Technicolor

Updated Nov 16, 2014
Updated Nov 16, 2014

2.9

Analyst Interview

Applied for a position online and received an email from an HR employee stating that my resume` was impressive and wanted to know what was my minimum salary requirements. After several email exchange, their HR set a phone interview and confirmed the time and date. The day of the interview, Technicolor's HR never called at all. I emailed and called a couple of days later to follow up, never received a call again. This is NOT the kind of company you want to be dealing with. UNPROFESSIONAL!

Scheduling Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Technicolor.

Submitted to a Craigslist posting, and was contacted directly by manager - HR coordinator was never involved in the process, nor was then-CEO. Was hired via phone after initial in-person interview, and only met HR person afterwards when completing paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Really can't say - questions were pretty direct and only regarding my experience. No "why do you want to work for us," etc.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Technicolor in January 2014.

Initially contacted from in-house recruiting requesting resume, which lead to technical/leadership telephone interview. Then was flown to Seattle for an all-day interview with 6 team members and a recruiter. The entire experience was very well conducted, and not at all unpleasant.

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult or unexpected questions, but the first question from each of the interviewers was, "What is the most significant thing you have done as a leader?"   View Answer

Director, IT Interview

As is typical, meetings with HR first, then hiring manager, then others. Not necessarily structured interviews. On the Technicolor side, they will share relevant details about the job, the company, etc. - expect good and honest answers to your questions. Phone interviews are likely as the company is spread out over multiple countries. They won't likely fly you somewhere for an interview unless it's necessary and you're a finalist.

Interview Questions
    • Anything is possible - with me, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Tough interview cycle. A couple full day interviews with a lot of tough questions.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Technicolor.

Original position was for a supervisor. This entailed a phone interview with HR, a one on one interview with HR and a final interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basic background and experience based. Examples were requested.   Answer Question
    Negotiation with with HR. Minimal flexibility was exhibited.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Technicolor.

So I got an interview call after one of my friends working there, referred me. Although I am an international student here and I am aware of my thick accent, the guy on the phone had an even thicker accent than I have! Nevertheless, he was a cool guy and turned out to be my mentor during the internship. He asked many questions on MPEG standard (e.g. Intra and Inter frame predictions, CABAC and so on), No coding question was asked. The whole interview took one hour and all of that involved asking non-trivial questions and at the end he asked me Do you have any idea to research on when you'd join here. I had some ideas and that guy liked it, so I guess that's why I got the internship. So be prepared about that kind of question.

Interview Questions
    • Descripe your research and show me how it fits for video compression   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Technicolor in January 2013.

Simple, 2 step process with Managers

Interview Questions
    • What do you dislike about your last Job   View Answer
    Yes, Two step orcess

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Technicolor in December 2012.

I applied via the company website and was contacted by the recruiter for an initial phone screening. The recruiter expressed a strong sense of urgency. We set up a time to speak and the recruiter main focus was on the distance of where I live versus the location of the role (40 miles). Told the recruiter the distance wasn't a problem and the recruiter promised to pass my resume on to the hiring manager. I followed up a few days later as suggested by the recruiter and never heard back

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Technicolor in March 2012.

Was hired as a temp so I didn't really interview