Tech Data Interview Questions & Reviews in Clearwater, FL

2.8

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tech Data in May 2014.

Called me a few days after I applied online to set up a phone interview. Talked with HR about what the job entails. They asked about my background. Then they asked me to come in for an interview with the hiring manager. The focus of this job is telephone customer service. You will need at least a couple of years recent experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual, strengths/weaknesses, background information on my previous jobs.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tech Data in April 2014.

Hiring and Interview process is simple. Phone screening was done prior to face to face interview. HR process in arranging face to face interviews is pathetic. Arranged an interview with Marketing manager but position was for IT Intern. They did it correct the 2nd time. Interview was simple. Questions were related to the past experience and experience with the technology they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Not very unexpected. Make sure you know your resume well.   Answer Question

Business Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tech Data in November 2010.

The hiring process can be a little clugy sometimes. There's a lot of red tape to get through from what I understand. I personally had to wait for over two months for my Analyst II position to be approved, for example.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really have any 'out there' questions, or at least none that I didn't expect. The usual.   Answer Question

Administrator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Tech Data in November 2012.

Hiring is usually through staffing agency (currently Kelly, was Randstad, and before that Spherion). The staffing company has you go through various checks and competency tests. I did an initial interview with them in Tampa. After they gave their input to hiring manager at Tech Data, I had an interview at Tech Data's office. From here, the process varies tremendously by department and manager. My manager took me to the team with whom I would be working and essentially had them interview me. After she gauged the team's response, I was told that, barring any issues with my background check, I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tech Data has a lot of internal jargon and some of the team member's questions included a lot of their own acronyms, etc... which made it difficult to interpret every question.   Answer Question
    Not too much negotiating in the process, but not set in stone either.

Product Sales Champion Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Tech Data in July 2013.

Initial call from Recruiter. Asked behavioral questions. Forwarded on to hiring mgr for FTF interview. More behavioral questions. Told wanted to hire fast but process took 8+ weeks. Said was "unavoidable delay" but did not explain what it was. Then called back 2nd time for group interview. Group interview was relaxed, less formal. Basically picked resume apart. Drilled into job and trying to find out if any experiences for the job applied for. Hiring Mgr sat and observed how you interacted since this is team you will be working with. Wants to see how you fit group dynamics and if the group likes you.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult. Behavioral (tell me about a time). Read the job description and transfer your skills to their terminology/job you are applying for. Different from other interviews in that rather than go over resume to start, told me about the postion first and then asked to go over resume and talk only about experience that related to the details of the job.   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate higher. They had clarified from the 1st recruiter call what the range of pay was and would not move forward in the process if not told ok.

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Tech Data in July 2009.

First interview is over the phone. Ask cliche questions like, "Tell me a time when you faced a challenge and how did you over come it?", or the ever popular, "What would you consider your greatest weakness?"

Interview Questions
    • All pretty much standard cliche interview questions.   View Answer
    Welcome aboard

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Tech Data in August 2012.

Initial telephone pre-screen with internal recruiter for the position. Then met with HR leader responsible for supporting the business unit. This interview was experiential based.

Then met with hiring manager. His questions were all around experience as the related to the position.

I would have had a third round of interviews with peer group and the hiring managers boss. But was not selected.

Overall a very focused interview process to learn of your direct experiences that would be relevant to the job.

This is the type of company I would like to work for in the future. So Ill keep trying.

Interview Questions
    • Noting particularly difficult or unexpected. Just repetitive questions to understand your background, experiences and attitudes. They are looking for a good cultural fit as well as experience in the job.   View Answer

TeleSMART Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Tech Data in February 2008.

The initial interview consists of speaking with the hiring manager, followed by shadowing an employee while they make some calls. Don't let the shady characters detract you from the workplace; the odd people are only in the Telemarketing area. Generally, if you aren't a complete creep and have a moderate sense of intelligence, you will be hired.

No negotiation.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tech Data in March 2012.

The interview process was very good. It was not a very formal interview and the interviewers were great people.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation where you had to work with a team on improving a process. How did you go about working with the team and what was the result?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tech Data in October 2009.

Very professional. The interviewer was cordial and asked several good questions, both behavioral and technical questions. The inteview lasted about an hour and I received feedback two weeks later (as discussed during the interview) with the results.

Interview Questions

Worked for Tech Data? Contribute to the Community!