Technical University of Denmark PhD Student Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Technical University of Denmark

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Technical University of Denmark in February 2014.

Interview

Skype interview for a few selected applicants. Would be reporting manager and closest colleague present. Very nice practical information provided towards relocation and work culture as well as details of actual work to be done and facilities. I had to give detailed explanations of the work done with few previous employers. The feedback received was very positive.

Interview Questions

• How would I manage the relocation with my wife.
    No technical questions were asked other than some details of what I explained.

Answer Question

Negotiation

nothing to negotiate, salary fixed by danish govt.

Other Interview Reviews for Technical University of Denmark

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Technical University of Denmark.

Interview

We exchanged a few emails. They requested grade transcripts, conversion of grades to the Danish grading system. First interview over the phone, I had to describe my B.Sc. thesis work. Second interview via skype, I had to describe my MSc. thesis work, answer some technical questions, what is motivation in my work and so. About 40 minutes I think. A few days later they called me to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary fixed by university/union. (public job)

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Technical University of Denmark (Copenhagen (Denmark)) in August 2009.

Interview

The research position was posted on the university website. I then send an application package to the hiring scientist. The initial phone interview was brief and basically he explained about the scheme of the projects and the expectations out of a PhD student/researcher. I had to make a decision whether I was still interested. Then I was invited for a site interview in which I met the scientst and his research collaborators in person. Here, the questions got more technical, and I also had the chances to pose more questions about the practicality about relocation issues. In general, this was among the best interview experiences I had (in my 12 years of professional working experience).

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations from this job?   1 Answer
    • Will you take the job ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very open and honest

PhD Student Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Technical University of Denmark in July 2008.

Interview

Some talk about academic background, mostly discussions about research interest, and some talk about the institution

Interview Questions

• Explain why you got medium high grades for a certain class   1 Answer

Negotiation

project specifics, responsibilities etc.