Tech Data

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.7

Senior Manager Interview

Not hard...the interviewer must like you. My opinion is don't waste your time applying for this company, esp. in Logistics. You are going to make money but it's not going to last because managers don't last here. Just my opinion.

None

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Tech Data.

biggest weakness, give me an example of time you and a co worker didn't see eye to eye and what did you do to resolve the issue. whats your dream job.

there was none.

Solutions Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tech Data in May 2014.

Called me a few days after I applied online to set up a phone interview. Talked with HR about what the job entails. They asked about my background. Then they asked me to come in for an interview with the hiring manager. The focus of this job is telephone customer service. You will need at least a couple of years recent experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual, strengths/weaknesses, background information on my previous jobs.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tech Data in April 2014.

Hiring and Interview process is simple. Phone screening was done prior to face to face interview. HR process in arranging face to face interviews is pathetic. Arranged an interview with Marketing manager but position was for IT Intern. They did it correct the 2nd time. Interview was simple. Questions were related to the past experience and experience with the technology they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Not very unexpected. Make sure you know your resume well.   Answer Question

Sales Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tech Data.

Long, all depends on the interview and manager whom is doing it,

Interview Questions
    • Very straight forward, resume review, talk in a normal conversation.   Answer Question
    none

Senior Accountant - Internal Audit and Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tech Data in March 2014.

Phone interview first which is very akward since the HR recruiter is not a great communicater. In person interview which is much more relaxing but will go on for about an hour. Then they call you two weeks later to offer you the position, which i thought was a very long time to wait.

Interview Questions
    • What are the last three books you have read for fun? If you could choose any three people from any time zone to sit down and have dinner with who would they be?   Answer Question

Sales Support Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tech Data in February 2014.

USF Career Center told me about them and I applied for the job through their career site. I had many classmates in the MBA that worked for them and were swiftly promoted to more senior positions. Had to answer to behavioral and experience questions on an on-line form, then in a phone interview. Finally I had an on-site interview, where at first I shadowed an employee to see what the job was about, then interviewed by a senior and a junior recruiter. Lots of standard questions, straight from every manual about job interviews you've ever read.

Interview Questions
    • It was the most detailed interviewed I had had so far, and when they finally asked "do you have any questions for us?" I naively answered "no". I wasn't called back, not sure if because I did a bad impression, or because I was overqualified for the position.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tech Data.

Great office, everyone was focused on what they were working on and not so much on who was walking around the office. Interview lasted about an hour. Manager was knowledgable and asked good questions that pertained to my ability to perform the position. Interested in my background and what i thought would help me in getting the position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know spanish? How well? Willing to travel? Do you have a passport?
      Upon being hired, this all made much more sense
        View Answer
    None

Product Sales Champion Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tech Data in July 2013.

Initial call from Recruiter. Asked behavioral questions. Forwarded on to hiring mgr for FTF interview. More behavioral questions. Told wanted to hire fast but process took 8+ weeks. Said was "unavoidable delay" but did not explain what it was. Then called back 2nd time for group interview. Group interview was relaxed, less formal. Basically picked resume apart. Drilled into job and trying to find out if any experiences for the job applied for. Hiring Mgr sat and observed how you interacted since this is team you will be working with. Wants to see how you fit group dynamics and if the group likes you.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult. Behavioral (tell me about a time). Read the job description and transfer your skills to their terminology/job you are applying for. Different from other interviews in that rather than go over resume to start, told me about the postion first and then asked to go over resume and talk only about experience that related to the details of the job.   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate higher. They had clarified from the 1st recruiter call what the range of pay was and would not move forward in the process if not told ok.

Administrator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Tech Data in November 2012.

Hiring is usually through staffing agency (currently Kelly, was Randstad, and before that Spherion). The staffing company has you go through various checks and competency tests. I did an initial interview with them in Tampa. After they gave their input to hiring manager at Tech Data, I had an interview at Tech Data's office. From here, the process varies tremendously by department and manager. My manager took me to the team with whom I would be working and essentially had them interview me. After she gauged the team's response, I was told that, barring any issues with my background check, I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tech Data has a lot of internal jargon and some of the team member's questions included a lot of their own acronyms, etc... which made it difficult to interpret every question.   Answer Question
    Not too much negotiating in the process, but not set in stone either.