about tea and how I feel about sales sticks out though.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Teavana.

You come in, they offer you a cup of tea. Your tea decision is a first impression. They take you to a bench or a table at the mall. They'll ask you to tell them about yourself, how competitive you are on a scale of 1-10, how motivated you are, what you know about tea, sales experience, etc. They tend to go quickly. Dress casually but in a nice way. It's a big "hipster" company.

Interview Questions
    • Most important question: tell me a time when you had to overcome an objection.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Teavana in February 2013.

Very informal. The GM basically talked about herself and how she is a great seller. Just smile and agree.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. If you can string together a complete sentence, you will get the job.   Answer Question