Technisource

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Technisource in October 2011.

Interview Details – Had several phone interviews with the recruiter. After the stated that I was a good candidate, I had several interviews with the customer.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions were asked.   Answer Question

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Help Desk Analyst
Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Technisource in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was not interviewed. I had been employed at my current site in the past on a different account & staffing agency. I sent in my resume. My previous performance on the site was checked, an offer was made, I accepted the offer (I had no other offers pending) then hired. I accepted on Tuesday and was in on the following Thursday for paperwork. The following Monday I began training.

Interview Question – No interview. No questions. When interviewed by another staffing agency approximately 24 months prior, I was given a basic written test and browser based windows terminology test. Questions like: What does IP in IP address stand for? What does FTP stand for? How do you create a windows shortcut on the desktop? What is a browser? How to delete a file in Windows. What does HTTP stand for?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was told the hourly rate, take it or leave it. (I was not told that the hourly rate is largely fixed.) Technisource has no path for a (contract) employee to obtain a raise. The customer provides evaluation of my skills on a regular basis, yet Technisource does not utilize the customer evaluations nor provide feedback on performance.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Technisource in January 2008.

Interview Details – Referred in, interviewed next day.

Engineer With TMS Interview

Engineer With TMS
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Technisource in February 2012.

Interview Details – Just a couple of conversations with engineers and management really.

Reason for Declining – I could tell this place was run like a sweat shop. When pressing management about the sales cycle I got a round about answer. There is apparently no direct sales people for the TMS group. Engineers seem to be run hard, and one of the managers actually said that he wished that "he could get management to understand that their you should full lucky to have a job attitude towards employees isn't applicable now that the IT job market has picked up". Not to mention the offer was a joke. No 401k, 2 weeks vacation, and an average salary, with very mediocre health care. When you are a staffing company, and try to hire people in to your company full time and give such a poor package, it certainly makes you wonder. Being a staffing company they should know better.

PC Tech Interview

PC Tech
Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Technisource in April 2012.

Interview Details – All easy phone interviews. Mostly meet and greet. Very few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable setting up new pcs and working with end users?   View Answer
  • When can you start?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. It was a take it or leave it situation.

IT Recruiter Interview

IT Recruiter
Pleasanton, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Technisource in October 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call from an internal recruiter, encouraging me to interview. The recruiter was cheerful, helpful, and organized. I quickly advanced to a 1:1 in person interview with the hiring manager, and soon a panel interview with the entire team of recruiters, where I could ask peers questions.

In hindsight, I should have paid attention to some of the recruiter body language,who seemed to resent their participation in the group interview (they were required to participate). They provided me business cards, and I wish I had contacted them offine individually about the office environement. I would have declined the offer if I had fully understood how they were managed.

Interview Question – How do you feel about selling primarily over the phone?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my base salary up 20% from the initial verbal offer. Management was elusive about the commission calculation and expectations. They could not produce a written formula for the commission calculation, and they had a very poor way of explaining it. As it turns out, their territory revenue expectations were too optimistic, and in the end the entire division was laid off after a matter of four months.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Technisource in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interview with the recruiter.
Interview with the Technical Lead.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions from the recruiter.
    Basic technical questions about C++ from the recruiter.
      Answer Question
  • Tell me about your old projects.
    Do you know DO-178B? Any experience in the Aviation industry?
    No technical questions. Maybe because my past experiences were very related to the job.
      Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hiring process is very fast. Applied online. One month later the recruiter called. Interviewed and passed the 1st round. Then interviewed with the Technical Lead. Didn't answer well. However, 1 day later the job was offered because the it was urgent.

Business Development Director for TMS-- Professional Services Division Interview

Business Development Director for TMS-- Professional Services Division
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Technisource in August 2011.

Interview Details – This interview was for a sales role for Technology Management Solutions--the professional services division.

Phone interview with HR, then with a group of practice leads. Then, face-to-face with hiring manager and two different groups of practice leads. The phone interviews were 1 hour each, and the in-person interviews were 1.5 hours each, for a total of 8 hours spent in interview. Afterwords, a request for a written, 90-day plan. After submission, there was no response from Technisource. No phone call, not even a generic "going in another direction" email...just silence.

There was an open admission that they have never had a successful salesperson for the TMS group, nor did they feel they knew what or how to pay the right candidate, nor did they know what the candidate needed to do to be successful. One practice lead told me that there were too many leads for any salesperson to follow up on all of them. The hiring manager then told me that there were no leads, and the only way to be successful was cold calling.

Interview Question – Are you a hunter or a farmer?   Answer Question

Web Consultant Interview

Web Consultant
Atlanta, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at Technisource in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interview with Technisource manager and a manager of the department I would be in. Interview was mostly basic questions discussing theoretical problems.

Interview Question – Tell me why we should hire you.   Answer Question

Help Desk Support Interview

Help Desk Support
West Des Moines, IA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Technisource in July 2011.

Interview Details – I received a call for one of the technical recruiters who I later met for an interview. We discussed my previous skills/job history and my education background in detail (such as the job duties, what I liked about the job, my major, favorite classes or so on). This was one of the first in depth interviews that I had but it was an interesting experience; and it went well.

Interview Question – What did you like most about the your previous job?   Answer Question

Worked for Technisource? Contribute to the Community!