Technology Navigators

Relevance Date Difficulty

Market Manager Interview

Market Manager
Austin, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Technology Navigators in December 2012.

Interview Details – I really enjoyed the entire process, very thorough, I had the opportunity to meet just about everybody on the team in every department (not a huge firm), everyone was worm, engaging and fully transparent about the good, bad and ugly of their own experience working here (and there was not much ugly!!). Mostly, I felt, by the end, that they truly wanted ME to work there and join their team, and so far it has been the best decision of my 25 year career.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe my biggest failure in my career to date - it was hard as it is never easy to discuss a failure but I felt they were asking me to learn something about me not just catch me doing something wrong. I was not surprised with the question but I did need to dig deep and explain a bad situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very smooth, professional and open. They answered all my questions, and we negotiated with mutual respect.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Technology Navigators.

Interview Details – The interview process included meeting with a lot of people that were already employees there. It was a bit scattered and unorganized but you could tell they were trying. The funny thing is - they weren't sure what position they wanted to hire me for....

Interview Question – Hardest position to recruit for.   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Administrative Coordinator
Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Technology Navigators.

Interview Details – I had a great experience with the interview process at TechNav. My interview was very personal and conversational, instead of the interrogation-style approach that so many companies use to narrow down job candidates. While I was asked questions that pertained to my business acumen and work experience, I found that the supervisor focused on topics such as aptitude for learning new skills, personal interests, and collaboration skills.

Overall, they really focused on getting a sense of who I am from both a professional and personal perspective. I could tell that the primary objective of a Technology Navigators interview is to determine whether job candidate would fit in to and enhance the company's culture. It's all about team building!

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself in three sentences or less. I'd like to know who you are both personally and professionally.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

N/A Interview

N/A
Austin, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Technology Navigators.

Interview Details – The interview process is always a group interview where they play games with the candidates and ask questions that in no way pertain to the job position. They base their decisions on age, sex, looks and other factors that ultimately have nothing to do with a person's capabilities to do a job. Then they will try to force you to join this outside for profit organization called Landmark as a testament to your dedication to the company.

Interview Question – They do not ask technical questions at all. They will ask things like "Where did you go to school?" "What is your dream job?" and "If you could start your own business, what would it be?" They may ask about a person's ability to use MS Office, but even that is rare. The interviews are a joke and a popularity/beauty contest. Save yourself time and effort and do not interview here or even entertain the idea of it because you will regret ever meeting any of the people that work here now.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will NOT negotiate at all and do not offer benefits up front at all either.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Technology Navigators.

Interview Details – Got a random email from a recruiter, no intro just a "you fit this role, call us" .... the job which was sent was not even close to my skills

I choose not to engage a car dealer, cold call mentality so I declined to reply.

Recruiter Role Interview

Recruiter Role
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Technology Navigators in January 2012.

Interview Details – Three interviews on three different days that took up a lot of time.

Interview Question – Do you have a problem working 50+ hours a week?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They made me come in for the offer, felt like I was speaking to a used cars sales person, offer was ten thousand dollars below my current salary. Total waste of time. The environment felt very negative and turnover in office seemed to be high.

Very Difficult Interview

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Technology Navigators in September 2011.

Interview Details – So there was this Group Interview: there were about 15 candidates..in a big room with the company owner, the sr business development manager, account manager, their admin girl, accounts lady, and their special "speaker" to keep the audience engaged in a very professional manner and it was....However there was a catch at the end...."we want to try before we buy and so this will be a 4-6 weeks contract to start with and if we like your performance..we'll go from there"

Interview Process:
1) Ice-breaker by the "Speaker"
2)Company intro by the CEO/Owner
3) Candidates introduce themselves
4)The Sr Business Dev and the account manager talk about their typical day @ Tech Nav
5) Candidates ask questions
6) Questions back and forth - the ladies take notes as candidates speak..sarcastically making fun of candidates wherever they can ..pretending ..they are seriously interested in the conversation but they are so not! (i noticed a couple of times!)
7) what can you bring to the table.. that is "bold" - open question to all the candidates by the accounts lady!
8) The Catch - by the speaker "try before we buy" speel... Please call us on Monday between 8:30 - 9:30 am should you be interested in pursuing the opportunity further and we'll conduct further interviews

Not for me...but this could be the right opportunity for you..I guess when they say salary expectations in a sealed envelope ..they are just trying to hunt for cheapest option! Thats how i see it!

Good Luck!

Worked for Technology Navigators? Contribute to the Community!