Tecplot Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tecplot

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tecplot (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Step 1 was HR phone screen, with general questions to test compatibility. This company is smoke free zone I was told. Fortunately I don't smoke. Step 2. VP Tech phone screen Step 3. Manager + Team Tech phone interview Step 4. take home problem solving Step 5. face to face 4 hour long back to back interviews.

Interview Questions

• problem solving was to find number of components in a graph. 1. face to face involved problem solving, tech questions from resume. 2. code review and C++ questions.   Answer Question

The offer was a verbal offer. The HR called and told me they want to offer me the job on the phone. The interview was easy. No surprises. I told them if they can support my H1 transfer. I also mentioned that H1 transfer is optional as I can work on my EAD which doesn't need company to support my H1b. When I mentioned the above within a day the verbal offer was withdrawn to my surprise. The company is either small or HR doesn't know how to handle H1B Transfers [sic]. The result is waste of my time. I also observed that the company doesnt like diversity. I haven't immigrants, seems like it is only for Americans, that explains their inability understand H1b/EAD applicants. No worries. Because of their refusal, I was able to land a job with 20k more pay with lots of benefits including 4 week vacation. In a weird way, I thank them for not giving me written offer. Thank you guys!

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tecplot (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

By phone and in-person interviews with HR and current technical writing department. Skills test and questions regarding education in the sciences. Phone interview was comprehensive and sought to ascertain field experience with the company's primary subject matter.

Interview Questions

• Questions pertaining to computational fluid dynamics.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick and conversational.