TechTarget Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2015

2.5

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TechTarget.

Interview

The interview was via yahoo massager. Not sure if its real or not yet but we shall see. I went to BBB and came to glassdoor for help. The overall interview was the average, nothing more nothing less.

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TechTarget (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was really good, simple questions by the HR. Talked about my career , my expectations of salary, waiting for them to get back with a new proposal and flexibility

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TechTarget.

Interview

I applied online via LinkedIn and heard back within a week or two. In terms of an interview experience it was pretty standard; starting with a phone interview followed by a first and a second round interview in person at the Newton headquarters. The first round interview is relatively easy. I met with two managers and a person already in the position. It was more of a conversational dynamic rather than them asking questions. I was invited for a second round interview and met with the Vice President of Client Consulting. TechTarget was great in terms of scheduling and very flexible. She was extremely pleasant, but had very little time to meet and I wasn't sure she was completely prepared as she kept asking me if I had questions rather than asking me questions. Overall, the experience was pretty average. I wouldn't call it difficult at all.

Interview Questions

• In the second round it was simply that she kept asking me questions. I felt wrong not finding at least one to ask, but after the third time I didn't have anymore questions.   Answer Question

They have great benefits, but the commute and salary were not logistically plausible for me.

Delegate Recruitment Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from the HR department about a week later. The initial interview was over the phone and consisted of basic background questions and information about the company. A second interview was scheduled to meet with the managers and that interview lasted for about 35 minutes. Very basic questions about why TechTarget and why the Delegate Recruitment position.

Interview Questions

• Why you feel you are a good candidate for the Delegate Recruitment position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TechTarget (Newton, MA).

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted via email a day or so later to schedule a phone screening. The recruiter was very sweet and extremely easy to talk to. At the end of the interview, she said she'd love if I could come in for a 1:1 and meet with my potential supervisor. I agreed, and came in the next week for an in person. The in-office interview was with two people, a direct manager and a team director, who worked remote and was therefore dialed in via a conference call. Really laidback interview, pretty standard questions, but I guess that depends on the department you're interviewing with. Overall, it felt like more of a "would we like you as a person" dynamic rather than "are you intellectually qualified" sort of thing, which was nice. Left the interview, shot over a thank you email, and heard back within a week saying I got the job. Love it here!

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard. As long as you show an interest in marketing and digital media, you should be fine.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TechTarget.

Interview

They work quickly-first HR phone interview, phone interview with test, then in-person. Denied after in-person due to lack of experience, which is fine, but shouldn't they have decided that in the earlier interviews and when I did homework for them? Did get a burn and churn vibe, but looked like young and fun place to work and a chance to learn a LOT about marketing. I did appreciate that they move fast. If I had gotten the offer, I probably would have accepted, but I didn't.

Interview Questions

• It was about excel, which I probably didn't answer in the best way….hence not getting the gig!   Answer Question

Reporting Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I was contacted over the phone. They set-up a phone interview, then a follow-up phone interview and finally an in-person interview. None of the interviews had any overtly difficult questions, they wanted just to see if I could handle all of the repetitive excel work with a certain level of concentration and speed.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

Interview

I started as an intern which was a great way to get my foot in the door. Once I got some experience I went for a full time position. This experience helped greatly with my chances of getting the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was very easy.

Data Entry Interview

Interview

This was done via messenger

Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TechTarget.

Interview

Phone interview, brought me in for initial interview, was given a sample. Then never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Nothing major, "will you be comfortable in this role?"   Answer Question