Technicolor Interview Questions in Indianapolis, IN

Audit Specialist Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Technicolor (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied for the job after getting an automated alert. The alert was for business analyst, but this one was an internal auditor's job. I am a CS grad who is planning to use my knowledge to the business side, so I applied for this not hoping to get a call. Plus, the job mentioned the candidate was required to have about 3 years of IT xp, which I had, so!

After about a week or so I got a call from a senior recruiter. We set up a meeting but the Sr. recruiter missed the appointment. Needless to say I was pissed off on that day. But I kept calm when she called back later, since special cases happen to all of us. The telephonic interview was set up with her on another day. She called at the said time and we spoke for about 40 mins. She said she liked my profile and how the discussion went, so she was going to set up a date for me for the next level of interview which was with the Director - Corp Audit. Then interviewed with the director for about 50 mins, overall it was a very positive interview, and I had a good feeling at the end. Several clarifications were made since I wanted to make sure that my profile is not being misunderstood ( i clarified several times of my lack of experience in audit). After the interview, I got a call from the Sr. recruiter the next day for a call to be set up with another Director, who would be in Europe. This one went well as well. The next day, the Sr. recruiter called me back for a on-site interview with several people. It was my exam week, so I could not get going right away, and the process was delayed for about a week.

After a week I was flown down to Indianapolis and was interviewed for about 7 hours by 7 different individuals from various departments (quality, sales, software engineering, security, HR) and of course again by the 2 directors and the VP of audit department. I was asked by almost everyone as to why I was ready for this position, and how I planned to learn. I was asked many times by the business sides of Technicolor, which I had read up pretty well beforehand. Most of the interviews were on my resume and past experience, with several pseudo situations thrown in. Only the interview by the PM of a software team was not too pleasant. No one asked me write a software program(since I am a comp sc grad I was expecting that), but I guess they did not need that for the role. Some asked about my interest in database and ERP, and I answered honestly saying that I liked databases and had educational training, but did not know much about ERP beyond the basics. I was asked several times by several people about my ability to travel, and I expressed my interest in travel.

In the directors and the VP interview , I was asked about my salary expectations and I told it to them based on how much I would get were I to get back to my old company and the appreciation for my education. Two days after the on-site interview was done, I was informed by the Sr. recruiter that they would make an offer to me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are better than other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offered salary was 60K + 10% performance bonus (cd go upto 15% based on performance) + 5K sign-on bonus. Though the base package was less than what I had asked for (65K), I considered my lack of related experience and the possibility of traveling the world on company money! Plus I am an international student and was informed that Technicolor would do my H1 as well as GC over time, which I was not expecting to be told to me right away. Hence I accepted the offer without negotiations.

P.S.: Technicolor has a good benefits package, so that got factored in too, as did the possible visa expenses to be incurred.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Technicolor (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2011.

Interview

Was recruited through a contractor agent. First had a phone interview and because I answered questions correctly, was invited for a face to face interview with about 6 people representing different areas of the job

Interview Questions

• What kind of Test Engineer are you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Hardware Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Technicolor (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2010.

Interview

Contact at a career fair, I had a phone interview and an on-site interview before i was offered the job.

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Technicolor (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2010.

Interview

The HR guys will take you walk around the company and give you a brief introduction about the environment, products, and economic situation. Lots of Technical questions. You need to be familiar with various areas of Electrical Engineering knowledge such as the communication system, software programming, basic DC/AC circuit calculation, etc. The manager will ask something about your background and behavior questions. Applications will be filled out during the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The deadline of the decision. Basically not much room for negotiation.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Technicolor (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2009.

Interview

Met with interviewer during co-op recruiting. Offer did not come. Waited for 2 months and another offer came from the same company, different department. Had phone interview, then they invited me for on-site interview. Travel not reimbursed.