Technicolor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Clerk Interview

Clerk
Burbank, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Technicolor in March 2012.

Interview Details – Was hired as a temp so I didn't really interview

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff
Glendale, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Technicolor in January 2013.

Interview Details – Simple, 2 step process with Managers

Interview Question – What do you dislike about your last Job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, Two step orcess

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Technicolor in January 2014.

Interview Details – Initially contacted from in-house recruiting requesting resume, which lead to technical/leadership telephone interview. Then was flown to Seattle for an all-day interview with 6 team members and a recruiter. The entire experience was very well conducted, and not at all unpleasant.

Interview Question – No really difficult or unexpected questions, but the first question from each of the interviewers was, "What is the most significant thing you have done as a leader?"   View Answer

Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Scheduling Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Technicolor.

Interview Details – Submitted to a Craigslist posting, and was contacted directly by manager - HR coordinator was never involved in the process, nor was then-CEO. Was hired via phone after initial in-person interview, and only met HR person afterwards when completing paperwork.

Interview Question – Really can't say - questions were pretty direct and only regarding my experience. No "why do you want to work for us," etc.   Answer Question

Director, IT Interview

Director, IT

Interviewed at Technicolor

Interview Details – As is typical, meetings with HR first, then hiring manager, then others. Not necessarily structured interviews. On the Technicolor side, they will share relevant details about the job, the company, etc. - expect good and honest answers to your questions. Phone interviews are likely as the company is spread out over multiple countries. They won't likely fly you somewhere for an interview unless it's necessary and you're a finalist.

Interview Question – Anything is possible - with me, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

Interviewed at Technicolor

Interview Details – Tough interview cycle. A couple full day interviews with a lot of tough questions.

Interview Question – How do you integrate operations into Agile Scrum?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Technicolor.

Interview Details – Original position was for a supervisor. This entailed a phone interview with HR, a one on one interview with HR and a final interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Questions were basic background and experience based. Examples were requested.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation with with HR. Minimal flexibility was exhibited.

Inventory Specialist Interview

Inventory Specialist
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Technicolor in July 2010.

Interview Details – Panel interview. Drug screen. Background check.

Interview Question – Give an example when you had to work independently without explicit training or guidance. How did you handle that situation? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. An offer was made.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Princeton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Technicolor.

Interview Details – So I got an interview call after one of my friends working there, referred me. Although I am an international student here and I am aware of my thick accent, the guy on the phone had an even thicker accent than I have! Nevertheless, he was a cool guy and turned out to be my mentor during the internship. He asked many questions on MPEG standard (e.g. Intra and Inter frame predictions, CABAC and so on), No coding question was asked. The whole interview took one hour and all of that involved asking non-trivial questions and at the end he asked me Do you have any idea to research on when you'd join here. I had some ideas and that guy liked it, so I guess that's why I got the internship. So be prepared about that kind of question.

Interview Question – Descripe your research and show me how it fits for video compression   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Technicolor in June 2011.

Interview Details – Was recruited through a contractor agent. First had a phone interview and because I answered questions correctly, was invited for a face to face interview with about 6 people representing different areas of the job

Interview Question – What kind of Test Engineer are you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Technicolor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Technicolor interview questions and advice. All 37 interview reviews posted anonymously by Technicolor employees and interview candidates.