Technica Interview Questions

3.2

Enterprise Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dulles, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Technica.

Contacted by a recruiter and put through a single-round of in-person interviews by HR and an Engineering Manager. The position was dependent on passing nine internal technical tests (in 2008). This is no longer a part of the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about relatively outdated technology (ATM). This was never relevant to my actual work with the company.   Answer Question
    Had little leverage and took the first offer ($40k)

Software Engineer Interview

They make it seem like this is a good position, but it really isn't. Not honest at all in interview.

It was OK.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Technica.

Phone screening and in person interview. In person there was a written portion that allowed me to write to a certain prompt for 20~25 minutes. After that, it was the technical and skill set interview.

Senior Enterprise Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dulles, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Technica in September 2010.

2 interviews in 4 weeks.

easy

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Technica in July 2013.

They found my resume online and called me. The hr woman wanted to know my salary and i refused to tell her. She then asked what i was looking for and I told her-she said that was reasonable.

The screening process consisted of being able to interpret research papers. I passed that and I was brought in for a face to face interview. I got the offer. But here come's the good part- I was offered almost 20k less than what I was initially told! The stories on here about them low-balling is true!

The hr woman then tried to justify not giving me a higher salary because of "auditing purposes" and then belittled my experience to further her cause. Shady as hell!

I rejected the offer.

low-balled on salary

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Technica in March 2010.

Technica gets people to commit to the company by having rounds of interviews. I turned down other offers. Then they low balled me on salary. I get paid 20K a year less than colleagues at other companies. There is one day of orientation when they quickly go through everything and I found out that they pay once a month, I wouldn't get a full paycheck for 7 weeks, and I couldn't take any leave for 3 months. I found out later I had to take 8 hour increments of leave without pay if I needed any time off.

Interview Questions
    • general questions about my background. Nothing too detailed.   Answer Question
    The interview was easy. After the fact was when they got me. Go somewhere else.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Technica.

2 interviews; very easily scheduled. COO made a point of introducing himself in the lobby.

Interview Questions
    • Normal questions regarding skills, technical proficiencies, etc...   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Technica in June 2010.

it was pretty standard stuff. Some technical some just to see if you were a good person. all in all just the same thing you get everywhere else

Worked for Technica? Contribute to the Community!