Ted Baker London

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ted Baker London in March 2014.

Interview Details – I worked for Ted Baker back in 2008 and was transferred to their showroom in Los Angeles later that year, due to a move. I loved working with the company and its quirky tongue in cheek british culture. The vibe was great and the team atmosphere was tightly knit (there were only a handful of employees at each location) so it was like a little work family (not corporate like at all). Their window displays for holidays and product launches were my personal favorite - the British like to push the envelope with their saucy humor. I also enjoyed the client events - where we celebrated loyal clients in a private party sort of atmosphere (reminds me of magazine launch parties).
I went ahead and applied in 2014 last month, because I missed the culture of the company and wanted to work with them again. The Assistant Manager seemed to like me and made it sound like she was going to give me a call back later that week (after they promoted one of their part times to full time position) but I never received the call. I am wondering if the promotion was reversed and they didn't have the space nor budget for it. I also was paid a very decent salary when I left the company back in 2008 and I am wondering if they took a look at the salary then and compared it to payroll now. Perhaps things have changed. I didn't like the lack of follow up and that would be the only thing I would change about the interview process this time around.

Interview Question – Can you wear high heels on a daily basis?   View Answer

Full-Time Keyholder Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ted Baker London in April 2014.

Interview Details – The store has not opened yet at King of Prussia so I had to e-mail a resume to the specific e-mail that was shown on the poster. I received a reply about 4 minutes later and we were setting up an interview in person in no time. I went to the first interview which was a one-on-one and it went great. She asked me questions about my duties at my current and past job. She asked about my career goals and how long I was looking to stay in Ted Baker. After the interview I ended up having a phone interview with the store manager because our schedules were busy at the wrong times to see each other. Over the phone I got asked what superpower would I want to have and how I saw myself at Ted Baker. The phone interview was not very long and then I was prompted to have one more interview in person to finalize things. My in-person interview was at the Starbucks near by where I was then asked more about my current position at my job. They asked about if I made certain sales goals and how do I achieve them. The interview went great and we did go off topic a couple times but it was fine. Two days later I received any e-mail and then a phone call offering me the position. The whole process was pretty quick and easy so I was very pleased.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question I received was if I could have any superpower then which one would I choose?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate with them and the process was not bad at all. They were very understanding that I sometimes would need two days off in a row and the pay they gave me was very reasonable.

Interviewed at Ted Baker London

Interview Details – Standard.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Sales Assistant Interview

Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Ted Baker London in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was recruited from another company. When first approached I wasn't interested in leaving. But they ended up offering me a higher pay rate so I went where the money was.

Interview Question – What I wanted from working with the company   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really isn't much room for negotiation in retail and the same applies for here. If you don't take the job they can always find someone else to.

Interviewed at Ted Baker London

Interview Details – Handed A cv in, received phone call went for interview

Interview Question – If you could change one thing with your most recent emplyer?   Answer Question

Manchester, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ted Baker London in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied in-store, got a call back within few days.

It was a group interview, about 30 people. We had to do many things: describe the company (so read about it before!), remember as many facts as we could, divide in groups and choose appropriate outfits and explain why are these suited for the occasion and make a little fashion collage. We were also divided into pairs and had to find out about another person as much as we could within 2 minutes and then speak about this in front of everyone. Overall really nice atmosphere and it was fun, nothing too stressful!

Interview Question – Only the creative bits if you are not into it, also you really need to have some eye for fashion because they really test you on this one!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, it's retail. Mostly you work for just above the minimum wage.

Sales Assistant
London, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Ted Baker London in July 2012.

Interview Details – I just walk in to one of the stores and ask them if they had any position available at the moment. The floor manager ask me for my CV, he reviewed right then. He then said to prepare for an interview the day after with the store manager. They ask about your knowledge on the company and your interest in the fashion industry. I was then told that I had to take another interview with the area manger. The second interview was very brief, so it is important that you show enthusiasm.

Interview Question – Why Ted Baker amongst all the other retailers?   Answer Question

Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ted Baker London in December 2011.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, the work conduct of employees was professional however the management was unprofessional! However overall was a good company.

Interview Question – talking about yourself to a manager   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Ted Baker London.

Interview Details – Group interview- 7 people
To my knowledge only myself and one other person got through so that is 2/7 people were hired out of my group interview. There was a very relaxed environment set by the person conducting it (I am unsure of what title she held but there were other managers present too). It was 2 hours long and consisted of ice-breaker games at the start to see how you interact with the people in your group, then standing up to talk about yourself to the room (of ten people) telling them about you and your personality. Huge emphasis was placed on personality in this interview. Then it was followed up with a task to dress a particular brief handed to you detailing the person's age, profession, the occasion and what they would be looking for. This part was fun, it was proving that you could put together an outfit and help a customer should you find yourself in a similar situation working for Ted should you be hired.
 I found out immediately on the day that I got through, I received a phone call around 6pm and the interview had taken place between 10-12pm that morning. I filled out a form at the beginning of the interview, this form allowed you to select your location preference. I found out that I got the location I had put down as number 1 so I was delighted. The next step was getting "store approval" as I had selected to work in a big department store that vets each new recruit although they will be employed and paid by a separate concession. This was a one on one interview which went through my CV with a fine tooth comb. The key thing I felt to succeed in this interview was an interest in fashion which I have and so I passed.

Interview Question – Stand up and talk about yourself to the room of people for min of 5 mins.   View Answer

Manchester, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ted Baker London in May 2011.

Interview Details – One on one, assessed skills. Personal, fun, friendly, encouraging.

Interview Question – How would you describe current fashion?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ted Baker London? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ted Baker London interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ted Baker London employees and interview candidates.