Technicolor Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burbank, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Technicolor in March 2012.

Was hired as a temp so I didn't really interview

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Technicolor in January 2013.

Simple, 2 step process with Managers

Interview Questions
    • What do you dislike about your last Job   View Answer
    Yes, Two step orcess

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Technicolor in January 2014.

Initially contacted from in-house recruiting requesting resume, which lead to technical/leadership telephone interview. Then was flown to Seattle for an all-day interview with 6 team members and a recruiter. The entire experience was very well conducted, and not at all unpleasant.

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult or unexpected questions, but the first question from each of the interviewers was, "What is the most significant thing you have done as a leader?"   View Answer

Scheduling Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Technicolor.

Submitted to a Craigslist posting, and was contacted directly by manager - HR coordinator was never involved in the process, nor was then-CEO. Was hired via phone after initial in-person interview, and only met HR person afterwards when completing paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Really can't say - questions were pretty direct and only regarding my experience. No "why do you want to work for us," etc.   Answer Question

Director, IT Interview

As is typical, meetings with HR first, then hiring manager, then others. Not necessarily structured interviews. On the Technicolor side, they will share relevant details about the job, the company, etc. - expect good and honest answers to your questions. Phone interviews are likely as the company is spread out over multiple countries. They won't likely fly you somewhere for an interview unless it's necessary and you're a finalist.

Interview Questions
    • Anything is possible - with me, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Tough interview cycle. A couple full day interviews with a lot of tough questions.

Operations Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Technicolor.

Original position was for a supervisor. This entailed a phone interview with HR, a one on one interview with HR and a final interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basic background and experience based. Examples were requested.   Answer Question
    Negotiation with with HR. Minimal flexibility was exhibited.

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Technicolor in July 2010.

Panel interview. Drug screen. Background check.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example when you had to work independently without explicit training or guidance. How did you handle that situation? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. An offer was made.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Technicolor.

So I got an interview call after one of my friends working there, referred me. Although I am an international student here and I am aware of my thick accent, the guy on the phone had an even thicker accent than I have! Nevertheless, he was a cool guy and turned out to be my mentor during the internship. He asked many questions on MPEG standard (e.g. Intra and Inter frame predictions, CABAC and so on), No coding question was asked. The whole interview took one hour and all of that involved asking non-trivial questions and at the end he asked me Do you have any idea to research on when you'd join here. I had some ideas and that guy liked it, so I guess that's why I got the internship. So be prepared about that kind of question.

Interview Questions
    • Descripe your research and show me how it fits for video compression   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Technicolor in June 2011.

Was recruited through a contractor agent. First had a phone interview and because I answered questions correctly, was invited for a face to face interview with about 6 people representing different areas of the job

No negotiations

Worked for Technicolor? Contribute to the Community!