Ted Baker London Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.8

Sales Associate Interview

Interview was great, only 4 persons showed up, typical interview introduce, why here etc but also had to make a outfit in 12mins out of paper bags ridiculous but fun over all it was good

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ted Baker London in August 2014.

I applied online through their posting on Indeed. A few days later, I was invited to a group interview. Typical beginning of going around in a circle and sharing names. However, we participated in an activity where we formed groups and had to design clothes with craft supplies. Afterwards, the two interviewers answered any questions we had.
    Later that day, I was asked back for a one on one interview with the store manager. The manager reviewed my resume, asked me a few questions, and that was all. Half hour interview, typical questions, very pleasant experience.
    Two days later, I received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    They asked for the expected salary and agreed that the one I offered was fairly reasonable.

Shop Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ted Baker London.

Interviewed with one store manager and then the West Coast Area Manager. Typical interview that lasted 30 minutes for the first interview and 1 hour for the second interview.

Interview Questions
    Not a lot of room for budgeting. But there is some wiggle room if you come from a more popular or a better brand.

Full-Time Keyholder Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ted Baker London in April 2014.

The store has not opened yet at King of Prussia so I had to e-mail a resume to the specific e-mail that was shown on the poster. I received a reply about 4 minutes later and we were setting up an interview in person in no time. I went to the first interview which was a one-on-one and it went great. She asked me questions about my duties at my current and past job. She asked about my career goals and how long I was looking to stay in Ted Baker. After the interview I ended up having a phone interview with the store manager because our schedules were busy at the wrong times to see each other. Over the phone I got asked what superpower would I want to have and how I saw myself at Ted Baker. The phone interview was not very long and then I was prompted to have one more interview in person to finalize things. My in-person interview was at the Starbucks near by where I was then asked more about my current position at my job. They asked about if I made certain sales goals and how do I achieve them. The interview went great and we did go off topic a couple times but it was fine. Two days later I received any e-mail and then a phone call offering me the position. The whole process was pretty quick and easy so I was very pleased.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I received was if I could have any superpower then which one would I choose?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate with them and the process was not bad at all. They were very understanding that I sometimes would need two days off in a row and the pay they gave me was very reasonable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ted Baker London in March 2014.

I worked for Ted Baker back in 2008 and was transferred to their showroom in Los Angeles later that year, due to a move. I loved working with the company and its quirky tongue in cheek british culture. The vibe was great and the team atmosphere was tightly knit (there were only a handful of employees at each location) so it was like a little work family (not corporate like at all). Their window displays for holidays and product launches were my personal favorite - the British like to push the envelope with their saucy humor. I also enjoyed the client events - where we celebrated loyal clients in a private party sort of atmosphere (reminds me of magazine launch parties).
    I went ahead and applied in 2014 last month, because I missed the culture of the company and wanted to work with them again. The Assistant Manager seemed to like me and made it sound like she was going to give me a call back later that week (after they promoted one of their part times to full time position) but I never received the call. I am wondering if the promotion was reversed and they didn't have the space nor budget for it. I also was paid a very decent salary when I left the company back in 2008 and I am wondering if they took a look at the salary then and compared it to payroll now. Perhaps things have changed. I didn't like the lack of follow up and that would be the only thing I would change about the interview process this time around.

Interview Questions
    • Can you wear high heels on a daily basis?   View Answer

Standard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ted Baker London in February 2012.

The job was advertised on Craigslist, interview was held at Panera Bread inside Lenox mall. It was a regular retail interview, nothing special. Experience, why do you want to work here, what do you know about our company ect.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I've worn there clothing before, they dont make clothing past a size 12 so I couldn't answer her question   Answer Question

Senior Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ted Baker London in October 2009.

I was recruited from another company. When first approached I wasn't interested in leaving. But they ended up offering me a higher pay rate so I went where the money was.

Interview Questions
    • What I wanted from working with the company   View Answer
    There really isn't much room for negotiation in retail and the same applies for here. If you don't take the job they can always find someone else to.

Sales Assistant Interview

I Cant really remember as was quite some time ago but as far as I can remember it quick and easy, more of a brief chat. They look over your cv and go from there, having then worked for the company it really depends store to store and what the interviewer chooses to ask you about, sometimes ask you to sell a particular item.

Sales Assistant Interview

Handed A cv in, received phone call went for interview

Interview Questions
    • If you could change one thing with your most recent emplyer?   Answer Question