Ted Baker London Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.6

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ted Baker London.

Interview

I visited the store with my resume prepared and dropped it off with a manager. I was called to schedule an interview the next day. The interview was very conversational. As long as you show passion for the brand and do your research, you should be fine. They want big personalities. Maybe 2 days after my interview, I was hired. The application was filled out after being hired. This is when I discussed wage with the GM and set my availability.

Interview Questions

• Dreaded question of "do you have any questions for me?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the wage offered.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ted Baker London.

Interview

I applied on a Thursday through Indeed.com, the next day I got an e-vite for a group interview on Tuesday. It was about an hour long we introduced ourselves, got into groups of 3 and had to create an outfit out of items that were given to us(construction paper, feathers, bags), it was actually really fun. Our "models" put on a fashion show, everyone laughed and enjoyed themselves. Then the managers asked us what we knew about the company and then they talked a bit about the company. The next day I received a call to come in for an interview with the store manager that week. Interview was stress free, nothing unexpected. A week later I received a call and accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate ,happy with what I got.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Interview was great, only 4 persons showed up, typical interview introduce, why here etc but also had to make a outfit in 12mins out of paper bags ridiculous but fun over all it was good

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ted Baker London in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online through their posting on Indeed. A few days later, I was invited to a group interview. Typical beginning of going around in a circle and sharing names. However, we participated in an activity where we formed groups and had to design clothes with craft supplies. Afterwards, the two interviewers answered any questions we had. Later that day, I was asked back for a one on one interview with the store manager. The manager reviewed my resume, asked me a few questions, and that was all. Half hour interview, typical questions, very pleasant experience. Two days later, I received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked for the expected salary and agreed that the one I offered was fairly reasonable.

Shop Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ted Baker London (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with one store manager and then the West Coast Area Manager. Typical interview that lasted 30 minutes for the first interview and 1 hour for the second interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not a lot of room for budgeting. But there is some wiggle room if you come from a more popular or a better brand.

Full-Time Keyholder Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ted Baker London in April 2014.

Interview

The store has not opened yet at King of Prussia so I had to e-mail a resume to the specific e-mail that was shown on the poster. I received a reply about 4 minutes later and we were setting up an interview in person in no time. I went to the first interview which was a one-on-one and it went great. She asked me questions about my duties at my current and past job. She asked about my career goals and how long I was looking to stay in Ted Baker. After the interview I ended up having a phone interview with the store manager because our schedules were busy at the wrong times to see each other. Over the phone I got asked what superpower would I want to have and how I saw myself at Ted Baker. The phone interview was not very long and then I was prompted to have one more interview in person to finalize things. My in-person interview was at the Starbucks near by where I was then asked more about my current position at my job. They asked about if I made certain sales goals and how do I achieve them. The interview went great and we did go off topic a couple times but it was fine. Two days later I received any e-mail and then a phone call offering me the position. The whole process was pretty quick and easy so I was very pleased.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question I received was if I could have any superpower then which one would I choose?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate with them and the process was not bad at all. They were very understanding that I sometimes would need two days off in a row and the pay they gave me was very reasonable.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ted Baker London (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I worked for Ted Baker back in 2008 and was transferred to their showroom in Los Angeles later that year, due to a move. I loved working with the company and its quirky tongue in cheek british culture. The vibe was great and the team atmosphere was tightly knit (there were only a handful of employees at each location) so it was like a little work family (not corporate like at all). Their window displays for holidays and product launches were my personal favorite - the British like to push the envelope with their saucy humor. I also enjoyed the client events - where we celebrated loyal clients in a private party sort of atmosphere (reminds me of magazine launch parties). I went ahead and applied in 2014 last month, because I missed the culture of the company and wanted to work with them again. The Assistant Manager seemed to like me and made it sound like she was going to give me a call back later that week (after they promoted one of their part times to full time position) but I never received the call. I am wondering if the promotion was reversed and they didn't have the space nor budget for it. I also was paid a very decent salary when I left the company back in 2008 and I am wondering if they took a look at the salary then and compared it to payroll now. Perhaps things have changed. I didn't like the lack of follow up and that would be the only thing I would change about the interview process this time around.

Interview Questions

• Can you wear high heels on a daily basis?   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Standard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ted Baker London (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

The job was advertised on Craigslist, interview was held at Panera Bread inside Lenox mall. It was a regular retail interview, nothing special. Experience, why do you want to work here, what do you know about our company ect.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I've worn there clothing before, they dont make clothing past a size 12 so I couldn't answer her question   Answer Question

Senior Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ted Baker London (Miami, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

I was recruited from another company. When first approached I wasn't interested in leaving. But they ended up offering me a higher pay rate so I went where the money was.

Interview Questions

• What I wanted from working with the company   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really isn't much room for negotiation in retail and the same applies for here. If you don't take the job they can always find someone else to.