Tech Mahindra

Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.7

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tech Mahindra.

I was called for a Face 2 face interview on 31st January at EC bangalore for UI developer or AngularJS developer . The HR connected me to some one on the phone for interview. I went for an UI developer interview and they started asking do you know Java/ Struts / Hibernate. The interviewer told me that I was good at what I do but you dont match their requirement and finished the call in 2 mins. I told the HR that they had called me for the wrong interview without having verified my resume properly. She apologized and told to wait for 30 mins and connected me on the phone with one more guy would take interview for AngularJS. This interviewer asks the same question do you know Java/ Struts / Hibernate. I dont understand the logic behind the interviewers / HR as to why they ask for something which I havent even mentioned in my resume. Later on after I told i was here to give javascript/ AngularJS interview. He started asking silly questions like how to get value from text box in javascript in a bid to cover up either goof up of calling the wrong candidate for the interview. Just wanted to let people know that how unprofessional the whole interview took place to cover up their wrong doing.They wasted a days time of mine. I choose give interview at Tech mahindra over other company which had scheduled interview on the same day. They thoroughly disappointed me and wasted my precious time and other opportunity i could have bagged.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Tech Mahindra in January 2015.

2 rounds telephonic and then face to face. General questions from all the areas. Questions depend on the interviewer.1st round technical on telephone.They asked on all areas but general questions only.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tech Mahindra in December 2014.

- Attended the walkin .
    - Highly unorganised.
    - Interview panel was not available , so wanted the candidates to take the interview on call.
    - You will be made to wait for a long time before you get to the phone.
    - Interview was basically on Hadoop

Interview Questions
    • - Asked about the recordreader.
      - Can we do DDUP in the map/reduce rather than using the PIG/HIVE?
      - Explain the functionality of mapper ?
      - All the functions apart from the map in a mapper ?
      - How frequently do you run the scheduled jobs ?

Answer Question

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tech Mahindra in November 2014.

1. Ex TechM so had only technical round, unlike other who had two, with final HR round. This went upto night 10 pm and still some people were waiting for HR round
    2. quoted for expected CTC 30% over current, but as per company rehire policy it was not possible andso HR said they will discuss and get back to me next week
    3. tried contacting many times but we will back to you is answer received for 4-5 weeks and given up on following

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tech Mahindra in September 2014.

The placement process had three rounds
    1)Aptitude test
    2)Technical HR
    3)HR

The aptitude was pretty fair. We had 170questions which we had to complete in 90min. It had 100 English and 70 logical & quantitative. Since i had done a survey previously, i knew the aptitude pattern and i could manage the time. They had no negative marking. An average knowledge on English grammar and some mathematical formulae would be enough.

Technical HR was also pretty good and lasted for around 15min. The HR asked to tell me about myself, family, hobbies,about my project, usual C and C++,Linux-ubuntu--its special features,opengl.

The HR person asked only three questions.
    1) why Tech Mahindra
    2) where do i see myself in five years
    3)if i am okay with off-shore placements.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tech Mahindra in September 2014.

Interview was scheduled at 11 A.M, I reached @ around same time. unfortunately I forgot to carry my resume. And I cant believe, they told me to get a print out. I asked whether they have a printer, HR with a smile told me to get it from else where. Later, I realised even the employees have limited access to printing machine there :). technical round OMG, dude please learn yourself before asking question. I had to correct him every time he asked a question. Panellist had no idea whether the interview was for J2EE or HTML/JS. He had list of interview questions in his laptop which he went on asking. I was able to answer most of them. Later he was shocked to learn about my CTC, it is way par what TM offers to his/her employee.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Tech Mahindra in August 2014.

I was asked to take an exam by recruiter from Tech Mahindra. they have given confirmation that I cleared the exam and eligible for next F2F interview. It took almost 2 week after soo many followups. at last interview took place. but I did not get any feedback even I asked and mailed them. I have never ever seen this kind of people from HR department. It is minimum commonsense that to update a resource on the feedback.

Interview Questions
    • The exam was on code servlets and Jsp questions. Interview was on all the technologies that I have mentioned in profile.   Answer Question

Technical Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I got selected in walkin. It was for java candidates recruitment.
    1st Round : 1 technical written test with objective questions. 40 questions were there.
    2nd Round : After clearing the first round second written test. It had 20 technical questions with programs. Almost all the programs will throw error or exception. You have to give the reasons for each program.
    3rd Round : Technical Discussions in core java mostly. But it depends on the panel
    4th Round : Managerial Round. Project and your aspect discussion.
    5th Round : HR Discussion. Salary discussion.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tech Mahindra in July 2014.

first round is technical round in which you are given a simple C pgm to execute in 20min. next is again technical round in which 10 objective questions and 1 pgm to execute in 1hr. computers are given in both rounds and you can compile and see before you submit your pgm. 3rd round is technical f2f round which covers mainly there requirments and whatever you write in resume. 4th round is hr in which your professional details and salary negotiation is done.

Interview Questions
    • it was device driver question.."what does kernel wants from driver pgm to detect device."   Answer Question
    negotiate but dnt ask too much than what they offer.

Desktop Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Tech Mahindra in May 2014.

Am completed technical round. it has moved to hr process they took process to more than 20 days but final they did not released offer latter And did not provide the reason for declineing the ofer later.