Technology Business Research

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Technology Business Research

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, NH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Technology Business Research in May 2014.

Met with the intern coordinator and another research analyst. They took me into a small conference room and discussed typical questions (strengths and weaknesses, team scenarios, challenges overcome, etc.)

From there, they talked about what they do and how it aligns with what I (as a student) do. Beyond that point, we discussed corporate culture and how their intern program works. They asked logistical questions (when would you be able to start, hours able to work per week, etc.)

They told me afterward that they would be emailing me a writing test, and that they would be expecting returned files at a certain point (and to time myself). I went home and did the writing test!

Interview Questions
    • Ask some rudimentary interview questions, and then ask for you to complete a writing test.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Technology Business Research.

Contacted the company via email and they got in touch with me quickly after that.
    Had an initial phone interview and then was asked to come into the office for a follow up interview.
    The interview was not hard, really nice people who are easy to talk to. Basically went over my resume and asked the usual questions.
    At the end I had a quick (10-15) min Excel competency test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you have not met a deadline and the aftermath,   Answer Question

National Accounts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, NH

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Technology Business Research in April 2014.

Brought in and passed from person-to-person, got kicked out of two meeting rooms - scheduled for someone else apparently, not very coordinated, interviewers seemed ill-prepared and in two cases didn't even know the position was open for new applicants.

Interview Questions
    • We are a young firm, with your experience how would you fit in, in your own words - ageism?   Answer Question

Didn't "feel" right.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Technology Business Research.

Submitted resume / cover letter through a job board and got a phone call back the week of to setup an in person interview. Met with a few people from one of those practices / HR who asked some basic resume / behavioral questions and overall gauging my ability to different types of work described in job listing. Immediately after the interview, was emailed a sample PPT project that I was given a week or so to complete. A week after submitting the project, I was called back in for a second interview that lasted several hours, where I met with nearly all people from the practice I was interviewing to be apart of. While both interviews were long (3-4 hours each), the questions were all along straight forward. Though it took me a week longer to hear back from when I was originally told, I did eventually get an email back asking for a good time to call me about a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in this job? What do you think makes you a good fit? Do you have any questions for me? Tell me more about (something listed on your resume / cover letter).
      (All the questions are more or less a variation of this)

Answer Question

Research Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, NH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Technology Business Research in March 2013.

I e-mailed them my resume in response to a posting on my university's career website. A few days later they called me to set up an in-person interview. I was interviewed by two Research Analysts at once and the questions were pretty basic (Why are you interested in this internship? What are your strengths/weaknesses?). After the interview was over, they told me that they were going to e-mail me some information to look over and complete an analysis for a company, which is what interns do there. After they e-mailed me, I completed the analysis right away and e-mailed them back. It took them 2 weeks to respond to my competed analysis test and was told that my qualifications and experience made me a suitable candidate but they wanted to pursue other candidates for the position.