Tech Data Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2014
Updated Aug 19, 2014

2.7

National Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Tech Data in June 2010.

They make everyone go through 8-12 interviews. An incredibly long hiring process. You would think you had applied for the presidency. After a number of phone interviews they fly you into Florida where you spend an entire day in back to back interviews...

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions about content from their 10k...who memorized info from a potential employers 10k? Kind of full of themselves   Answer Question

Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tech Data in May 2014.

Called me a few days after I applied online to set up a phone interview. Talked with HR about what the job entails. They asked about my background. Then they asked me to come in for an interview with the hiring manager. The focus of this job is telephone customer service. You will need at least a couple of years recent experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual, strengths/weaknesses, background information on my previous jobs.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant - Internal Audit and Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tech Data in March 2014.

Phone interview first which is very akward since the HR recruiter is not a great communicater. In person interview which is much more relaxing but will go on for about an hour. Then they call you two weeks later to offer you the position, which i thought was a very long time to wait.

Interview Questions
    • What are the last three books you have read for fun? If you could choose any three people from any time zone to sit down and have dinner with who would they be?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Tech Data.

biggest weakness, give me an example of time you and a co worker didn't see eye to eye and what did you do to resolve the issue. whats your dream job.

there was none.

Inside Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tech Data in January 2010.

Went through hiring agency, interviewed by 2 sales managers, then director of sales. There's also a personality questionnaire. Didn't see the logic in that. Process took about 2 months. Most of the interview question were hypothetical situations. Best advice is to be honesty and express a willingness to work hard and learn.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tech Data in April 2014.

Hiring and Interview process is simple. Phone screening was done prior to face to face interview. HR process in arranging face to face interviews is pathetic. Arranged an interview with Marketing manager but position was for IT Intern. They did it correct the 2nd time. Interview was simple. Questions were related to the past experience and experience with the technology they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Not very unexpected. Make sure you know your resume well.   Answer Question

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Largo, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Tech Data.

Long, all depends on the interview and manager whom is doing it,

Interview Questions
    • Very straight forward, resume review, talk in a normal conversation.   Answer Question
    none

Sales Support Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Tech Data in February 2014.

USF Career Center told me about them and I applied for the job through their career site. I had many classmates in the MBA that worked for them and were swiftly promoted to more senior positions. Had to answer to behavioral and experience questions on an on-line form, then in a phone interview. Finally I had an on-site interview, where at first I shadowed an employee to see what the job was about, then interviewed by a senior and a junior recruiter. Lots of standard questions, straight from every manual about job interviews you've ever read.

Interview Questions
    • It was the most detailed interviewed I had had so far, and when they finally asked "do you have any questions for us?" I naively answered "no". I wasn't called back, not sure if because I did a bad impression, or because I was overqualified for the position.   Answer Question

Business Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tech Data in November 2010.

The hiring process can be a little clugy sometimes. There's a lot of red tape to get through from what I understand. I personally had to wait for over two months for my Analyst II position to be approved, for example.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really have any 'out there' questions, or at least none that I didn't expect. The usual.   Answer Question

Partner Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tech Data in January 2010.

Got recommended by a friend, got called the day after. The 1st interview took place with the hiring manager and the day after I was called by the HR to set my 1st day at work

Worked for Tech Data? Contribute to the Community!