Tech Data

Relevance Date Difficulty

Solutions Associate Interview

Solutions Associate
Clearwater, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tech Data in May 2014.

Interview Details – Called me a few days after I applied online to set up a phone interview. Talked with HR about what the job entails. They asked about my background. Then they asked me to come in for an interview with the hiring manager. The focus of this job is telephone customer service. You will need at least a couple of years recent experience.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual, strengths/weaknesses, background information on my previous jobs.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Tech Data.

Interview Details – biggest weakness, give me an example of time you and a co worker didn't see eye to eye and what did you do to resolve the issue. whats your dream job.

Interview Question – why should I pick you over the other candidates.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none.

Inside Account Representative Interview

Inside Account Representative
Tampa, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tech Data in January 2010.

Interview Details – Went through hiring agency, interviewed by 2 sales managers, then director of sales. There's also a personality questionnaire. Didn't see the logic in that. Process took about 2 months. Most of the interview question were hypothetical situations. Best advice is to be honesty and express a willingness to work hard and learn.

Interview Question – Tell us a situation when....   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Clearwater, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tech Data in April 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring and Interview process is simple. Phone screening was done prior to face to face interview. HR process in arranging face to face interviews is pathetic. Arranged an interview with Marketing manager but position was for IT Intern. They did it correct the 2nd time. Interview was simple. Questions were related to the past experience and experience with the technology they are looking for.

Interview Question – Not very unexpected. Make sure you know your resume well.   Answer Question

Sales Support Representative Interview

Sales Support Representative
Largo, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Tech Data.

Interview Details – Long, all depends on the interview and manager whom is doing it,

Interview Question – Very straight forward, resume review, talk in a normal conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Sales Support Representative Interview

Sales Support Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tech Data in February 2014.

Interview Details – USF Career Center told me about them and I applied for the job through their career site. I had many classmates in the MBA that worked for them and were swiftly promoted to more senior positions. Had to answer to behavioral and experience questions on an on-line form, then in a phone interview. Finally I had an on-site interview, where at first I shadowed an employee to see what the job was about, then interviewed by a senior and a junior recruiter. Lots of standard questions, straight from every manual about job interviews you've ever read.

Interview Question – It was the most detailed interviewed I had had so far, and when they finally asked "do you have any questions for us?" I naively answered "no". I wasn't called back, not sure if because I did a bad impression, or because I was overqualified for the position.   Answer Question

Business Analyst III Interview

Business Analyst III
Clearwater, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tech Data in November 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process can be a little clugy sometimes. There's a lot of red tape to get through from what I understand. I personally had to wait for over two months for my Analyst II position to be approved, for example.

Interview Question – I didn't really have any 'out there' questions, or at least none that I didn't expect. The usual.   Answer Question

Partner Account Manager Interview

Partner Account Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tech Data in January 2010.

Interview Details – Got recommended by a friend, got called the day after. The 1st interview took place with the hiring manager and the day after I was called by the HR to set my 1st day at work

Administrator II Interview

Administrator II
Clearwater, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tech Data in November 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring is usually through staffing agency (currently Kelly, was Randstad, and before that Spherion). The staffing company has you go through various checks and competency tests. I did an initial interview with them in Tampa. After they gave their input to hiring manager at Tech Data, I had an interview at Tech Data's office. From here, the process varies tremendously by department and manager. My manager took me to the team with whom I would be working and essentially had them interview me. After she gauged the team's response, I was told that, barring any issues with my background check, I had the job.

Interview Question – Tech Data has a lot of internal jargon and some of the team member's questions included a lot of their own acronyms, etc... which made it difficult to interpret every question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not too much negotiating in the process, but not set in stone either.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Tech Data.

Interview Details – Great office, everyone was focused on what they were working on and not so much on who was walking around the office. Interview lasted about an hour. Manager was knowledgable and asked good questions that pertained to my ability to perform the position. Interested in my background and what i thought would help me in getting the position.

Interview Question – Do you know spanish? How well? Willing to travel? Do you have a passport?
Upon being hired, this all made much more sense
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tech Data

Worked for Tech Data? Contribute to the Community!