Technip USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer

Interviewed at Technip USA

Interview Details – First there was a Phone interview with HR……it was followed by an in-person interview with the hiring manager and also with HR again. The whole process took a week or so.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions mostly…coupled with job profile related questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Piping Designer Interview

Senior Piping Designer
Claremont, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Technip USA in January 2014.

Interview Details – It was great very nice people

Interview Question – What would be your future goals   View Answer

Negotiation Details – How much do you want

Financial Analyst/Assistant Controller Interview

Financial Analyst/Assistant Controller

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Technip USA in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online for an assistant controller opportunity. was contacted a month or so later for an interview. by this time the opportunity had become a financial analyst role. not caring too much about the title i decided to accept the interview invitation.

I went to the office in suburban socal to meet with the regional finance director/ controller. he was a very nice and seemed to be well respected with the facility. i was told that he was interviewer not only for skill but also fit with the other member of the team. i spoke to him for a hour or so and it was a straight forward/ tell me about your resume interview.

i then met with the other member of the team. she initially appeared nice as well and it seemed that we would work together with no problem. but at the end of the interview she mentioned that it would be a 3 prong reporting structure - this role to her and her to the FD. caught in obvious shock i said okay. i think my reaction offended her because she would not
even shake my hand as i was escorted out of the building.

2 weeks later i received a system generated email thanking me for my time but declaring that the company was not interested in moving forward.

Interview Question – tell me about yourself.
why do you want to work here?
what financial systems have you worked with before?
how well do you work in teams?
  Answer Question

Graduate Design Specialist Interview

Graduate Design Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Technip USA in May 2011.

Interview Details – - Initial HR interview (phone)
- Formal screening by the engineering manager and project manager

Interview Question – None. Was a relaxed interview.   Answer Question

Business Unit Controller Interview

Business Unit Controller
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Technip USA in November 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewer did not show up........underling subbed in just to fill in time.....very unprofessional

Engineering Technical Aide Interview

Engineering Technical Aide
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Technip USA in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and contacted the University Recruiter. Sent my resume and within a week or two set up a phone interview (as I attend university out of state). Interviewed with a project manager from my department and it went well. Very friendly and genuinely interested in what I had to say.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral and situational questions for the most part.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Set offer, but a great one

Very Easy Interview

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Senior Project Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Technip USA in April 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter emailed for convenient interview date + scheduled interview. Offer letter within 2 days of interview.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

Interviewed at Technip USA

Interview Details – Was hired by Stone & Webster Houston office on Enclave before Technip's acquisition a couple of years ago. Very laidback interview by total 4 interviewers. Most of time just chat and introduce the business of the company. Just relax and be yourself, but stay focus and confident, then you will be fine.

Interview Question – Very few questions, no technical, all behavior type.   Answer Question

Senior Planner Interview

Senior Planner
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Technip USA in November 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview and Person to person

Interview Question – Why are you leaving CB&I   Answer Question

Scheduler Interview

Scheduler
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Technip USA in May 2011.

Interview Details – Name of company, position title and description, dates of employment. -
What were your starting and final levels of compensation? -
What were your responsibilities? -
What major challenges and problems did you face? How did you handle them? -
What have you learned from your mistakes? -
What did you like or dislike about your previous job? -
Which was most / least rewarding? -
What was the biggest accomplishment / failure in this position? -
Why are you leaving your job? -

Interview Question – Do you think you will be working in this company for a long term?   View Answer

Worked for Technip USA? Contribute to the Community!