Technip USA Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.6

Subsea Engineer Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Technip USA (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was an all day long event. There were 14 finalist interviewers out of 60 applicants. 5-8 would receive job offers. There were three interviews and one group activity spread throughout the day at their North American HQ in Houston. After the 12 hour long process, the VP bought everybody two drinks at a happy hour at the hotel next door, and this was great for networking with employees that attended.

Interview Questions

• Do you know any of the companies that are our competitors?   Answer Question

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Technip USA (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process can arrange by phone due to I am not available face to face meeting . Morever the interview process to be conduct by phone to save time and money . Please advise you comment if any or any further instruction .Overall this interview to provide you backround of candate with employer

Interview Questions

• Why I want to apply the job to Technip   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

First there was a Phone interview with HR……it was followed by an in-person interview with the hiring manager and also with HR again. The whole process took a week or so.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions mostly…coupled with job profile related questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Technip USA in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online for an assistant controller opportunity. was contacted a month or so later for an interview. by this time the opportunity had become a financial analyst role. not caring too much about the title i decided to accept the interview invitation.

I went to the office in suburban socal to meet with the regional finance director/ controller. he was a very nice and seemed to be well respected with the facility. i was told that he was interviewer not only for skill but also fit with the other member of the team. i spoke to him for a hour or so and it was a straight forward/ tell me about your resume interview.

i then met with the other member of the team. she initially appeared nice as well and it seemed that we would work together with no problem. but at the end of the interview she mentioned that it would be a 3 prong reporting structure - this role to her and her to the FD. caught in obvious shock i said okay. i think my reaction offended her because she would not
    even shake my hand as i was escorted out of the building.

2 weeks later i received a system generated email thanking me for my time but declaring that the company was not interested in moving forward.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself.
      why do you want to work here?
      what financial systems have you worked with before?
      how well do you work in teams?

Answer Question

Senior Piping Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Technip USA (Claremont, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

It was great very nice people

Interview Questions

• What would be your future goals   1 Answer

Negotiation

How much do you want

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Was hired by Stone & Webster Houston office on Enclave before Technip's acquisition a couple of years ago. Very laidback interview by total 4 interviewers. Most of time just chat and introduce the business of the company. Just relax and be yourself, but stay focus and confident, then you will be fine.

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Technip USA (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Recruiter emailed for convenient interview date + scheduled interview. Offer letter within 2 days of interview.

Engineering Technical Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Technip USA (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online and contacted the University Recruiter. Sent my resume and within a week or two set up a phone interview (as I attend university out of state). Interviewed with a project manager from my department and it went well. Very friendly and genuinely interested in what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral and situational questions for the most part.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Set offer, but a great one

Business Unit Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Technip USA (Houston, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Interviewer did not show up........underling subbed in just to fill in time.....very unprofessional

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Technip USA (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Very easy to communicate with, everybody was helpful and cordial. HR maybe little pushy but willing to help with any questions. Questions on interview very basic. Nothing out of ordinary.

Interview Questions

High salary offered but worst benefic package I ever seen. Good time off policy.