Teck Cominco Interview Questions

2.6

Power Plant Operator Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Teck Cominco.

Interview

After initial phone contact, arrangement made to fly into Anchorage, AK, then get on a 2-3 hour charter flight to the minesite. Stayed for approx. 3 days for interview and tours.

Co-Op Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Teck Cominco in October 2013.

Interview

The interview starts off with a CV review and chit-chat about various elements of your CV. Afterwards there's a list of questions that the interviewer goes through. Misc. elements include are you planning to drive to BC, what do you know about Teck, what do you know about Fernie, etc.

Interview is mostly behavioral. Name three things that you think you could improve, name three things you'd like to improve, name three things you're strong at, tell me about a time where you had to work with difficult people, tell me about a significant accomplishment, tell me how you achieved a significant goal while working in a team.

Interview Questions

• Name three things you would like to improve about yourself by working at Teck.   1 Answer

Labourer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Teck Cominco.

Interview

First interview was a general one about previous work experience and such, very general ad easy. The next one was with 3 management members and was more in depth, asking what I knew about mining and safety. They pride themselves on safety so mention a lot of times where you have had to be safety conscious on the job.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any challenging questions for this position but I'm sure the interviews get harder for each higher level.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There are no negotiations at this level in the company

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Teck Cominco.

Interview

Phone interview followed by group/panel interview. Phone interview was basic describe a time with only a couple of questions, group interview was casual discussion about previous experience and some more describe a time when. Afterwards a drug test was required, references were called.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with someone difficult, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Power Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trail, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Teck Cominco (Trail, BC (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

I connected teck Metals Ltd through their website. i have applied numerous times with no result. I was finally contacted by the HR department. I called back but wasn't able to talk with anyone specific which was annoying. I finally phoned secuirty to conatct the HR manager. The Hr rep who initiallly contacted me said she would email me the information to hiring. I never got it months later i finallly was able to get through and then was given more info and email again.

Interview Questions

• I think they are very in need to get anyone they will try any tacktic to get operators .   Answer Question

Negotiation

union no negotiateing

Engineering Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

interviewed at Teck Cominco (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

HR interviews with one person face to face. Short question and answer and more interest in experience, personality and ambition then anything else.

Interview Questions

More money from another companies offer

Process Engineering Coop Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Teck Cominco in January 2011.

Interview

One phone call interview, an on-site interview with recruiting panel, plant visit and lunch with employees.

Interview Questions

• In your idea, what is the safety environment should look like? what will be the best safety culture.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Teck Cominco in October 2009.

Interview

Typical behavioural interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a technical problem you solved recently and go through the steps.   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Teck Cominco in May 2007.

Interview

I was forwarded the opportunity by a friend, and submitted my resume directly to the hiring manager. She was very friendly and prompt, and we set up a time for an interview. I met with her and another HR staff memeber within a week. The interview went well, and that evening the requested I come in for another interview with the hiring manager and the VP. Again, both were very friendly. The questions were casual and friendly, but related directly to my experience and how it related to the job. Generally behaviour based ("tell me a time when..."). And some personality type questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you get frustrated when you play sports and things don't go well (I had mentioned that I like to play sports)   1 Answer