Tech Mahindra

Updated Nov 15, 2014

2.8

82 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Tech Mahindra.

basic questions, nothing unexpected, basic java questions, details regarding project experiences and more questions on projects, personality questions , that should be of a 1 hour> its an easy interview. With confidence and basics u can easily crack the interview

no negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for Tech Mahindra

There were 3 Rounds in the campus interview process
    The first one was general Aptitude round
    This was around 30 minutes and it was multiple choice questions
    The second one was Group Discussion round and the essay writing round
    The essay writing was around 20 minutes
    The last one was Technical Interview
    This was around 45 minutes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tech Mahindra in November 2013.

Very vague job description.
    Asked basic data structures and algorithm questions.
    Basic networking questions as well.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Tech Mahindra.

HR phone call and interview what is the salary present gaining and is that ok if we give lesser then what you are getting what is the salary present gaining and is that ok if we give lesser then what you are gettingwhat is the salary present gaining and is that ok if we give lesser then what you are getting

Interview Questions
    • what is the salary present gaining and is that ok if we give lesser then what you are getting   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tech Mahindra in September 2014.

Aptitude and English test followed by Technical and HR Interview. The test mainly comprised of quantitative aptitude problems, vocabulary was also asked. Technical Interview was a nice experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Online Aptitude test followed by essay writing and then the technical interview and HR round..
    in Aptitude you have to attempt 170 questions in 80 minutes.. and 10 mins for essay writing..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thanjāvūr (India)

There were 4 rounds. 1-Aptitude, which was pretty tough contains 170 questions and 80 minutes of time.
    2.Essay Writing, which is an Non Elimination Round.
    3.Technical Interview, Basics of c,c++ for non-cse students and in depth programming and details about project for CSE students.
    4.HR Interview, Just to know about your communication skills and body language.

Interview Questions

I got into some other company which offered me more salary and growth.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thanjāvūr (India)

Campus hiring-1)first we had a written test that includes verbal,analytics,logical sections.There were 170 questions to be answered within 80 mins.
    2)Candidates who cleared written test had technical interview as next round followed by HR interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tech Mahindra in September 2014.

The placement process had three rounds
    1)Aptitude test
    2)Technical HR
    3)HR

The aptitude was pretty fair. We had 170questions which we had to complete in 90min. It had 100 English and 70 logical & quantitative. Since i had done a survey previously, i knew the aptitude pattern and i could manage the time. They had no negative marking. An average knowledge on English grammar and some mathematical formulae would be enough.

Technical HR was also pretty good and lasted for around 15min. The HR asked to tell me about myself, family, hobbies,about my project, usual C and C++,Linux-ubuntu--its special features,opengl.

The HR person asked only three questions.
    1) why Tech Mahindra
    2) where do i see myself in five years
    3)if i am okay with off-shore placements.

Software Engineer Interview

1ST ROUND-- First we had an aptitude test. It was a 80 minute paper with 180 questions. Out of this 80 were of aptitude and 100 were from English. These were further divided into 8-9 sections i.e. aptitude, logical,verbal,non verbal, passage reading etc. The question were not very hard but TIME MANAGEMENT was very important. There was a cut off for each section.
    Once the paper was over, we got the results at once on our computer screens.

2ND ROUND-- We were given a random topic and had to write a comprehension on it upto 1000 words. For this 10 minutes were given.

3RD ROUND(Technical Interview)-- Being a student of ECE background i was asked questions of my domian of both digital electronics. I was also asked to write basic 2-3 programs in C language , and some basic questions like what is a structure, pointer etc.

4th ROUND(HR interview)-- It was a nice experience.The HR will try to know more about you. How are you in person. Just try to be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Why is C language called C? Why was it not named D or E or F?   Answer Question