Technip USA

2.5

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Technip USA in April 2013.

Recruiter emailed for convenient interview date + scheduled interview. Offer letter within 2 days of interview.

Engineering Technical Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Technip USA in January 2013.

Applied online and contacted the University Recruiter. Sent my resume and within a week or two set up a phone interview (as I attend university out of state). Interviewed with a project manager from my department and it went well. Very friendly and genuinely interested in what I had to say.

Interview Questions
    • Typical behavioral and situational questions for the most part.   Answer Question
    Set offer, but a great one

Business Unit Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Technip USA in November 2012.

Interviewer did not show up........underling subbed in just to fill in time.....very unprofessional

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Technip USA in January 2012.

Very easy to communicate with, everybody was helpful and cordial. HR maybe little pushy but willing to help with any questions. Questions on interview very basic. Nothing out of ordinary.

Interview Questions

High salary offered but worst benefic package I ever seen. Good time off policy.

Senior Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Technip USA in November 2011.

Phone interview and Person to person

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Technip USA in November 2011.

Interviewed with several senior people and had 1:1 interview with each of them.

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Technip USA in May 2011.

Name of company, position title and description, dates of employment. -
    What were your starting and final levels of compensation? -
    What were your responsibilities? -
    What major challenges and problems did you face? How did you handle them? -
    What have you learned from your mistakes? -
    What did you like or dislike about your previous job? -
    Which was most / least rewarding? -
    What was the biggest accomplishment / failure in this position? -
    Why are you leaving your job? -

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you will be working in this company for a long term?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Technip USA in May 2011.

Applied on-line. Did not get a response immediately. Few weeks later HR called and scheduled an interview. I was given one week to prepare for the interview. The interview took half a day. I was scheduled to meet 4 different people for 45 minutes each. Everyone had my resume on their table and had taken few minutes to go through it. (I liked that).
    Standard questions - why are leaving current company, why us and what will you bring to the table here. It was very obvious that the interviewers were trying to gauge if I am a fit here or not. I was asked technical questions - nothing too difficult, but they wanted to make sure that I know my stuff.
    All the interviewers gave me the opportunity to ask questions. Ended up asking the same questions. The first interviewer would have made the final decision. All the interviewers were nice, well dressed and professional.
    Offer - Got offer via email two weeks after the interview.
    Advice - Once you are sure that the right person has got your resume, do not contact them again and again. Everyone tends to contact either after applying on-line or after the interview. Believe me, if they want you, they will bring you from your grave. Does not mean that you don't send the courtesy email after interview, but do not call up 20 times to check about the result of the interview.

Interview Questions
    Not much scope to negotiate. The main interviewer had discussed my current compensation during the interview. Offer was pretty much in line with what other companies would have offered. (No complains).

Graduate Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Technip USA in May 2011.

- Initial HR interview (phone)
    - Formal screening by the engineering manager and project manager

Subsea Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Technip USA in October 2010.

Expected me to move laterally at the salary that I was making to get an opportunity to work for Technip. I did not think it was such a great idea.