Techtronic Industries North America Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Techtronic Industries North America (New Brunswick, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I was initially introduced to the company through the universities career fair. After giving them my information I got a phone call a few days later from one of the guys at the table. It was a brief phone interview, he asked what I knew about the company and program etc, it was mostly to set up a face to face interview. We arranged to meet a few days later. The interview was very laid back, in a public setting, nothing to difficult. We went over my resume. The questions were general like how well are you with communication, where do you see yourself in 5 years, when was a time where you saw yourself to be less challenged, what skills would over people say you have.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from all the other candidates and why should we choose you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Techtronic Industries North America.

Interview

First step was the career fair where you can sign up for an on campus interview. After the 2 30 minute on campus interviews, I was flown to Milwaukee for a 2 day interview with candidates from across the country. Met a lot of great people and had a good time.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Techtronic Industries North America.

Interview

Was contacted by phone to set up an in person interview. Process was very quick, two interviews in the same week. Very informal. It was one of the better overall interview experiences that I have had since graduating from school. They are very good at getting back to you quickly.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. They want to see if you are open to relocating and want to gauge your overall interest in the position. Be prepared to tell instances of your time management and selling experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Field Sales Representative/Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Techtronic Industries North America (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process was pretty direct. Started off with two interviews on my campus, both included a handful of qualifying questions. Became a little more relaxed and focused more on possibility of relocation, which is big for them. Third interview session I was flown out to Milwaukee with 39 other students in the pool for the leadership development program. First day was spent with a presentation, tours of the facilities and a Home Depot that shows what the position does. Ended with a networking dinner to meet others that have gone through the sales position to a higher level position. The next day was three separate 30-minute interviews. All three asked about relocation and asked a few behavioral questions. Didn't have any situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you've had to publicly admit you were wrong.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, very good benefits and little negotiating room. Entry-level position being groomed for upper management.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Techtronic Industries North America.

Interview

Informal interview setting (Starbucks). Interview is primarily to determine personality compatibility with the job/team. Followed up by a phone interview in which offer was extended informally followed up by an official email offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very simple negotiation. Here is the offer, take it or leave it.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Met with divisional and manager of territory, discussed expectations, past experience, work ethic, people skills, opportunities for growth, promotion paths. Very easy going and casual. Not as concerned with product knowledge or experience, more concerned with interpersonal skills and work ethic, feelings about working independently

Interview Questions

Interview

one phone interview and one on-site interview. Both talking a lot of project experience. Mainly asked the details on your resume. There are more than 10 persons include the VP, project director get involved in the interview. But they almost ask the same questions like introduction, your favorite project, what can you do... something like that.. The people there are all really nice. Have a pretty fine talk with them.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Just prepare well for the resume questions.   Answer Question

Field Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Techtronic Industries North America.

Interview

A 3 round process that started with a younger professional, which then later lead to a manger, and finally divisional managers that took roughly 2 weeks to go through. Nothing out of the ordinary, all were very friendly. They did tend to shine the actual job description but who doesnt when hiring

Interview Questions

• No real tricky questions all were the typical questions you would expect   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotionation

LDP - Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Techtronic Industries North America (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied via college job portal - Phone screen followed up by in person followed up by a series of 3 interviews of 2 people each. I then met and interviewed with the VP of sales in the region. Requires clean driving record and saliva swab. Ability to relocate seems to be a big part of this position - almost all new hires get relocated. You might get screwed and be offered only remote territories (Alaska, Montana). Even though my location preference was Washington, by stating my willingness to relocate was high, I was not offered to stay in WA. The other kid who interviewed with me got to stay in WA because his willingness to relocate was small.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of previous leadership? Give an example of how you dealt with a stressful situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Techtronic Industries North America (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview, 2 in person interviews. They flew me out to meet the divisional VP and we chatted for a while about personal stuff and stuff we find important in a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with a challenge and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question