Technicolor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.8

Customer Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Technicolor (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. 1-2 phone interviews/calls with HR rep, in-person meeting with Hiring Manager. All Technicolor staff were courteous and professional. Job description was extensive on paper but ambiguous in person when asked about actual work to be performed and how performance to be measured. Company going through restructuring, recent layoffs, and high workload. Welcome to corporate America.

Interview Questions

• How do you resolve conflicts when working with your colleagues or other departments?   Answer Question

Packer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Technicolor (Memphis, TN) in March 2015.

Interview

Pass drug test and background check. They did not check any references or need a resume. It was simply pass the test and get the address. It would have been helpful if they would have mentioned that nobody can leave the building for lunch.

Interview Questions

• The only thing they asked for was hours of availability.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I went through a 2 phone screens,one from an internal recruiter and another via an engineer did an onsite. Onsite was mostly technical questions. Lots of questions about my previous programming experience, Questions were the standard garden variety "brain teaser" programming questions involving string manipulation and some questions on OOP; Some logic puzzles as well.

Interview Questions

• I was given a 100% logic question, no programming involved   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied for a position online and received an email from an HR employee stating that my resume` was impressive and wanted to know what was my minimum salary requirements. After several email exchange, their HR set a phone interview and confirmed the time and date. The day of the interview, Technicolor's HR never called at all. I emailed and called a couple of days later to follow up, never received a call again. This is NOT the kind of company you want to be dealing with. UNPROFESSIONAL!

Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Technicolor.

Interview

Submitted to a Craigslist posting, and was contacted directly by manager - HR coordinator was never involved in the process, nor was then-CEO. Was hired via phone after initial in-person interview, and only met HR person afterwards when completing paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Really can't say - questions were pretty direct and only regarding my experience. No "why do you want to work for us," etc.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Technicolor (Seattle, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Initially contacted from in-house recruiting requesting resume, which lead to technical/leadership telephone interview. Then was flown to Seattle for an all-day interview with 6 team members and a recruiter. The entire experience was very well conducted, and not at all unpleasant.

Interview Questions

• No really difficult or unexpected questions, but the first question from each of the interviewers was, "What is the most significant thing you have done as a leader?"   1 Answer

Director, IT Interview

Interview

As is typical, meetings with HR first, then hiring manager, then others. Not necessarily structured interviews. On the Technicolor side, they will share relevant details about the job, the company, etc. - expect good and honest answers to your questions. Phone interviews are likely as the company is spread out over multiple countries. They won't likely fly you somewhere for an interview unless it's necessary and you're a finalist.

Interview Questions

• Anything is possible - with me, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Interview

Tough interview cycle. A couple full day interviews with a lot of tough questions.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Technicolor.

Interview

Original position was for a supervisor. This entailed a phone interview with HR, a one on one interview with HR and a final interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic background and experience based. Examples were requested.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation with with HR. Minimal flexibility was exhibited.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Technicolor (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

So I got an interview call after one of my friends working there, referred me. Although I am an international student here and I am aware of my thick accent, the guy on the phone had an even thicker accent than I have! Nevertheless, he was a cool guy and turned out to be my mentor during the internship. He asked many questions on MPEG standard (e.g. Intra and Inter frame predictions, CABAC and so on), No coding question was asked. The whole interview took one hour and all of that involved asking non-trivial questions and at the end he asked me Do you have any idea to research on when you'd join here. I had some ideas and that guy liked it, so I guess that's why I got the internship. So be prepared about that kind of question.

Interview Questions

• Descripe your research and show me how it fits for video compression   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation